Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 27,821 to 27,840 of 27,917

Devereux

Only thing I want from Smash Bros NX is the option to toggle stage hazards/transformations off so Pokemon Stadium 2 can be a competitively viable stage.

Praise the Soon.

Iridium

Anyone had any success with Samus competitively?

"Like a fish on the land, like a bird in the sand - you're content with the place they gave you"

Nintendo Network ID: DarkFlareon136

veeflames

@Iridium I'm not a Samus main, but a lot of the Samuses I meet online are kinda tougher than I thought they were (although some of them are just annoying).

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

KO-Cub

@Iridium
I'm a Samus main. It can be difficult to win at times. She can have a lot of great and bad times.

ESAM is a Samus main and goes to regular events. Should look into him.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Iridium

@Vee_Flames yeah I'm doing alright but if someone with any speed behind them comes along I often get wiped out lol

"Like a fish on the land, like a bird in the sand - you're content with the place they gave you"

Rexcalibr

@martinskrtel37

Her and Corrin are still two of the most overpowered characters in the game, nerfed or not in my opinion.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Iridium

@KO-Cub yeah she's a good all rounder, alright cool - will do!

Rexcalibr

Does anyone still play Tourney's. People are still playing them. I actually won a 1v1 For Glory Large with Wendy Koopa. I wish I would have taken a picture of it because it shows her with a crown at the end.

The tourneys are pretty fun as long as you're willing to wait a couple minutes for them to start, and sometimes they get cancelled or you will automatically win a match and go to the next battle because there weren't enough competitors. It's most fun when it's a full house.

Rexcalibr

Iridium

@Rexcalibr yeah I've been experimenting with alot of characters I don't normally use tonight, though did a few one on one battles online and found someone UNSTOPPABLE with Luigi lol I guess good practice makes any character good..

Rexcalibr

OdnetninAges wrote:

I like how you can use Miis in some Tourneys. I won a few using Miis.

Makes me wonder why you can't just use them in For Fun, though.

I don't ever use them at all in Smash or MK8. They are completely useless to me.

Rexcalibr

Joeynator3000

So, stat-wise, how should I set my Link amiibo up? Put all 7 of mine through a FD/No Item battle just to see how they all stand out. Link is somewhat in the middle. Currently he's Speed and Attack, should I just go for an even setup or something?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

yokokazuo

@Megumi_Sagano mine is mainly focussed on attack along with some defence and I think he is one of the hardest to beat.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Joeynator3000

Thinking I might do that then, since my other 3 are all about defense and attack and they're usually the last ones standing.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

RedFinch

Hi everyone, we own 3 copies of Smash on 3DS (I've two boys), and Smash on Wii U. After playing it quite a bit in the initial couple of months, we all moved on to other games. Recently the boys have gotten back into Smash in a big way and are starting to play it online, etc. They're REALLY enjoying it and are asking me to purchase some of the new characters and levels.

I haven't downloaded ANY of the new content on 3DS or Wii U, so what is the best and most efficient way to do this? Mainly for Wii U, but maybe for 3DS too... I don't know if I should just download a few characters and levels or everything... if I go for everything, what's the easiest way?

Thanks, I hope someone can help me out because I can't go through 1500 plus pages of posts!

RedFinch

Rexcalibr

If you want everything, they have them at a lower price than they originally released them at. You can get them in bundles for both the 3DS and Wii U version. I purchased pretty much everything because I wanted the characters and DLC stages. Couldn't give a damn about the Mii consumes but they came with the bundles I got. I never use the Miis and couldn't care less if they were in the game or not, and that goes for Mario Kart 8 as well. Always been useless characters to me, but I really did enjoy the Mario Maker level, Ryu's stage, and the Wind Waker pirate ship level.

I love the music on the Mii Plaza stage (mostly because of the Tomadachi Life music) but it's pretty much useless to me because it's not accessible online and I only ever play online.

Rexcalibr

RedFinch

@Rexcalibr @DarthNocturnal
Thanks!!

So, I think we would get the Fighter Bundle for sure, I may as well get it bundled for the 3DS even though it's for my account, it's just another $6... now, about the stages, is it worth it to buy them? Do most people online have them? If others don't have them, then I can see it being a potential waste of money. I remember playing Gears of War back in the day and bought every downloadable content, but if even one person online didn't pay for those maps, you couldn't play them online and turned out to be a waste of money for me.

Appreciate the help!

RedFinch

RedFinch

@DarthNocturnal

So what would the advantage of buying the DLC stages be? I can understand the characters, you can`t play them without it, but if you can still gain access to the stages, maybe you won`t need them, right?

RedFinch

RedFinch

This isn't going to be easy, both my boys want the All-in-one fighter bundle but it's a lot of dough, too much to be worth it on multiple 3DS systems. What to do, what to do...

RedFinch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic