Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,161 to 3,180 of 27,917

Nintendaholic

^ i really hope they dont put wonder red in smash bros. i can only see him as a captain falcon clone.

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

Happy_Mask

Nintendaholic wrote:

^ i really hope they dont put wonder red in smash bros. i can only see him as a captain falcon clone.

3 things
1: His proportions are much more cartoony than the captain, and that practically guarantees it alone.
2: Have you played TW101? They could do an endless amount of things to make him unique.
3: I don't believe sakurai could really get away with making him a clone, as the new characters are the biggest topic amongst players, and they have a much larger team working on this entry.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

KingDunsparce

@Wonder_Mask I really want them to announce MMHD, so I can finally play it for the first time! I don't want to buy and start playing the old one just for them to announce the remake soon after!
Also, Wonder Red in Smash Bros. would be awesome! Hopefully he makes it in.

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Pootypie

this is the pic destiny man is talking about
Untitled

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

cookiex

^Cool. Back when Brawl came out I was wondering why they didn't make Mii's playable characters. Hope they do it this time.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Orngeblu

Common, where is the quote? I'm always too lazy to go on my Wii U, I'll just hunt it down somewhere here in the internet.

I never thought he'd make a stage out of the Save Mii game. I didn't finish Save Mii 2 because getting coins was tedious, and I hated it for that reason.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

SheldonRandoms

Untitled
"Pop quiz! Who is this monster, and where is it from? The cage may serve as a hint."

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Snagrio

I think Miis have a good chance of being playable. They are already a major integral part of Nintendo and all the hints in the latest screenshot are way too obvious with the cage being empty. And before you go off saying how dumb putting Miis in would be, I point you to WFT and Villager.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Snagrio

Also it's a loophole for Reggie to be in Smash Bros. u_u

Snagrio

DreamyViridi

For some reason I can't really explain, the idea of making Miis playable really doesn't jell well with me. I feel that game would be treated more and more like a joke to the point of being mere internet-meme fodder (looking at you, Reggie jokes, etc.!) and I'd hate that to happen! ...Though maybe I'm over exaggerating a bit. I guess the reason might be because whatever they can do, other Nintendo characters can do better. To use @DestinyMan's examples as an... well, example:

• Marth and both Links can sword fight
  • Little Mac is already a well-known boxer
  • Again, both Links use Bows
  • Jet-packs... actually, you got me there... ^^"

As for the Streetpass games, well the Mansion game is dumbed-down Luigi's Mansion but I won't nitpick the rest.
At the end of the day, if this does happen; I'll be annoyed for a couple of hours but I'd have to get over it.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Nintendaholic

i would love miis if you could pick your own movesets. to keep a mii from having crazy speed with high powered attacks, each move could have a certain number of points or something and you could only have a total of ten points. this would add a huge variety of different movesets! i just dont think a mii would be that cool any other way.

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

Happy_Mask

Well now we know what this month's character is.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

MegaStoneSmash91

Playing soccer on the wing of a plane? I'm surprised they still have the ball at all. Mega Man seems to be ignoring them.

Also, why the random reference to Mega Man Soccer? It almost seems like he made this pic just to say that. You puzzle me sometimes Sakurai...

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

zoroarkrules25

I think miis would be great to see. They have a variety of moves as pointed out already, and their history goes farther back then most know. They were originally going to be a game on n64 that was exactly like the mii plaza. They were planned to be the mascot but technology limited what they could do and the game wouldn't work properly, so they put off the idea. After this with every system they made they tried it again and finally the wii was the one that worked best, so they went with that. The miis have a very high chance and I really hope to see them this new stage looks awesome and it seems that the dark lord pic is a boss fight in adventure mode.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Orngeblu

I wonder if the Soccer Ball could work similar to Yoshi's egg throw recovery?

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

BandG

DestinyMan wrote:

I don't understand why someone would think Mii would be a bland character for the Smash Bros. series.

I Don't think they would be bland per se, but they would just be really generic, and unemotional, and really not that interesting...

Winged Snagret wrote:

And before you go off saying how dumb putting Miis in would be, I point you to WFT and Villager.

Are you saying they are dumb? Villager is the most obvious character to put in Smash 4 that isn't already in, and Wii Fit Trainer makes sense to represent that franchise.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

Snagrio

@BandG I'm not personally saying Villager and WFT are dumb, in fact I think they are great additions. What I meant was that other people think that those two aren't "worthy" to be in Smash Bros. for the same reasons some are against Miis being playable.

Snagrio

Mickey

Because some characters just don't belong in the same series that turned a Bounty Hunter (who, as far as us gamers knew, only knew how to shoot a blaster) into a Fire-Punching Brawler.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic