Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,181 to 3,200 of 27,917

Happy_Mask

Mickey wrote:

Because some characters just don't belong in the same series that turned a Bounty Hunter (who, as far as us gamers knew, only knew how to shoot a blaster) into a Fire-Punching Brawler.

Don't even sarcastically joke about Douglas Falcon. He'll find you. u_u

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

e-love

I think it's time they revealed a new character or stage o:

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

KingDunsparce

So... apparently Reggie said that Sakurai might consider putting him in the game if a petition reached 100,000 signatures...
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/04/reggie-says-sakurai-migh...
MY BODY IS READY SLAM does sound pretty amazing...

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

2Sang

So far no story mode, clones are so far still existent, and the game looks decent at best. I hate what Nintendo's doing to Sakurai. They aren't giving him the time or resources he needs to make his usual masterpiece. They are destroying the quality of the wii Us best system seller. If I were Nintendo, I'd send Sakurai at least another dozen full-time employees for coding and designing, another composer (to make up for what looks like will be a lack of content for a smash bros series game), and several extra employees to create dialogue and text for game details.
Nintendo doesn't realize how important this game is to the Wii U and the short-term future of their company. This is more than a game, this is whether the WIi U goes down as the biggest blunder outside the virtual boy, or whether it's a respectable console.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

MegaStoneSmash91

@Emaan: The Mario Galaxy stage was just revealed recently, as well as a few characters in the last few months. There's still plenty of time, and they can't exactly make reveals too frequent. Seems most people want a new character to be announced every week these days.

@2Sang: Clones may still exist as of now (Toon Link being the only known one), but there's nothing that says changes can't be made. Sakurai has made multiple comments on the pic of the days to reflect that. I for one think this entry in the series is looking fantastic, but basing the Wii U's success on the release of a single game doesn't seem right. It could become the best game on the system, but if it falls short even a bit, I doubt it will have a major impact on the Wii U itself.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

MegaStoneSmash91

Launching and/or riding a Gyroid? He can already bury characters in the ground, plant and cut down trees, and steal projectiles for his own use. What can't he do? Villager is definitely turning out to be quite a unique character. Can't wait to take him for a spin.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

KingDunsparce

DestinyMan wrote:

@CaptainCharlie: Sorry to burst your bubble, but Reggie was joking when he said that. Just read NL's article about Reggie saying that Nintendo doesn't let petitions influence their decisions.

Yeah, I know (plus, it says that in the article). You have to admit that it would be pretty funny though.

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

zoroarkrules25

DestinyMan wrote:

@CaptainCharlie: Sorry to burst your bubble, but Reggie was joking when he said that. Just read NL's article about Reggie saying that Nintendo doesn't let petitions influence their decisions.

While it is very unlikely, I wouldn't put it past them, to add him. I would buy the game instantly for that reason alone. They could even get a lot more attention to the game as well. It seems petitions do a little bit to affect decision but not a deal breaker though. You never know though.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Captain_Balko

Man, Villager just keeps getting better and better. As of now, he's the first character I'm going to try, and will probably be my main (unless I absolutely hate playing as him for some reason)... Well, actually, it's probably too early to tell, since only three newcomers were announced as of now, but we'll see what happens.

Captain_Balko

Snagrio

I've said this before, and I'll say again. Reggie can in fact be in Smash Bros. while still making sense. The solution?
Untitled

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Wheeler

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"The Villager's special attack, the Lloid Rocket, is a projectile weapon like no other--you can either launch it or ride on it. When you fire it off, keep pressing the button to hop aboard--you can even control its speed. It's more powerful when you're riding it."
The original pic with the Lloid Rocket.
Untitled

Because of no more copying image urls on Miiverse, I had to use the daily image on the Smash Bros. website. Just wait for the image to change until I find a permanent image.

Two recovery moves, eh. Not bad.

Wheeler

Blast

I plan on cutting down the Villager with Link

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

mamp

"The Villager's special attack, the Lloid Rocket, is a projectile weapon like no other--you can either launch it or ride on it. When you fire it off, keep pressing the button to hop aboard--you can even control its speed. It's more powerful when you're riding it."
LOL that's what she said

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

2Sang

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
The original pic with the Lloid Rocket.
Untitled
This and megaman so far are the only good things to come out so far for ssb4, but boy do they make up for it. Villager in particular is very unique so far and fits in perfectly without being too much of a stretch cough*Wii fit trainer*cough
I just hope megaman isn't too overpowered. I guess same goes for villager, but he'll be a force no matter what, just look at the olimar fans that have made him tough to beat.
Because of no more copying image urls on Miiverse, I had to use the daily image on the Smash Bros. website. Just wait for the image to change until I find a permanent image.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

Nintendaholic

@2Sang i for one barely liked the story mode to begin with other than the cut scenes and im sure this is the case for many others. so i dont think its going to be missed. if you think about it i still think there is a ton we have not heard about and i think they might come up with something better to take the stories place. and with a really smooth online, this could easily be the best in the series! and remember, namco bundai is helping with this too so i am sure he has plenty of help over there.

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

Caryslan

I like the Roster so far.... I really hope Ike and Wolf come back in SSB4..... It would be fun to have them go up against the newcomers.

Caryslan

OdnetninAges

Personally, I'm a bit worried about Wario and Wolf not returning. I like playing as them in Brawl. It's entirely possible they could get cut, especially since they first appeared in Brawl. Even more so for Wolf, since he had similar moves to Fox and Falco.

Then again, Toon Link and Sonic (two others I like a lot) got confirmed, and it surprised me a lot, so I still have hope.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Snagrio

OdnetninAges wrote:

Personally, I'm a bit worried about Wario and Wolf not returning. I like playing as them in Brawl. It's entirely possible they could get cut, especially since they first appeared in Brawl. Even more so for Wolf, since he had similar moves to Fox and Falco.

Then again, Toon Link and Sonic (two others I like a lot) got confirmed, and it surprised me a lot, so I still have hope.

I think Wario should be fine. He's the sole rep of WarioWare plus a unique character and fan favorite. I have my doubts for Wolf though. I'll be annoyed if Ike is cut when Toon Link gets to stay in any case.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

2Sang

Nintendaholic wrote:

@2Sang i for one barely liked the story mode to begin with other than the cut scenes and im sure this is the case for many others. so i dont think its going to be missed. if you think about it i still think there is a ton we have not heard about and i think they might come up with something better to take the stories place. and with a really smooth online, this could easily be the best in the series! and remember, namco bundai is helping with this too so i am sure he has plenty of help over there.

I hope you're right. Maybe it won't be so bad if they take that time spent on the story mode and make the roster incredibly balanced or add a significantly larger amount of content like trophies/stickers/etc.. I think without any cutscenes, it's going to be terrible though. Hopefully they add some cutscenes somewhere, because it's hard to connect to a character without one (I'm not counting their intro cutscenes from e3, but it's a nice start).

I'm not making any final judgements though until E3. We'll know then whether or not it's worth getting hyped about or even worth buying.

Nintendaholic

@2Sang i have been hyped since e3. i honestly have not been more excited for a game since skyward sword! its a smash bros game, what could go wrong?

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic