Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,121 to 3,140 of 27,917

Happy_Mask

Not sure if you guys are even supposed to be talking about modifying software, but at least have the courtesy to put the conversation in a SSBB thread.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Nintendaholic

brawls mechanics are terrible. i can only hope these games mechanics are more like melee

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

SomeBitTripFan

@WingedSnagret :

Things You'll Need:

2GB SD Card (or less)
A Wii (NTSC)
A Computer with an SD Card Slot
Super Smash Bros Brawl (NTSC)

Steps:
1. Take all self-created levels and put them on a separate SD Card (don't put them on your Wii or the SD Card you plan to run Project M from)
2. Insert an empty SD Card (2GB or less) into your computer
3. Download Project M 3.0 to the SD Card(Choose the version you want. There is a WiFi-Enabled version, but it has some differences. Read about both.)
4. Run Project M on the SD Card in your computer
5. Take the SD Card out and put it in your Wii
6. Turn on your Wii and start up Brawl
7. Go to Level Creator (Or whatever it's called)
8. Your TV will go crazy (don't panic)
9. Gecko OS will show up, select Run Game (or something like that)
10. Project M is now running!

Note: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PLAY BRAWL WITH A PROJECT M SD CARD INSERTED. IT WILL FREEZE YOUR WII AND MAKE A LOUD BUZZING SOUND! TURN OFF YOUR WII, TAKE OUT THE SD CARD, AND TURN YOUR WII BACK ON IF YOU WANT TO PLAY NORMAL BRAWL!

Note: I recommend transferring all Replays, Screenshots, and Levels to a separate SD Card. If you want to upgrade to the next version of Project M, it is easier to only keep it on that SD Card. I deleted so many things from my SD Card that I didn't mean to.

Note: You don't need Homebrew Channel.

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Wheeler

Suicune wrote:

But R.O.B shoots tops! They don't even do anything.

They inflict damage.

Wheeler

Orngeblu

WingedSnagret wrote:

Okay, how to I get Project M 3.0? I heard you need an SD card and a copy of Brawl, both of which I have, but do I need to download it from a computer onto the SD card then somehow play it on the Brawl disk or something like that?

EDIT: I just remember it doesn't come out till December 9th, but it'd still be nice to know beforehand.

Homebrew is NOT necessary to play Project: M. There is a hackless method (which is what I use). But, your wii needs to be NTSC, as PAL Wii's are not compatible with Project: M. Go to the site and download the "Hackless Wii ZIP (Either Full set or Wi-Fi set here)". If you want to play online, get the Wi-Fi set. It won't have any problems offline, either, you just won't be able to save replays.

After the download is finished, unzip the file and put all the contents onto your SD card. Before you put it in your Wii, make sure you delete ALL custom stages because you need to go to Stage Editor to boot up Project: M, and the levels somehow interfere. (Alternatively you can do this via replays, and not through stage editor) Pop it in your wii, boot up Brawl, go to stage editor and enjoy. c: If it freezes on you, though, just reset the Wii and keep trying. You'll likely have some trouble the first few tries.

This will, in no way corrupt your game or Wii.

It isn't that complicated once you get used to it.

Wonder_Mask wrote:

Not sure if you guys are even supposed to be talking about modifying software, but at least have the courtesy to put the conversation in a SSBB thread.

You've got to be kidding me. The last post in that thread is from 2009, it's dead. I doubt many people go there anymore.

But, you're probably right, because I got one of my posts deleted that had to do with P:M. Just wanna help this guy out, is all. If they delete our posts again, so be it.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Nintendaholic

just got project m today! really hope that the new game is like this

Snagrio

So will P:M only work on a Wii? Because I play Brawl on my Wii U. Though I do have a Wii, annd will probably use it anyway just to be 100% safe.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

KingDunsparce

WingedSnagret wrote:

So will P:M only work on a Wii? Because I play Brawl on my Wii U. Though I do have a Wii, annd will probably use it anyway just to be 100% safe.

Yeah, use your Wii.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

SomeBitTripFan

@WingedSnagret: It can run, but supposedly the Wii U sometimes deletes the files. The Wii is a better option.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Nintendaholic

i played mine on wii u and works perfectly fine

GamecubeMan

Anyone watch the new Gamexplain analysis video? They went on for a half an hour on just Smash Bros. Pretty good stuff. Anyway one detail I found pretty interesting is that they are theorizing that it will be easier to get KO'd because it takes less hit to do so this time around.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

^Damn. I've literally KO'd fools at 0-30%. Ganon dorf can basically meteor smash anyone at 0% and get a KO. There's 2 ways that could go.
Either attacks do a little more damage, or it's possible to KO people at a lower % even though they still take the same amount of damage(I'm guessing this). Sorry if that sounds confusing... Anyway, I'm sure it's all part of balancing of the characters.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Snagrio

@GamecubeMan I did. What caught my attention were the little details in the boxing ring stage that clearly were related to Punch Out. Previously I had written that stage off as a generic area, but it seems that hopefully might not be the case and also mean Little Mac has a high chance of being in the roster.

Snagrio

DreamyViridi

The boxing ring stage definitely takes inspiration from Punch Out. All of the tiny details that connect can't just be mere coincidences but remember, it's still a 'Smash Bros.' stage due to all of the Smash Bros. logos everywhere. It can make one wonder why they didn't just make it a flat out 'Punch Out' stage. So while Little Mac may have a chance, I wouldn't call it a high chance.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Jazzer94

GameXplain did I really great analysis on all the Smash Bros 4 info currently released [youtube:VrKDh8pFbQ0].

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Snagrio

@DreamyViridi Perhaps not a high chance then, but still more then if the stage was a blatant boxing ring with no nods to Punch Out whatsoever.

Snagrio

DreamyViridi

@WingedSnagret - Very true. Can't deny that and like I said, those Punch Out nods can't be mere coincidences. They're too specific to be!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic