Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,501 to 3,520 of 27,917

Nintendaholic

to people saying she is a waste of roster space, i do not understand. CLONES are a waste of roster space. The only character her move set is remotely similar to is olimar, and it still is very different. im not a huge fan of the character myself but once i saw what she could do, i am very excited to play as her. If there is one thing we can all agree on its that they need to get rid of characters such as wolf, toon link, lucas and ganondorf or at least give them their own unique moves.

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

JetForceSetGrind

DestinyMan wrote:

Here's some food for thought. What will Rosalina's final smash be?

Super Mario Galaxy metacritic score.

In all seriousness a comet shower?

JetForceSetGrind

MegaStoneSmash91

Nintendaholic wrote:

to people saying she is a waste of roster space, i do not understand. CLONES are a waste of roster space. The only character her move set is remotely similar to is olimar, and it still is very different. im not a huge fan of the character myself but once i saw what she could do, i am very excited to play as her. If there is one thing we can all agree on its that they need to get rid of characters such as wolf, toon link, lucas and ganondorf or at least give them their own unique moves.

No character is a waste of roster space, unless of course they aren't playable at all which is silly to think about. I also don't understand those against Rosalina. She isn't a clone of Peach and has a very unique style of play. What's not to like? The major arguments seem to be about the fact that she's another Mario character, or that she simply isn't a character they wanted or that she was announced instead of someone THEY wanted.

And out of the characters you mentioned, Toon Link is the only real clone. Yes, Wolf and Lucas share similar Special Moves to Fox and Ness, respectively, but most of their other moves are completely different. They either look different, have a different effect, or both, especially Wolf's. Ganondorf made a good leap away from clone status in Brawl, but not completely. His Special Moves are still remarkably similar to Captain Falcon's, but again, it's his other attacks that set him apart. Granted most of them still look similar to Falcon's, it's the way they're executed and the heavy feel they have which made him feel less like a clone than in Melee. Toon Link is a clone yes, but he fits a different playstyle than Link. Being a light and nimble character, rather than a heavy-esque power character, he boasts different capabilities. I personally will play as him simply because he's Toon Link, since I love having 2 different helpings of Link. His Toon variation has practically spawned a game series of it's own with all the games that use the Toon art style. To me, that seems like a good reason to have two of the "same" character.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

SCRAPPER392

@CountWavula
I'm Not so sure about Wart, but those mask things that follow you could probably pass as an assist trophy.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Orngeblu

K, guess you can summon another after it gets KO'd.

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Wheeler

Now all we need is her Final Smash. Shooting Star Bits Assault

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

Snagrio

I guess nobody pointed this out exactly, but Rosalina's playstyle is basically a cross between Olimar and the Ice Climbers with a little bit of the Pokemon Trainer. Interesting.

Somewhat unrelated, but for some reason with Rosalina in the roster I keep thinking that now Palutena (my most wanted character) won't have any chance of getting in since they both have wand/magic stuff. But another Kid Icarus character hasn't been announced yet (let's face it, Pit isn't going to be alone this time), so I'll keep hoping.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

FishieFish

WingedSnagret wrote:

(let's face it, Pit isn't going to be alone this time)

Yeah, I'm sure they'll announce Magnus as a sticker this time.

"No one said you could touch."

WrappedInBlack

what if this was the roster?

1st Row: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo
2nd Row: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Toon Zelda, Pit, Palutena, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Fox, Falco, Krystal, Marth, Chrom & Lucina
3rd Row: Mii, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Ness, Samus, Olimar, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Little Mac, Takamaru, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man

Brawl Code: 0348-2005-6973

Snagrio

I know it's different depending on the format of the device being used, but on my Wii U browser there are now 8 new empty slots on the main website. Add those to characters already announced and it rounds up to 27. And so the excitement continues to build.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

Wheeler

WrappedInBlack wrote:

what if this was the roster?

1st Row: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo
2nd Row: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Toon Zelda, Pit, Palutena, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Fox, Falco, Krystal, Marth, Chrom & Lucina
3rd Row: Mii, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Ness, Samus, Olimar, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Little Mac, Takamaru, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man

No Shulk, Saki, and Isaac? Remove Toon Zelda, Mii, and Pac-Man.

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

Snagrio

DestinyMan wrote:

@WingedSnagret: Brawl has 35 characters, and I expect these games will have at least that many. Wii U and 3DS are more than capable of both supporting that many, despite what worries some people have. The new games need 16 more characters to reach Brawl's level, which is a lot, but I fully expect the pace of new and returning characters to increase as times passes through 2014. Sakurai's current rate of one or two characters announced per month isn't going to cut it for a 2014 release.

And as for a second Kid Icarus character, I still believe Palutena is the most likely. I would like Magnus, but he didn't have that big of a role in Uprising with only three appearances in three chapters. He would be more likely to be an assist trophy, like Viridi.

I know it's going to be at or beyond Braw's roster count, I was just stating what we can expect right now. I'll be rather upset if Magnus is added and Palutena isn't though. But both would be fine.

Speaking of new characters, I wonder if each one will have their own CG trailer. So far the first four have each had one dedicated to themselves, but is that going to be the case for all? Or is it going to be like Brawl where some were grouped together in a trailer (Pit, Meta Knight, Wario), and others get no major introduction (Olimar, R.O.B., Ike) whatsoever? I guess it'll depend on the number of newcomers and the rate of announcements for them in the coming months.

Snagrio

Budda

@WingedSnagret
They can update the page as often they want. They don't need to "reserve" any spots.

I just hope they will add as much newcomer as they did with brawl. So we could expect 12 more newcomers for SSB4.
And even if they have to remove some fighters from brawl. (My guess: Ike, ROB, Snake, Lucario, Lucas,.. I would have said Pokemon trainer but I can see him coming back with new Pokemon.)

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Arminillo

DestinyMan wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Speaking of new characters, I wonder if each one will have their own CG trailer. So far the first four have each had one dedicated to themselves, but is that going to be the case for all? Or is it going to be like Brawl where some were grouped together in a trailer (Pit, Meta Knight, Wario), and others get no major introduction (Olimar, R.O.B., Ike) whatsoever? I guess it'll depend on the number of newcomers and the rate of announcements for them in the coming months.

This reminds me of a quote Sakurai said in an interview in which the cutscenes like the ones for Mega Man and Villager would be "viewable right at the beginning" of the game. I think for veterans like Donkey Kong and Pit, Sakurai will keep their movies a secret until the games are released. We didn't get to see movies of Olimar, Peach, Luigi, Toon Link, Sonic, and Marth.

I think i'm missing Subspace Emissary already...

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

JetForceSetGrind

I'm iffy on the second image cause it looks zoomed in...but seems that Rosalina might be a heavy and Bowser's height.

Untitled

JetForceSetGrind

Snagrio

I have two guesses if a veteran character is going to be shown before the end of the year. Either Zelda for when Japan gets ALBW, or the Ice Climbers for the winter holidays (Japan doesn't have Christmas I imagine).

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

JetForceSetGrind

WingedSnagret wrote:

I have two guesses if a veteran character is going to be shown before the end of the year. Either Zelda for when Japan gets ALBW, or the Ice Climbers for the winter holidays (Japan doesn't have Christmas I imagine).

They do sorta, close friends and co-workers sometimes exchange gifts. KFC also takes reservations around Japanese Christmas-time.

I expect Zelda on Boxing Day far more.

Edited on by JetForceSetGrind

JetForceSetGrind

Blast

Rosaline sounds a little overpowered to me and could become a huge threat....
I plan on taking her out first when I fight people online

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Romeo

i'll never understand people who are talking about balance before the game is even released
that makes absolutely no sense

she could just as well be completely useless

Romeo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic