Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 27,917

Snagrio

@2Sang Why not make your final judgement when the game(s) comes out?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

MegaStoneSmash91

Alright, so Assist Trophies are back. Excellent news! Not to mention the fact that not only did Sakurai confirm them, but he did so with a new one! Skull Kid looks great in HD and I can't wait to see what he does. Now at least all the people wanting him playable have some closure.

Also, I found it funny that Sakurai made it very clear he wasn't a new fighter, but an Assist Trophy. He knew what he was doing.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

JoyBoy

Wow, he looks too nice to be just an assist trophy. Now I wish he was a playable character

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Bigtime

I very nearly flipped out with excitement. Damn.

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

Romeo

oh man... NO!
why not a playable character? i was so happy when i saw the picture

if he's an assist trophy... then it's impossible for him to get introduced as a playable character, right?

REALLY disappointed...

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

WrappedInBlack

Who thought Assists would actually be cut? If anyone did... go sit in the corner and think about your life

Brawl Code: 0348-2005-6973

Wheeler

What new Assist Trophies awaits.

Wheeler

SheldonRandoms

Little Mac better not be an assist trophy this time.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Orngeblu

Swiket wrote:

Untitled
Majora's Mask remake confirmed.

(it's an assist trophy btw)

Wow, look great in HD. Pretty interesting reveal, even if it is an assist trophy.

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Romeo

so now we're not allowed to be disappointed that he's not a playable character?
it's how we feel and we're allowed to share our opinions on this topic

and why should i be glad that he's in the game as an assist trophy? that's not what i wanted, so i'm not happy

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

Orngeblu

DestinyMan wrote:

So many people are complaining about Skull Kid not being playable that it's getting a little irritating. Just be glad that he's in the game, period. That's how I would feel if Kat & Ana and King K. Rool were revealed to only be assist trophies. Little Mac is the exception; he really should be playable.

Fan boys will be fan boys.

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

SCRAPPER392

Skull Kid wouldn't really be considered popular enough to be a playable character. The only other character from the Zelda series that I think they should add is probably Tingle. Zelda and Link will ALWAYS be reps for the Zelda series. I think Ganondorf could be replaced or altered if they really think he should be. Shiek is basically gone from the series, too. Being only in 1 Zelda game ever, I don't see how Zelda's alter form fits in anymore. That's just me, though.

I definitely think Little Mac should be playable, though. He's had more games than Ice Climbers and his games are in the fighting genre. As for anyone else, I really couldn't guess 100%, but I can assure you that Skull Kid not being playable isn't surprising for alot, if not most of us.

EDIT: NVM what I said about Ganondorf. As long as he has his "swine" fimal smash, most of the Demise ego is there besides Vaati. All those evil entities derive from 1 entity.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

LzWinky

Romeo wrote:

so now we're not allowed to be disappointed that he's not a playable character?
it's how we feel and we're allowed to share our opinions on this topic

and why should i be glad that he's in the game as an assist trophy? that's not what i wanted, so i'm not happy

Even if he was a character, I doubt they could come up with a move set for him. He just didn't really do anything in Majora's Mask

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MegaStoneSmash91

I'm perfectly fine with him being an Assist Trophy. Seeing him will be that much more enjoyable since he'll only appear now and then, and he'll likely bring the moon along for the ride! I'm also glad to see some more Majora's Mask representation in Smash. Brawl had vitually nothing relating to the game compared to Melee.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

OdnetninAges

DestinyMan wrote:

What new assist trophies do you think could work in this game?
Here's just a few I've thought up:
Mega Man- Proto Man
Sonic- Tails (unless Shadow comes back)
Mario- Rosalina
I also wonder if some of the assist trophies from Brawl will come back. I would like to see Kat & Ana and Waluigi again, if the former can't be playable that is.

Actually, I agree with every character you just said.

I would rather have Tails be the assist than Shadow, though.

I'd like to see Resseti return, too. That crazy ol' mole.

Hmm... How about Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western, or Mallow from Pushmo and Crashmo?

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Snagrio

OdnetninAges wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Mega Man- Proto Man
Mario- Rosalina
I also wonder if some of the assist trophies from Brawl will come back. I would like to see Kat & Ana and Waluigi again, if the former can't be playable that is.

Actually, I agree with every character you just said.

I would rather have Tails be the assist than Shadow, though.

I'd like to see Resseti return, too. That crazy ol' mole.

Hmm... How about Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western, or Mallow from Pushmo and Crashmo?

Actually if given the choice I'd rather have Dillon as playable. For one thing he's from a new IP, plus he could represent the eShop. The downside is his moveset would be similar to Sonic's.

A Push/Crashmo stage would be cool though.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Wheeler

DestinyMan wrote:

Mega Man- Proto Man
Mario- Rosalina

Rikki - Xenoblade.

Wheeler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic