Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Thread

Posts 3,361 to 3,380 of 28,771

BandG

Totally called this. Spring release makes a lot of sense, and i knew the Wii U version would be released first. Can't wait!

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

LeVideoGamer

Would be awesome if it's ready by Spring, but I highly doubt it.

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/vgm/4237975235.html
Wii U owners in London, please check it out!

Blast

Yeah! Releasing this game before the 3DS version is INCREDIBLY smart. What are you guys guesses for when Mario Kart 8 is gonna release? That has to be nearly finished by now.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CThrash13

Blastoise-san wrote:

Yeah! Releasing this game before the 3DS version is INCREDIBLY smart. What are you guys guesses for when Mario Kart 8 is gonna release? That has to be nearly finished by now.

March or April 2014 is my guess. Supposedly, someone from Nintendo Germany said today that both MK8 and Smash Bros. is coming spring 2014. I'll wait for official confirmation, but I can see it happening.

CThrash13

Twitter:

Snagrio

TheGreatGamer wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

@Jazzer: Who is this Fakesch guy? Is he is a Nintendo rep or something?

I'm skeptical of any rumor that claims Super Smash Bros. will release before next Fall. However, just to toy around with the possibility, I would be pleasantly shocked if they did release next Spring. However, I would then be a little concerned that the games would be rather small in content compared to Brawl.

Didn't the new super smash bros get announced at 2011?

It was announced in 2011, but didn't start development till 2012 after Kid Icarus: Uprising was released.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

DreamyViridi

I would not be surprised if that date changes to Winter or later. To compare though, how long was Brawl's development process?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Blast

I really hope Nintendo advertises every huge 2014 Wii U game like crazy. Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. U, Bayonetta 2, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Monolith's X, Yarn Yoshi U, Shigeru Miyamoto's new IP for Wii U, and anything else they have planned all deserve incredible advertising. I don't care if I see a tv spot for Bayonetta 2 occur like 70 times through various media. I want Nintendo to advertise these amazing games until we start to get annoyed with seeing so many.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Happy_Mask

DreamyViridi wrote:

I would not be surprised if that date changes to Winter or later. To compare though, how long was Brawl's development process?

not comparable, larger Dev team this time around.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Snagrio

DestinyMan wrote:

@DreamyViridi: Brawl's development was four years, from 2005 to 2008.

Namco-Bandai did give Sakurai and HAL a boost. Before they came to help, Sakurai was talking about these games taking at least 5 years!

The real question is, just how big of a team did N-B send to assist in development? If it's a substantial number of extra hands I can see spring of next year being feasible. But otherwise I just can't see that release time being possible unless the game was severely underdeveloped, and knowing Sakurai's high standards of perfection that (thankfully) wouldn't happen.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

WebHead

SSB coming out in the Spring...I'll believe that when I see it. MK8 I see though.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

kkslider5552000

Smash Bros. is clearly their big holiday title next year (and a better one than 3D World because they don't rely on it every year HINT HINT), I'd be surprised at anything else.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

ThePirateCaptain

Well there were rumors before this that said the games would release in May. Part of me thinks it would be great, while another parts of me thinks it might be a mistake. As great as it would be to get the game so soon, I'm worried that it might not be as polished and live up to the hype. If it does release in the spring, I could see it having less content than people expect and maybe less characters, but who knows, I could be wrong and the game could come out next Winter as well.

VISIT MY NEW BLOG 16-Bit Heaven.
Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Nintendaholic

i would love for it to come out soon but i completely agree with pancakes.

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

SCRAPPER392

They won't release a game until they think it's good to go. If it comes out in spring, then I guess it's finished. We'll just have to see, but I don't think it will be released that early, honestly.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

WebHead

CapnPancakes wrote:

Well there were rumors before this that said the games would release in May. Part of me thinks it would be great, while another parts of me thinks it might be a mistake. As great as it would be to get the game so soon, I'm worried that it might not be as polished and live up to the hype. If it does release in the spring, I could see it having less content than people expect and maybe less characters, but who knows, I could be wrong and the game could come out next Winter as well.

I agree. I want it to come out next year and coming within the next 6 months would be great. At the same time, I want it to come when it's ready as well. Don't rush SSB just to fill the first half Nintendo.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Jazzer94

DestinyMan wrote:

Super Smash Bros. is the absolute last game I want Nintendo to rush. I would rather have the game take until next November to have content comparable to Brawl than get the games in late Spring and end up getting games that are light. Super Smash Bros. is meant to be big and meant to be played for years and years to come.

I don't think Sakurai would ever let the game be rushed the guys a perfectionist.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Blur_Escalation

There's a rumor that Super Smash Bros 4 is getting a release date on a Nintendo Direct in January.
It's a rumor so I just let it be a rumor and don't post any links to that. A few gaming websites mentioned it though.

Blur_Escalation

Jazzer94

DestinyMan wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Super Smash Bros. is the absolute last game I want Nintendo to rush. I would rather have the game take until next November to have content comparable to Brawl than get the games in late Spring and end up getting games that are light. Super Smash Bros. is meant to be big and meant to be played for years and years to come.

I don't think Sakurai would ever let the game be rushed the guys a perfectionist.

Exactly;another reason why I don't think it would be rushed. He's not the president like Iwata, but he is the director and he himself puts a lot of responsibility on his shoulders. I'm also sure he remembers the complaints from Brawl about some of the characters' movesets like Meta Knight and hopes to remedy that this time.

Going by his messages that coincide with the pic of the day I think he has taken a lot of the criticism about Brawl on board.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

WebHead

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

There's a rumor that Super Smash Bros 4 is getting a release date on a Nintendo Direct in January.
It's a rumor so I just let it be a rumor and don't post any links to that. A few gaming websites mentioned it though.

Source to rumor?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Blur_Escalation

WebHead wrote:

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

There's a rumor that Super Smash Bros 4 is getting a release date on a Nintendo Direct in January.
It's a rumor so I just let it be a rumor and don't post any links to that. A few gaming websites mentioned it though.

Source to rumor?

I have problems to find the correct links.. It always gets me to another website. This one is the only link working(translated with google):
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=h...
(It's the last break. Translation is correct.)
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=h...
(At "Update:" )

I'll post the others when they work properly. :3

Edited on by Blur_Escalation

Blur_Escalation

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic