Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 27,917

WebHead

Marth looks great. I think Chrom and/or Lucina will be his alternate skin(s). I think that would make everyone happy without taking space away from other potential fighters.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Wheeler

Mickey wrote:

@ShadowFox254 You're missing the point. The point is: He wasn't able to fire punch people before he appeared in Smash Bros.

No. Just no. The point is; He already knew how to fight before Smash Bros. I'm not even talking about his Falcon Punch. Please read your comment next time.

Wheeler

Snagrio

mamp wrote:

Hunter-D wrote:

Looking good. He was a bit of a pansy in the past. More of a man now

IDK he keeps looking pretty girly to me at least the face area.

I actually agree with both statements. His new look (for Smash Bros. anyway) does look more quote unquote "manlier" then before, but still retains his practically trademark feminine body. One thing left to wonder is if Marth will finally speak English, but for traditional sake I doubt it.

On another note, look at the details on him! Just from the first screenshot alone you can see the fuzz on the cape's design, and light shining off his shoulder armor.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

shingi_70

I was hoping for the new guy from awakening.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LeVideoGamer

Nice! My second main character after Captain Falcon. Wasn't expecting another veteran this early in the month, nor was I expecting Marth, but it's good news nonetheless. Hopefully Zelda or Captain Falcon are revealed next.

@TheGreatGamer

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/vgm/4237975235.html
Wii U owners in London, please check it out!

Orngeblu

Yay, marth is back! :3 I like the way he looks in this. I think I'll go straight to him when I first play the game, haha.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Hunter-D

Marth is one of the Smash veterans, He's practically guaranteed a slot. The other character from the FE series however is not. So far we've had Roy & Ike and most people expect to see Chrom this time around.
I think that he should, he's a great character in my opinion and it will help further promote the awesomeness that is Fire Emblem Awakening.

Now, I highly doubt that Lucina will be given a slot as the roster size will be near enough the same as SSBB (probably a few more at best) so having said that, three characters representing a single series is a no go unless you're talking about popular/well known/classic Nintendo franchises such as Mario, LoZ, Kirby etc.
Also considering Marth's redesign for the latest game pretty much rules out a Lucina alternate costume as the body sizes don't match at all.

Hunter-D

DreamyViridi

@Hunter-D - Agreed. It's a given at this point that Sakurai is focusing more on revealing veterans from previous games; which is fine. Save the surprises for... well, a surprise. Chrom would make a great addition despite what anybody says. However, Marth's redesign isn't used in Smash 4 and that alone might still give Lucina a chance; I feel. I wouldn't rule her out just yet anyway. I think Fire Emblem is good enough now to have a third character slot at this point but I'm willing to accept that, in reality, the chance of her making it through is rather low.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Mickey

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Mickey wrote:

@ShadowFox254 You're missing the point. The point is: He wasn't able to fire punch people before he appeared in Smash Bros.

No. Just no. The point is; He already knew how to fight before Smash Bros. I'm not even talking about his Falcon Punch. Please read your comment next time.

Alright. You're getting too worked up about this. If you want to get specific, yes. He maybe knew how to fight, but Bounty hunters aren't known for their advanced knowledge of combat techniques. Maybe he could throw a punch, but his cup of tea is probably using a gun. Using a gun and knowing how to fight are two very different things. Take it from someone who takes Karate. Either way, being a trained bounty hunter with a gun didn't get him in Smash Brothers' roster, being a popular character from a popular franchise got him there. Now, since this whole thing is really bothering you, I'll clarify what I originally meant: Captain Falcon didn't have anything Nintendo could use so they gave him a Falcon Punch. They could do the same with another character so I suggest that people stop shooting down character ideas over their lack of a foreseeable moveset. I hope that's good enough for you.

TheGreatGamer wrote:

either way how does Marth not look like a girl?

There's a thread for that now.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Wheeler

@Mickey: I'm not even getting work up. But believe what you want believe, and I've also taking Karate when I was kid.

Wheeler

mamp

@WingedSnagret
LOL now that I look at it a second time it's his clothing that makes him look manlier but marth himself looks pretty feminine.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

ThePirateCaptain

The one reason I could see Lucina being in the game instead of Chrom is because Chrom might be too similar to Marth in appearance. Rather than having two blue haired men with swords, one would be a girl, which would help differentiate them.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Snagrio

Just heard something very thought provoking from the latest GameXplain about Marth. Since he has been a secret unlockable character in the last two games, but this time around has been revealed rather early, does this mean he's unlocked from the start?

Also, taking Sakurai's statement about no cutscenes into account pertaining to the pointlessness of trying to keep things secret in the game, could the full roster be unlocked from the get-go? I doubt something that drastic would happen, but it is interesting to think about...

On an unrelated note, I figured out what it was that's been bugging me about Marth's new design. His ugly brown boots. I know they were brown from the old look, but I don't know, they just stick out too much... His full blue outfit from the last two games was great, and I'm fine with his new one, but those boots...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Hunter-D

WingedSnagret wrote:

Also, taking Sakurai's statement about no cutscenes into account pertaining to the pointlessness of trying to keep things secret in the game, could the full roster be unlocked from the get-go? I doubt something that drastic would happen, but it is interesting to think about...

Yeah, I also doubt that the full roster will be available from the start. Regarding the cut-scenes, I remember Sakurai saying that they were planning another method of 'rewarding' players during the campaign experience instead of the subspace emissary clips. I think that's as far as he went.

We'll find out in due time.

Hunter-D

Happy_Mask

CapnPancakes wrote:

The one reason I could see Lucina being in the game instead of Chrom is because Chrom might be too similar to Marth in appearance. Rather than having two blue haired men with swords, one would be a girl, which would help differentiate them.

What. Lucina literally looks so similar to Marth's feminine visage that she could masquerade as him for a rather lengthy amount of time.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Hunter-D

Yeah I was referring to his recent problems with RSI. Controlling two characters with both hands at the same time doesn't help too

Edited on by Hunter-D

Hunter-D

DreamyViridi

Don't forget good ol' Sandbag! ^^
I'm noticing the lack of Yoshi, which for many people will be/is a big red light. As a veteran and one of the eight original smashers, can't help but wonder, where is he? I'm sure he'll be in. It's kind of a given but still, something to note. Food for thought if you will.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic