Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,041 to 3,060 of 27,917

csoniccolors

So I was thinking that if they added a costume feature to the game (which seems likely after the reveal of the male Wii Fit trainer), that we could have a skin for Marth resembling the costume used in Fire Emblem Awakening. That is of course saying that the character from that game does not make it in.

csoniccolors

csoniccolors

GamecubeMan wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Untitled
Here's the pic so you don't have to spend more time going to the website. It's 3DS though

Nintendo needs to get a better 3DS screen shot camera because that probably looks amazing on the 3DS screen!

It's more so that the pixels on the 3DS get blown up when shown on a computer screen that supports many more pixels. It's pretty much unavoidable.

csoniccolors

Ungravitify

Blastoise-san wrote:

I just really wish Sakurai would announce Wonder Red and/or Bayonetta for this game. That would be freaking epic and I would be happy.
If Nintendo actually bought out Platinum Games... I would cry tears of joy.

You mean WONDERFUL tears of joy my friend.

3ds Friend code : 1504 6894 9383
Name: Rave

Romeo

"to ensure it doesn't look like a real gun"
sigh..........

because that's clearly what you need to pay extra attention/time to, that's clearly what matters
not balance or anything like that

sometimes i wonder if they're just trolling us

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

Late

@Romeo: Do you really think that making an item takes so much time out of everything else? Not everyone was working on that same gun at the same time. Some of them are constantly trying to find the perfect balance while others do different things.

I'm glad they're showing some items too although I think the Ray Gun had better design in Brawl.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Romeo

that's not the problem i have with it
"to ensure it doesn't look like a real gun"

that's my problem. every 6 year old has seen gungs (+ plays with gun-toys), has seen blood/death in movies, etc.
and Nintendo goes out of their way to ensure that an ingame weapon/gun doesn't look like a gun

really.. who cares? the ressources/time they spend on "protecting the children" and ensuring that this game is playable for 2year olds.. should instead be used for making sure that this game is balanced really well for the competitive players

i'm not saying i want blood/death in Super Smash Bros... that's not what this game is all about, i just want them to get their priorities straight

there's a reason im so hard on nintendo when it comes to Super Smash Bros.
games like Zelda, Mario, etc... they always give us perfect games... i don't have to worry about anything most of the time

but Super Smash Bros. is one of the few (maybe the only) Nintendo games which can be played on a competitive level. What's important for competitive games? Online multiplayer of course

Nintendo has never been good when it comes to online multiplayer or online features...
they won't let us chat/talk with each other.. add friends or anything like that... their online servers are usually horrible (most of the time), and they won't accept the fact that people like playing Smash Bros. competitively
so they dumb down the game.... so we focus on having fun instead of playing it competitively (even though that's exactly what's so fun about it)...

on top of that they want to protect the children (because appearantly it's their job and not the parent's job... and parental controls aren't enough?!) and therefore we don't get ingame chat, friendlists, teamspeak-like programs, etc.... because we could be pedophiles and other shi*.. lol

and they think we really care and applaud when they managed to make an ingame gun not look like a gun at all? like that's an accomplishment and we should be grateful

• there are also swords and other stuff in this game, why even bother?
  • Sakurai wants to balance the game by himself.. even though he could just ask for help from Namco
    (he even admitted that he's not trying to fully balance it)

im probably looking forward to smash bros. more than anyone else here.. and that's exactly the reason why im so worried and hard on nintendo when it comes to this game
i want good online-multiplayer + online features... i want them to stop dumbing down the game for the casual noobs out there.. and i want them to focus on balancing this game for the competitive players instead of wasting time on making sure that an ingame gun doesn't look like a gun

but im really looking forward to this game... i'm just worried, that's all

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

Budda

They had problems implementing Snake with real guns, so they gave him explosives only.
Don't forget. This game is for kids exporting to different countries etc. They have to generalise this game.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Pootypie

DestinyMan wrote:

Here is how the ray gun looked throughout the series.
Super Smash Bros.
Untitled
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Untitled
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Untitled
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Untitled
Whoa, that is a radical change.

that's obviously the best one (last one)

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

DestinyMan wrote:

Here is how the ray gun looked throughout the series.
Super Smash Bros.
Untitled
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Untitled
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Untitled
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Untitled
Whoa, that is a radical change.

that's obviously the best one (last one)

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Romeo

Oo
3 is obviously the best one

4 looks like a fu***** scanner

Romeo

Pootypie

Romeo wrote:

Oo
3 is obviously the best one

4 looks like a fu***** scanner

oh romeo, you just lost juliet with your words romeo

Pootypie

Pit-Stain

Am I the only one who liked that new design? Everyone is complaining about it in Miiverse.

Pit-Stain

Romeo

no, you're not the only one... there are others who like that design, but im certainly not one of them

brawl version looks cool, but appearantly that's too "hardcore"/violent for nintendo nowadays... so we'll have to use a scanner or rather a blow-dryer (like DestinyMan already said) this time around
that's just great! /s

Romeo

Caryslan

Honestly, people are up in arms over the look of the Ray Gun? It kinda looks like those old ray guns that were in the space Lego Sets from the 90s or old cheesy sci-fi movies. And I want to say this much, like it or not Nintendo has an image to uphold. Yes, they may go insane with it sometimes, but imagine the headlines if Snake had his guns in Brawl and was shooting Pikachu or Kirby. While people don't look twice when Nathan Drake or Radec shoot Parappa in PSBAR with real guns, Nintendo is often held to a different standard from other studios. If you had even one character in a Smash game packing heat, it would look bad.

I like the new Ray Gun Design. It has that old-school sci-fi movie look to it. I never liked how it looked in Brawl. And I can see Sakurai's point, from a distance in the chaos of playing smash Brawl's Ray Gun does kinda look like a normal gun. Granted, once you pick it up and use it, its clear what it really is. But given many people who start things with Video Games never play them, imagine the thought that runs through a parent's head as they are walking by the TV screen and see the Brawl Ray gun laying on the stage.

Yes, it seems excessive, but Nintendo has built their image on family fun. Besides, the SSB4 version has a good look.

I would be more worried about the balance of the weapon in this game. In Brawl it was far too easy to knock heavyweights like Ganondorf off the stage with the Ray Gun and carry them off the screen or far enough where their recovery would not work.

instead of the look, maybe everyone should be worried about the weapon's balance. It was overpowered in Brawl.

Edited on by Caryslan

Caryslan

zoroarkrules25

Pit-Stain wrote:

Am I the only one who liked that new design? Everyone is complaining about it in Miiverse.

I think this is the best one yet.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Romeo

Caryslan wrote:

Honestly, people are up in arms over the look of the Ray Gun? It kinda looks like those old ray guns that were in the space Lego Sets from the 90s or old cheesy sci-fi movies. And I want to say this much, like it or not Nintendo has an image to uphold. Yes, they may go insane with it sometimes, but imagine the headlines if Snake had his guns in Brawl and was shooting Pikachu or Kirby. While people don't look twice when Nathan Drake or Radec shoot Parappa in PSBAR with real guns, Nintendo is often held to a different standard from other studios. If you had even one character in a Smash game packing heat, it would look bad.

I like the new Ray Gun Design. It has that old-school sci-fi movie look to it. I never liked how it looked in Brawl. And I can see Sakurai's point, from a distance in the chaos of playing smash Brawl's Ray Gun does kinda look like a normal gun. Granted, once you pick it up and use it, its clear what it really is. But given many people who start things with Video Games never play them, imagine the thought that runs through a parent's head as they are walking by the TV screen and see the Brawl Ray gun laying on the stage.

Yes, it seems excessive, but Nintendo has built their image on family fun. Besides, the SSB4 version has a good look.

I would be more worried about the balance of the weapon in this game. In Brawl it was far too easy to knock heavyweights like Ganondorf off the stage with the Ray Gun and carry them off the screen or far enough where their recovery would not work.

instead of the look, maybe everyone should be worried about the weapon's balance. It was overpowered in Brawl.

you really think parents would be worried by this?

we're in the year 2013... kids these days start having sex and drink by the age of 14 and do all kinds of other stuff
you think parents care if their child plays a video game... and one character in this game uses a gun (which has the size of an ant)?

it's not like this is a FPS... or some bloody horror game, we're talking about something parents wouldn't even recognize... a little laser-gun

even LEGO is more violent than this

• please do not forget that this is a fighting game... you fight against each other... use your fists/legs or swords/bombs, etc.
    how is that fine, but guns are not?

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

SheldonRandoms

That new ray gun looks like a hammer, maybe you can also use it..................as a hammer (If that's the case, then the Hammer Bro(s). need be in this game as playable characters).
Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Orngeblu

I like the new design on the gun. :I

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

DreamyViridi

I agree with @DestinyMan.
The new ray gun does look a bit daft in comparison, yes, but it looks alright. I do prefer Brawl's design a bit more but I like it too and hope you can still move while shooting. Besides, the look of one item isn't going to stop me (or anyone with a brain) from buying the game.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Wheeler

I really don't care about the ray gun. -_-

Wheeler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic