Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 301 to 320 of 27,917

shingi_70

astarisborn94 wrote:

Looks like the juicy information is starting to spill out.

Sakurai stated in a tweet that got deleted that two of Mega Man, Isaac, and Geno would be in. Whenever or not he's trolling us remains to be seen, but if true, I'm willing to bet on Mega Man getting in and Isaac looks more likely than ever.

Although this also makes Geno a possibility, which I like.

Someone tweeted him asking about them and he replied with 2 out of 3.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Adam

Aviator wrote:

I'm willing to bed on Gaga getting in more likely than ever.

No one ever truly doubted your willingness to bed her, but I don't think it likely you will get in.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

komicturtle

I wish I had VIP passes to watch these Smash Bros. games go through development... I wish Nintendo had special contests for that..

komicturtle

CommanderAudio

astarisborn94 wrote:

Looks like the juicy information is starting to spill out.

Sakurai stated in a tweet that got deleted that two of Mega Man, Isaac, and Geno would be in. Whenever or not he's trolling us remains to be seen, but if true, I'm willing to bet on Mega Man getting in and Isaac looks more likely than ever.

Although this also makes Geno a possibility, which I like.

Mega Man: Unlikely, but don't count him out.
Issac: Almost a dead cert

Geno: If he is in
http://files.sharenator.com/funny_dog_pictures_omg1_OMG_pics-...

But he probably is just trolling
P.S What's his Twitter account? I searched it up on Google and couldn't find anything

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in ...

komicturtle

It's been proven fake. Someone just shopped his Twitter page to include it.

Also, Sakurai isn't one to announce or say such things on his twitter account anyhow.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AlexSays

Since TBD loves to lock threads after I've thoughtfully typed up lengthy responses..

What minor details would you like to be included

Oh I do have one wish but it is a detail so small, I'm not sure it's worth mentioning. But I guess I'll just come out with it. Online multiplayer that actually works.

Now I know what some of you are thinking, 'Hey Alex how can you be so selfish that you'd like such a minor detail to be included?"

And the answer is I just don't know. For some it would seem completely reasonable if a large portion of the game didn't work correctly, but for visionaries like me I think it may just be possible.

AlexSays

LzWinky

AlexSays wrote:

Since TBD loves to lock threads after I've thoughtfully typed up lengthy responses..

Oh I do have one wish but it is a detail so small, I'm not sure it's worth mentioning. But I guess I'll just come out with it. Online multiplayer that actually works.

Now I know what some of you are thinking, 'Hey Alex how can you be so selfish that you'd like such a minor detail to be included?"

And the answer is I just don't know. For some it would seem completely reasonable if a large portion of the game didn't work correctly, but for visionaries like me I think it may just be possible.

Not really selfish. That's a reasonable request. Online in Brawl was absolutely terrible

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Snagrio

Everyone (including myself) seems to be talking about mostly the character roster and the improvement on the gameplay. But what about more of the minor things in the series that will (hopefully) be upgraded? First, trophies. I sure hope the ones here actually move around and have animation, like in Kid Icarus: Uprising. That would make them all the more fun to collect for me! And there is another subtle extra I'd like to see continued. Remember the secret messages that the Star Fox characters and Snake would have on their stages? I think it would be awesome to have that spread to other game series. For example, I can very easily see Pit conversing with Palutena, Viridi, and others about the opponents he is fighting, like what Snake did with his comrades. What other small, subtle details would you like to see return/come about?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Henmii

As for the roster: Of course they will switch up things. Some characters will get the axe, while others get added. Anyway, as far as Nintendo characters go I am pretty served. Well, King K Rool is a must, Hades is almost a given, Rosalina and E Gadd could be fun too!

As for third-party characters: Sonic definitely should stay in! Since Namco Bandai are working on it, I say Pacman is a given. But I could also see Klonoa, or Red Savarin, or Tekken/Soul Calibur characters! But the first thing many people shouted was Tales characters! Well, that could work to! In fact many characters could work if done right! Personally I think it's time that SSB opens up to the world, by including lots of third-party characters! I would love to see Megaman, Bomberman, Banjo Kazooie, Rayman, etc! We will see!

I also think Level 5 should be honered in a way! After all they make good and very popular DS/3DS games! I think something Professor Layton related could be in it, like a stage or assist trophy. And Endou Mamoru (Mark Evans) from Inazuma Eleven could be a cool playable character! What do you say? You Americans don't know Inazuma Eleven and soccer isn't very popular in your country? It doesn't matter! No American/European knew Lucas (from Mother 3) but we got him anyway. And we loved him!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

MetalMario

LztheBlehBird wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

[/div]

Not really selfish. That's a reasonable request. Online in Brawl was absolutely terrible

It was unplayable for me. Every match I ever went into lagged horribly. It's a shame, too, I would have loved to play it online.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Tomatoboxer

@WingedFish: More secret messages would be a good idea!
I'd like leaderboards for the stadium events, and a return to each character having their own Target Test stage. I also think that different character tints/skins should be expanded on. It would make more sense to me to make Dr. Mario a skin for Mario than a completely separate character, for instance. And if DK had a Funky Kong skin, I would use it exclusively when playing as him.

Tomatoboxer

Firejonie

irken004 wrote:

I'd love another emissary-style story mode. That was my favorite mode in the game! They need to fix the online too

[/div]

Same, just add more levels, characters, cutscenes, unlockables, secrets and ramp up the difficulty a bit and I'm good.

Edited on by Firejonie

Firejonie

Koos

I'd like to see Shulk Dunban and Fiora.
Prince Fluff
Palutena
Little Mac and King Hippo
Pushmo guy
Mr. Ford a cool idea if voiced by original
Isa and Kachi
Leon (RE)
Kasumi

Edited on by Koos

Koos

rolLTheDice

I'd prefer a Super Smash Bros. Goulash instead. Take the tasty characters, put 'em through the meatgrinder, bon appétit!

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

Snagrio

Firejonie wrote:

irken004 wrote:

I'd love another emissary-style story mode. That was my favorite mode in the game! They need to fix the online too

[/div]

[/div]

Same, just add more levels, characters, cutscenes, unlockables, secrets and ramp up the difficulty a bit and I'm good.

I think it would be awesome if there was a mini Smash Bros. movie. Only instead of a five minutes run (like the Kid Icarus animes were) make it be at least an hour or so.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

iroxursox

now red the hunter would be the coolest thing ever and it would make an insta buy for me

friend code is 0602-6743-0345 i like TRAINS
proud owner of a wii u, 3ds, 2 wiis, and a ps3.
currently playing MGS:3D
proud owner of a minecrat server.

shinpichu

Characters I want:
King K. Rool
Ridley
Saki
Little Mac
Bandana Dee
Black Shadow
Takamaru
Megaman

Random tripping should be gone. Game should be faster, though not necessarily Melee speed. Either bring back Manual L-canceling or make it "automatic". Make airdodges limited again.

This shouldn't be Melee 2 or Brawl 2, it should be its own game with mostly unique mechanics.

As for SSE, I have a few suggestions:
-"remake" the original story, with new characters incorporated.
-minimize the number of original characters. Mooks should be mostly drawn from Nintendo franchises
-Bring in the Space Pirates. This is a MUST for my next suggestion to work.
-Have Metroid Prime-esque "logs" that can be found in various computers(maybe even in Space Pirate bases) in the adventure that give details on the plot and backstory. This would eliminate the need for the need for external materials like this: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea17.html
-More chapters to serve as "prologues" to the original story. Explain things like what Marth was doing in that Ruined Castle.
-Have areas based on the various franchises.
-Have more varied levels, drawing inspiration from the series represented. For example, Snake and ZSS could have stealth missions.

Edited on by shinpichu

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

AlexSays

MetalMario wrote:

It was unplayable for me. Every match I ever went into lagged horribly. It's a shame, too, I would have loved to play it online.

If the online was flawless the game would have been one of the best Nintendo games in their entire history.

It's so frustrating to have a game be so great yet have one of it's largest components not work well at all. Makes me angry just thinking about it.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic