Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 321 to 340 of 27,917

turtlelink

I'd like to see some sort of tag team mechanic in the fourth game.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Snagrio

shinpichu wrote:

Characters I want:
King K. Rool
Ridley
Saki
Little Mac
Bandana Dee
Black Shadow
Takamaru
Megaman

Random tripping should be gone. Game should be faster, though not necessarily Melee speed. Either bring back Manual L-canceling or make it "automatic". Make airdodges limited again.

This shouldn't be Melee 2 or Brawl 2, it should be its own game with mostly unique mechanics.

As for SSE, I have a few suggestions:
-"remake" the original story, with new characters incorporated.
-minimize the number of original characters. Mooks should be mostly drawn from Nintendo franchises
-Bring in the Space Pirates. This is a MUST for my next suggestion to work.
-Have Metroid Prime-esque "logs" that can be found in various computers(maybe even in Space Pirate bases) in the adventure that give details on the plot and backstory. This would eliminate the need for the need for external materials like this: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea17.html
-More chapters to serve as "prologues" to the original story. Explain things like what Marth was doing in that Ruined Castle.
-Have areas based on the various franchises.
-Have more varied levels, drawing inspiration from the series represented. For example, Snake and ZSS could have stealth missions.

I'm all for broadening the story mode. I really hope they give it more plot points. And even better, have at least some script, maye even some voice acting! I thought it was rather annoying that nobody talked (barring moments when come would say a battle cry like Ness and Ike).

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

LyIa

I'd like the game to be faster like Melee, less floatiness, faster falling... No wavedashes, no unrealistically fast ways to beat the opponent. Hell no.

And balancing. I hate going online and getting in an uneven matchup.
Tripping is funny, but only when it's actually logical; like when there's an unseen banana peel or it happens to someone who tries to move like a crazy idiot.

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings πŸ‘‘

Snagrio

Sylverstone wrote:

I wonder if we'll hear any new news on Smash Bros. soon. I'd bet for a nice blowout at E3 2013.

I am 100% sure that there is going to be a teaser trailer at E3. Maybe even earlier then that, who knows...

Snagrio

LyIa

WingedFish wrote:

Sylverstone wrote:

I wonder if we'll hear any new news on Smash Bros. soon. I'd bet for a nice blowout at E3 2013.

I am 100% sure that there is going to be a teaser trailer at E3. Maybe even earlier then that, who knows...

Don't hate me for this, but I have never seen an E3 ever in my life. I know what it is, but I never watch videos or read stuff about it.

all men are kings πŸ‘‘

Snagrio

Aha, so this is the other roster Wii U thread. Guess the name just confused me. Anyway, I deleted the other one since TBD rightfully blocked it.

Snagrio

Neoproteus

No more subspace emissary. I think each individual character should have thier own story to reflect the plot from thier own series. Mario would fight through random enemies to face Bowser, Link would be trying to rescue Zelda by fighting though Dark Link, Dark Zelda, and Ganon himself as the final boss, Samus would fight Metroids and Ridley, just as long as for every one you have some crossover and Master Hand is the final boss.

The Smash Ball needs to be reworked. Instead of it showing up randomly like any other item, I'd like to see it's appearance tied to the character. Maybe it will only show up when all of your opponents are above 100%. It would also be kind of cool if your opponent could smash YOUR smash ball off the screen, possibly causing you to die on the spot.

The coin launcher was really lame. I'd like to see a Pinball minigame implemented though. Mario has already been a ball, you could use Navi for the Zelda series, Samus could go into morph ball, Kirby is already a ball, and Pokemon could go in thier Pokeballs. Each series could even have thier own table, or just do a table for certain smash bros stages. Seems to fit more than a coin launcher or a slot machine.

Items that aren't all that fun for either party should be removed, the Cracker Launcher being the most obvious example.

Each character should have thier own target test like in Melee. That way, there's a bit of a practice stage to get used to your character's abilities.

Stock should be the default for multiplayer battles instead of Timed.

Just to mock Playstation All Stars, they should release a version of Coin Mode where a certain amount of coins will give you a final smash, and a lakitu will save you from falling off of any stage if you were knocked off by anything other than a final smash.

Neoproteus

LyIa

I think you there should still be SSE, but without all the character changing.
Oh, and as you progress through the story, characters who join the party tag along as an AI, and for co-op, your partner gets to pick their character too.

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings πŸ‘‘

Snagrio

Why does the SSE get some much hate? Granted it wasn't the best story mode ever, but I liked it. Of course, there is plenty of room for improvement on the feature.

Snagrio

Final-Starman

EarthBound Needs more characters to represent the series. I was thinking that Ninten,Poo,Paula,Kumatora, and "The Masked Man"
NEED to be in SSB4
(first post! woohoo!)

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recent...

Happy_Mask

@Final-Starman Welcome!
Don't even think about making a thread about Mother remakes though. >:[
@NeoProteus the smash ball is meant to cause a gigantic clamor for victory, and isn't like most fighting game finishers. They should either ditch it, or keep it the way it is.
Not everyone likes pinball/is good at it.
Agree on the target test thing. (although multiple tests for each character would be nice)
And the LAST thing we need is more "similarities" between the Sony Totally Not Smash Bros and Super Smash Bros.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Final-Starman

[quote=Happy_Mask]@Final-Starman Welcome!
[sub]Don't even think about making a thread about Mother remakes though. >:[ [quote]
You Thought I was Going to plaster EarthBound Everywhere? I only Chose Final Starman Because It was my favorite Starman. and I won't go EarthBound crazy I Assure You. I have Starmen.net For that!

Edited on by Final-Starman

Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recent...

Happy_Mask

Good. A good portion of the overly obsessive earthbound fans get eaten by drag- I mean, disappear. >:3

Final-Starman

Happy_Mask wrote:

Good. A good portion of the overly obsessive earthbound fans get eaten by drag- I mean, disappear. >:3

They get Eaten by Dragos? I thought that they were peaceful! (coughmother3referencecough)

Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recent...

Happy_Mask

And then two members of a happy family get killed by a cyborg dinosaur. :3

Final-Starman

Happy_Mask wrote:

And then two members of a happy family get killed by a cyborg dinosaur. :3

The End. :3

Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recent...

Happy_Mask

You forgot the part where the spoilers

• world ends, and the main villain survives. >:3

Edited on by Happy_Mask

Final-Starman

Happy_Mask wrote:

You forgot the part where the spoilers world ends, and the main villain survives. >:3

Damn it! You Spoiled Mother 3 For me!
Just Kidding! Seriously, put it in a better spoiler. m'kay? (hate that bastard Porky Minch.)

Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recent...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic