Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,361 to 3,380 of 27,917

BandG

Yeah I still totally believe that the German guy had a slip of the tongue, and it actually is releasing in may, as the calendar says. I mean (like SCAR392 said) it's very possible that the reason why they haven't sent out the Platinum and Gold rewards yet, is because the calendar gives away Smash Bros. release date. Maybe they were waiting for around January to ship them because of the supposed "huge" Nintendo Direct rumored in it. It would make sense since they did a similar thing last year. Also if it came out in May, that would only be three months less than Brawl's development time. (this would be 27 months, Brawl was 30) Wouldn't it make sense for this game to have a shorter development time with a much bigger team, which includes Namco-Bandai, and no Subspace? They also are releasing new information very fast now, everyday in fact...

Edited on by BandG

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

Happy_Mask

@DestinyMan
They did it differently with KIU though. They revealed enough content for people to actually think that was all there was to the game, then sakurai sneak attack. You can't really anticipate that kind of tactic every time though.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

cookiex

BandG wrote:

Also if it came out in May, that would only be three months less than Brawl's development time. (this would be 27 months, Brawl was 30)

Brawl was 27 months. From October 2005 to January 2008.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Jazzer94

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

I hate it when people ask for third-party characters.

Except Sonic, he was pretty cool.

Snake was a nice addition and a complete surprise and for me was more fun to play as then Sonic.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Snagrio

Assuming this does in fact release in May (which seems more believable by the day) I have two guesses. One is during the next super-big Direct there will be a new trailer up to the brim with new characters, or just a few thus taking the secretive Kid Icarus: Uprising route. In either case I'm willing to bet a release date will be announced soon.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Budda

Bigtime wrote:

Pretty sure it was confirmed by Nintendo not to be coming out in May.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/nintendo_confirms_th...

They just said that it was a misquotation in an interview.
You can't say from here if he didn't meant it like that. We could assume that they just want to hold back the release date until the next Nintendo direct in January or so, until they know for sure that the game is ready for spring. If not, they still can push the release date to summer or later.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Wheeler

CountWavula wrote:

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

I hate it when people ask for third-party characters.

Except Sonic, he was pretty cool.

Simon Belmont.

Yes. Just have the old school Simon Belmont.

Wheeler

Bigtime

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Bigtime wrote:

You can't say from here if he didn't meant it like that. We could assume that they just want to hold back the release date until the next Nintendo direct in January or so, until they know for sure that the game is ready for spring. If not, they still can push the release date to summer or later.

This is very true. I'm still gonna go with the assumption we will be seeing it in autumn. If it's any earlier then great but I'm not thinking it will be. Plus the longer they take, the better it will be.

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

GamecubeMan

Dark-Luigi wrote:

In fact, I want a Mr.L alternative costume for Luigi please. :3

This. Mr. L is arguable one of the best costume designs Luigi has ever had.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Budda

Bigtime wrote:

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Bigtime wrote:

This is very true. I'm still gonna go with the assumption we will be seeing it in autumn. If it's any earlier then great but I'm not thinking it will be. Plus the longer they take, the better it will be.

Not necessarily. The longer time they have got with the game, the more mistakes they can make.
Either way. Sakurai won't publish this game unfinished, that's for sure. We don't have to worry about a unfinished game, if it get released surprisingly early.
I still think Nintendo don't want the Brawl situation again where the fans had to wait for like ages.
They maybe want to announce the release date short before actual release. So the May release is "plausible". ^^

Snagrio

OdnetninAges wrote:

Am I the only one that still thinks the game(s) will come out in November or December next year?

I sort of am. The way I see it now, they could release it in May. Though even if Nintendo officially comes out and says it's coming out in spring I'll remain skeptical and expect delays.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SCRAPPER392

I'm going with what the calender says... It IS in print.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Budda

We could ask the question in what order the 3DS and Wii U versions will be released.
Both, as we know, will have different release dates.

Since we have a very few 3DS screenshots, it seems like the 3DS will be released later because they have no material to show off yet.
And if you ask me, the 3DS version looks pretty unfinished compared to the Wii U version.

I expect the Wii U version about summer and 3DS winter.
I just have that feeling. Wii U - Summer; 3DS - Winter.. I don't know why! ^^

Edited on by Budda

DreamyViridi

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

We could ask the question in what order the 3DS and Wii U versions will be released.
Both, as we know, will have different release dates.

Since we have a very few 3DS screenshots, it seems like the 3DS will be released later because they have no material to show off yet.
And if you ask me, the 3DS version looks pretty unfinished compared to the Wii U version.

I expect the Wii U version about summer and 3DS winter.
I just have that feeling. Wii U - Summer; 3DS - Winter.. I don't know why! ^^

Well, you do have rather logical reasoning. I expect delays myself but I'm not worried about the game itself as, like many people have said before, Sakurai doesn't like releasing an unfinished game.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

SCRAPPER392

So in otherwords, don't believe the calender that Nintendo distributed?

Not trolling or anything. I just don't think Nintendo would release a calender with a very specific date, if it wasn't true. Ya, I guess it's still possible for there to be a delay, but as of now, that's the official release date for at least one version. Besides, I think that they only said they MIGHT be different dates for each version. How are they going to release one version before the other if they both have the same characters? Having one released on a different date would spoil parts of the other version, probably.

Qwest

Budda

SCAR392 wrote:

So in otherwords, don't believe the calender that Nintendo distributed?

Not trolling or anything. I just don't think Nintendo would release a calender with a very specific date, if it wasn't true. Ya, I guess it's still possible for there to be a delay, but as of now, that's the official release date for at least one version. Besides, I think that they only said they MIGHT be different dates for each version. How are they going to release one version before the other if they both have the same characters? Having one released on a different date would spoil parts of the other version, probably.

I would really want to believe that the calendar is a real hint to a release date, but just look at Mario Kart 8 picture of it on the November(I guess) page. It just may be a calendar of the greatest Wii U titles and they put them randomly on each month.
There is more than the same character on each console. They could need some more time for the 3DS version because the Wii U had an higher priority .. or something. Could be the other way around, who knows?

SCRAPPER392

Ya, I just saw the calender. It doesn't confirm anything. No one told me it was just popular games on whichever month...

All I saw was SSB. as May, and I guessed May 5th since there was a 5. I wasn't aware of how the calender was setup.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic