Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,561 to 3,580 of 27,917

Blast

Bayonetta and Wonder Red deserve to get announced! C'mon!!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Pootypie

DestinyMan wrote:

@MrWalkieTalkie: Nope; this is just like the Mewtwo hoax I fell for last time. I'm not making the same mistake ever again. I'm one of those who think Pac-Man does have a chance, but this has got to be fake.

People are amazing at photoshop these days...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

cookiex

Fake.

It's a photoshop taken directly from a screenshot of Ghostly Adventures I believe. Plus as pointed out with the Mewtwo hoax if that was a screenshot of the game in motion playing in those lighting conditions it would look far blurrier than it does here.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Snagrio

OdnetninAges wrote:

Maybe there was a point in the "Yellow Characters" pic. of the day?!?

(I'm still remaining skeptical, though.)

Hmm, now that you've said that the latest pic of the day does seem suspicious doesn't it? Not to mention Sakurai has a habit of showing a "foreshadowing" screenshot before revealing something big.

But again, like yourself, I remain skeptical.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Rezalack

Are people actually asking for Pac-Man as a playable character..? Is there demand? I mean, he just seems like one of the worst choices ever. He has barely any design and his move set I imagine would be the most bland of all. He seems like a very lazy choice of character to put in SSB.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Shirma_Akayaku

So after this game comes out, would people simply send friend requests through the "People previously played with" option, or is there a thread for Nintendo Network ID Friend Requests for people to ask? Either way, I'm quite excited, so if anyone wants to play online with me, feel free to FR me.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Wheeler

Yes!!! Now I need is Sheik to be confirm.

Wheeler

Shirma_Akayaku

Wow. Zelda already? I want Sakurai to take a pic with Wii Fit Trainer, Samus, Rosalina, & Zelda so we can know who is the tallest of the ladies.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Blast

Can't Zelda get her own freaking trailer? Lol and her eyes look HECKA INTENSE.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

OdnetninAges

I knew they would announce Zelda for ALBW's release.

I'm still surprised Toon Link was revealed before her though, but I guess it makes sense since Toon Link was revealed around the release of WWHD, and Toon Link isn't in ALBW, but Zelda is.

Also, there's a screenshot with her controlling/attacking with a phantom from Phantom Hourglass. What's up with that?

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Shirma_Akayaku

@DestinyMan
Thanks for the pics!

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

shingi_70

Was hoping for SS Zelda. Man this game is neat looking.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

K964

OdnetninAges wrote:

Also, there's a screenshot with her controlling/attacking with a phantom from Phantom Hourglass. What's up with that?

In The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for DS, Zelda became a disembodied spirit and had the ability to possess Phantoms in order to aid Link in the central dungeon that you would return to throughout the game. It's nice to see another veteran's move set changed to reflect recent releases.

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all...

Pootypie

Is Donkey Kong trying to get Zelda to fall in love with him?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

OdnetninAges

K964 wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

In The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for DS, Zelda became a disembodied spirit and had the ability to possess Phantoms in order to aid Link in the central dungeon that you would return to throughout the game. It's nice to see another veteran's move set changed to reflect recent releases.

Well, yeah, I know that. I own Spirit Tracks, too. I said Phantom Hourglass because that was the Phantom's first appearance. What I meant was if it was a new move, or something. Maybe it's replacing Sheik? It'd make sense, since Shiek hasn't been in a Zelda game in ages.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

K964

OdnetninAges wrote:

K964 wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

Well, yeah, I know that. I own Spirit Tracks, too. I said Phantom Hourglass because that was the Phantom's first appearance. What I meant was if it was a new move, or something. Maybe it's replacing Sheik? It'd make sense, since Shiek hasn't been in a Zelda game in ages.

Okay, I was just pointing out the origin of Zelda having power over Phantoms. In terms of what attack is being replaced by this, anything we can come up with would be just speculation until Sakurai mentions it in a future Pic of the Day or Nintendo Direct.

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all...

MegaStoneSmash91

Knew Zelda would be revealed today, as did plenty of others. The Phantom is an odd thing to consider, though, since I doubt Sakurai would use a character announcement to confirm a new Assist Trophy. It must indeed be a new part of Zelda's moveset. Perhaps it's her new down special replacing the Sheik transformation? Would Sakurai really dispose of Sheik just like that? I'm guessing no, but as @K964 said, it really is all speculation until we see something official. It could be an Assist Trophy since there isn't anything disproving that theory, but nobody knows at this point.

On another note, this rounds out the roster to an even twenty characters for the end of the year, Not bad.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic