Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 27,917

LeVideoGamer

DreamyViridi wrote:

@DestinyMan - Four. The Mario franchise has 4 representatives if I recall. Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser; all of which are playable from the start incidentally. In my opinion, the Mario franchise can have a fifth representative; same for the Zelda franchise.
Rosalina's playable appearance in 3D World (while awesome) does not guarantee anything Smash Bros-wise . Nintendo news and other goings-on does not translate to "OMG Smash Bros confirmed". While it's a possibility, I will remain somewhat negative and say the chance is slim.
Besides, that way, if I'm wrong; it'll be a surprise!

Five if you include Dr. Mario from Melee (which still doesn't top Pokémon's six, or Zelda's six if you count Sheik as a separate character). And since Luigi has never been playable from the start, I doubt that will change.

I agree that Rosalina in SM3DW guarantees nothing, and I'm not entirely sure why anyone would think it does.

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/vgm/4237975235.html
Wii U owners in London, please check it out!

DreamyViridi

@LeVideoGamer - Oh, that's right. I knew Luigi was an unlockable; I just thought that his reveal in Smash 4 = playable from the start but that's not guaranteed. For the record, I do not count Dr. Mario as a separate character Representative for the whole Smash Bros. series as he is the very same Mario in a Doctor's costume. That is opinion, though, not fact.

I better clear up my point - when I said Representatives, I probably should've mentioned slots. As @LeVideoGamer said, the Pokémon and Zelda franchise has had 6 or so Reps throughout the series while the Mario franchise has had 4 (5 if you do include Dr. Mario); further helping my point that a fifth/sixth Mario Rep would be acceptable. However, I should mention Representative slots per game. In 64 - Mario/Pokémon had 2 Reps, Zelda had 1. This was boosted to 4 Zelda/Pokémon Rep Slots and a whopping 5 Mario Rep Slots in Melee. In Brawl (stay with me here!), Mario's Rep Slot number was reduced to 4 but otherwise, stayed the same. For the upcoming Smash Bros., boosting Mario's Rep Slot number back to 5 wouldn't be unreasonable, and as I said earlier, the Zelda franchise also deserves a fifth slot. Pokémon too, I suppose.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

LeVideoGamer

@DreamyViridi Fair enough.

Personally, I think that Mario, Zelda and Pokémon are perfectly represented already. I think four reps per franchise is the perfect number, the most important characters are already playable, and almost any other character added to those franchises would just be filler. The only exception to this at the moment would be Mewtwo.

I'd prefer it if brand new characters represented new franchises, rather than oversaturate existing franchises.

Edited on by LeVideoGamer

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/vgm/4237975235.html
Wii U owners in London, please check it out!

DreamyViridi

@LeVideoGamer - Agreed. I mean Mario has potential candidates that I wouldn't call filler but the most important ones are already there, so I'd like one more but four is already appreciated. I can think of one new franchise rep that practically no-one would expect.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pootypie

DestinyMan wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

@DestinyMan I will take care of Sakurai's pics with comments if you don't post it just to be quicker

I put Wii U pics in the Wii U thread and 3DS pics in the 3DS thread.

I've noticed that Sakurai's been changing his rate of posting, which can be complex for someone like me who gets up at a certain time to see it and share it. Getting into a 2 AM biological clock routine gets thrown off when Sakurai posts a picture at 1 AM my time like he did on Tuesday. He even used to do it 4 AM my time.

Oh wow, hmmm, I will post pics on the 3DS too, and he post pics at about 12 in my time. I am GMT +2 you?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

@DestinyMan oh wow, I live very far away from you, about 8 hours difference

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Budda

I don't know, but I've got the feeling something gets revealed on the 21st November.
It doesn't need to be a character.. Maybe a 3D World Stage.. or better, since Rosalina is in 3D World, a Galaxy stage?

We have to see and wait.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

SomeBitTripFan

Mario and Zelda are both fine with the current number of slots they have. Sure they the main series games only have 4 slots, but Wario and Yoshi are both Mario characters, and are not really associated with their spin-offs as much as they are Mario. I'd much prefer Nintendo give some other franchises some representation, beyond simple Assist Trophies.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

OdnetninAges

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

Wario and Yoshi are both Mario characters, and are not really associated with their spin-offs as much as they are Mario.

I disagree. They made them as more like their spin-off incarnations more than their Mario roots in Brawl. Wario has his WarioWare outfit by default, and WarioWare and Yoshi's Island are their home stages respectively. Sure, they started as Mario characters, but they've made names for themselves, and Brawl showcased that. (Melee did for Yoshi too.)

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

I'd much prefer Nintendo give some other franchises some representation, beyond simple Assist Trophies.

I do agree with this, though.

Edited on by OdnetninAges

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

SomeBitTripFan

@OdetninAges: I have to respectfully disagree. Games with Yoshi pretty much always have Mario anyway (Yoshi, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island DS, New Yoshi's Island). The original Yoshi's Island was called Super Mario World 2. Wario has done much better at establishing himself as his own character, but even then, his appearance is still just that of an evil, brutish Mario.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

SomeBitTripFan

I'm surprised to see they actually implemented a gravity system just for this level. I have a feeling this might become a really popular stage as an alternative to Final Destination.

Just Someloggery

MegaStoneSmash91

Meanwhile, all the way back on page 116 of this topic:

DestinyMan wrote:

I highly doubt Sakurai would show Final Destination so early. I think it is a Super Mario Galaxy stage. Look at the blue hue of the two pictures.
Untitled
Untitled

Seeing this stage put a giant smile on my face and I can't wait to play on it! Sakurai's more recent posts have gotten quite interesting, and I can only hope the trend continues.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Dark-Luigi

Mario galaxy?!? Yes!! Why not put in some bosses that could get in the way? Such as digga-leg or Megaleg? Also, now I really can't shake the feeling that Rosalina will appear some where.

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

Pootypie

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"A new stage, Mario Galaxy!! The pull of gravity emanates from the center of the planet, so this will require using brand-new tactics."
AWESOME! It's a mishmash of Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 at Good Egg Galaxy. You can even see Lubba on Starship Mario! Maybe Rosalina will make a cameo too?

Sakurai even posted in the comments section.
Untitled
"Here's what happens when you stand by the edges. Vertical jumps and getting hit upward will shoot you up diagonally."

awwww, you were two hours faster than me, oh well. Either way that's is AWESOME!!! This is probably going to be my favorite stage.

...and you have miiverse?

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Budda

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

I don't know, but I've got the feeling something gets revealed on the 21st November.
It doesn't need to be a character.. Maybe a 3D World Stage.. or better, since Rosalina is in 3D World, a Galaxy stage?

We have to wait and see.

Speaking of the devil...

This looks amazing!

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Bigtime

Does this mean the only way to KO someone is to send them up?

Wait no, you'll just be able to send them off screen normally. Silly me. I'd had it in my head it will end up like the Kraid stage where you can see the whole thing and not just the top./

Edited on by Bigtime

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

Wheeler

I want to see a F-Zero and Star Fox stage now.

Wheeler

luisesteban

Hey, in the first Mario Galaxy stage, has Mario a Super Mario World cape?

luisesteban

cookiex

luisesteban wrote:

Hey, in the first Mario Galaxy stage, has Mario a Super Mario World cape?

It's the same cape he's used since Melee.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic