Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 27,761 to 27,780 of 27,917

JunkosBoobies

Captain_Toad wrote:

@SuperPokefan95: Heh, it mostly comes down to the voice taunts at least for me. Female corrin displays more sass than robin with "Your fate is clear" and "lets do this!" "Your ready for this?" to refence space jam help things along. I still cycle around to male corrin from time to time.

When the DLC launched, as soon as I found out about the Space Jam reference...let's just say I've only used Male Corrin online once or twice. That's it. I was already gonna main Female Corrin, but because of that, there was no reason to ever use Male Corrin ever again. For me anyways.

Edited on by JunkosBoobies

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

TeeJay

I've always used male Corrin. I don't really understand why the vast majority prefers to use female Corrin.

Also what Space Jam reference?

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JunkosBoobies

Detective_TeeJay wrote:

I've always used male Corrin. I don't really understand why the vast majority prefers to use female Corrin.

Also what Space Jam reference?

In her Down Taunt, she says "You ready for this?". That's one of the lines in the main Space Jam theme.

(I realize that phrase in general has been around for longer, but I always think of Space Jam when I hear that.)

Edited on by JunkosBoobies

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Undead_terror

So tomorrow Sakurai is suppose to do a Q and A so I heard, now to ask why Wolf didn't make the cut.

Also just had a couple matches with Etika!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

retropunky

So did anyone get that ProCube controller afterall? I got mine in the mail a few days ago, and I have to say it really works well.

Other than that, I really need to start playing Smash again. You know something is up when a CPUs give you trouble.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Sticker

retropunky wrote:

So did anyone get that ProCube controller afterall? I got mine in the mail a few days ago, and I have to say it really works well.

Other than that, I really need to start playing Smash again. You know something is up when a CPUs give you trouble.

Beware of playing Smash again. You'll encounter players who love spamming, dodge rolling, grabbing/throwing/, insulting you, taunting, and most of all, playing as female version of characters.

"PlatinumGamer" wrote:

Is Nintendo Life even that good of a fourm anyways?

"Sparks" wrote:

prolly full of 6 year olds tbh

Nintendo Network ID: Senpai900900

retropunky

@Sticker:

I left online a couple of months ago do to the spamming. Almost every match consisted of grabbing, and weapon spamming.

But now, I'm curious... if it's worth trying to defeat these spammers. And you also reminded me, I haven't bought the new DLC characters either O_o

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

KO-Cub

There' nothing wrong with grab spammers. They're playing Scissors to your Paper, real hard.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Luffymcduck

Sticker wrote:

retropunky wrote:

Beware of playing Smash again. You'll encounter players who love spamming, dodge rolling, grabbing/throwing/, insulting you, taunting, and most of all, playing as female version of characters.

OK, but there are ways to counter all those things if you're good enough. Just read your opponents moves right. And how do those players insult you, between matches by changing their name? As for players with female version of character... what's wrong with that? :/

My main characters are Yoshi, Falcon, Diddy Kong, Bayonetta and ZSS. In For Glory matches I mostly play the two I´m better with, Yoshi & Falcon. There hasn't been too much lag in my matches lately which is always nice.

My character choices might be bit limited but that's because I want to get good with few characters than average with a huge selection of them. Sometimes I play Little Mac too in local 1v1 for fun (trying to get that down tilt + KO Punch on my opponent).

Edited on by Luffymcduck

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

IceClimbers

Patch 1.1.5 is now available. Yes, replays are dead again. Probably just bug fixes, but possibly a full balance patch.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

veeflames

IceClimbers wrote:

Patch 1.1.5 is now available. Yes, replays are dead again. Probably just bug fixes, but possibly a full balance patch.

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I hope Kirby gets some (positive) patches. Been losing a lot for some reason.
Yes, it's a joke...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

IceClimbers

Confirmed to be a full balance patch. Zero Suit got nerfed!!!

IceClimbers

Shiek got some minor nerfs.

RIP META KNIGHT THOUGH.

Also, they nerfed Cloud

veeflames

IceClimbers wrote:

Shiek got some minor nerfs.

RIP META KNIGHT THOUGH.

Also, they nerfed Cloud

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH AGAIN!!!!
Can I see the list of nerfs/buffs?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

TeeJay

Vee_Flames wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I hope Kirby gets some (positive) patches. Been losing a lot for some reason.
Yes, it's a joke...

Anyway, ZZS, Shiek and Cloud got nerfed? Good. They needed it. Shiek paricularly.

As for Metaknight, I never use him but it didn't seem like he particularly needed to be nerfed, much less COMPLETELY DESTROYED the way he was in this patch. Wow

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

IceClimbers

Yeah, Meta Knight's bread and butter move, his u-air, got nerfed hard. Ouch.

Cloud's u-air got a slight damage decrease, the knockback growth on his Finishing Touch in the air got nerfed hard, and the limit gauge takes 1.5 seconds longer to charge.

On the bright side, Sheik's needles have less range and her d-throw got nerfed a fair amount.

Also Mewtwo buffs!!!

Rexcalibr

Man I wish the Tomodachi Life stage was in the Wii U version. I know we have the music and the Mii Plaza music but it's a shame that it is only a local stage and can't show up online. I only ever really play 1v1 For Glory so I never get to enjoy those themes.

Rexcalibr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic