Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 2,881 to 2,900 of 27,917

Pootypie

Untitled
"The Villager's bug catching net that was shown in the movie is actually a grapple move. It is sort of like Link's Clawshot and Samus's Grapple Beam."

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Wheeler

^Wonder if it can be a Tether Recovery move.

Wheeler

Pootypie

ShadowFox254 wrote:

^Wonder if it can be a Tether Recovery move.

possibly, wait for the game to come out!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Wheeler

^I'm not asking for the game to be rush.

I'm just curious of Villager's grappler move. Maybe Sakurai will confirm it.

Wheeler

Orngeblu

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Untitled
"The Villager's bug catching net that was shown in the movie is actually a grapple move. It is sort of like Link's Clawshot and Samus's Grapple Beam."

Ooh, Villagers grab move!

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Pootypie

Orngeblu wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Untitled

Ooh, Villagers grab move!

Wouldn't be easy to tell if Sakurai didn't mention that

Pootypie

Orngeblu

Tether recovery? Well, from the looks of it, how can a net possibly grapple onto the edge? Maybe Sakurai will make it work anyways.

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Wheeler

^Just a theory. I mean the characters who can't grab with their bare hands (exception of Sheik) has a Tether Recovery. Maybe I'm just bored.

Wheeler

MonocledMetroid

Orngeblu wrote:

Tether recovery? Well, from the looks of it, how can a net possibly grapple onto the edge? Maybe Sakurai will make it work anyways.

Well, nets can get caught on things, so it could work.

MonocledMetroid

PanicPuppet

Captain Falcon: Master of the Falcon Punch, successful F-Zero racer, and part-time bounty hunter; were are you?...

PanicPuppet

Blast

Austroid wrote:

Captain Falcon: Master of the Falcon Punch, successful F-Zero racer, and part-time bounty hunter; were are you?...

Hopefully... Captain Falcon, Fox, and Samus are all have their own Wii U games in development right now.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Pootypie

Blastoise-san wrote:

Austroid wrote:

Hopefully... Captain Falcon, Fox, and Samus are all have their own Wii U games in development right now.

I wonder why they didn't put him in Brawl

Pootypie

Pootypie

Untitled
"Pic of the day. The characters' thick outlines are only available in the 3DS version. Only the external outline is thickened and won't appear in instances like when the hands or feet are overlapping. It's got a softness to it and is not just black."

Find the original content here: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADzUgNp2FFgTQ

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Happy_Mask

I'm still glad the outlines are adjustable.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Wheeler

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Untitled
"Pic of the day. The characters' thick outlines are only available in the 3DS version. Only the external outline is thickened and won't appear in instances like when the hands or feet are overlapping. It's got a softness to it and is not just black."

Find the original content here: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADzUgNp2FFgTQ

Glad I'm getting both versions.

Wheeler

Captain_Balko

Since Rosalina has been announced for Super Mario 3D World, I think that we have a decent chance of seeing her for Smash Bros. People are always clamoring for female characters, and Rosalina has quite a following. She could have an interesting move set (the galaxy spin attack, shooting star bits, that force-field she uses if you shot star bits at her in Galaxy, luma based attacks, et cetera), is relevant again, and seems like an all-around excellent choice. I think the odds are alright.

Captain_Balko

LeVideoGamer

Captain_Balko wrote:

Since Rosalina has been announced for Super Mario 3D World, I think that we have a decent chance of seeing her for Smash Bros. People are always clamoring for female characters, and Rosalina has quite a following. She could have an interesting move set (the galaxy spin attack, shooting star bits, that force-field she uses if you shot star bits at her in Galaxy, luma based attacks, et cetera), is relevant again, and seems like an all-around excellent choice. I think the odds are alright.

C'mon now. How does her appearance in 3D World improve her chances? Surely that would improve Toad's chances as well, since he's also playable? It's weak reasoning, if you ask me.

If Rosalina was going to be playable in SSB4, she would've been announced during the Direct.

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/vgm/4237975235.html
Wii U owners in London, please check it out!

SheldonRandoms

Nobody expected Rosalina to be in Super Mario 3D Land as a playable character, so maybe she has a chance at being playable in Smash 4.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

DreamyViridi

@DestinyMan - Four. The Mario franchise has 4 representatives if I recall. Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser; all of which are playable from the start incidentally. In my opinion, the Mario franchise can have a fifth representative; same for the Zelda franchise.
Rosalina's playable appearance in 3D World (while awesome) does not guarantee anything Smash Bros-wise . Nintendo news and other goings-on does not translate to "OMG Smash Bros confirmed". While it's a possibility, I will remain somewhat negative and say the chance is slim.
Besides, that way, if I'm wrong; it'll be a surprise!

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pootypie

@DestinyMan I will take care of Sakurai's pics with comments if you don't post it just to be quicker

Pootypie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic