Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 27,741 to 27,760 of 27,917

Eel

... No one will notice.

That's the ending you were going for, right?

Anyway, that detail about Geno was interesting. I don't remember him being very interesting in his game... Then again, I never used him on my playthrough so that probably explains it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Rumorlife

I bet had he been added to the roster, it would have fast forwarded us a WiiU version of SMRPG. That would have made the VC crowd happy.

Rumorlife

KO-Cub

Geno's a good choice for a character to show the respect that Square and Nintendo have reforged. a character that's more than just a rep... I shed a tear.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Grumblevolcano

@KO-Cub: Cloud does the same but even better as it gives the idea that maybe in the next generation Square will support Nintendo with their 3rd party titles like FFVII remake, FFXV and KH3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Sticker

Wasn't there a interview with Sakurai sometime ago about putting Geno in Smash?

"PlatinumGamer" wrote:

Is Nintendo Life even that good of a fourm anyways?

"Sparks" wrote:

prolly full of 6 year olds tbh

Nintendo Network ID: Senpai900900

SCRAPPER392

Too bad FFXV didn't make it to PS3. I would have played it. That's why I think the leak from forever ago was real, when it said Wii U multiplatform. My only chance is Xbox One, now. They probably won't back port anything. Who knows.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

martinskrtel37

SCAR wrote:

Nah. Geno is a boring niche character, IMO. I'm not saying that he shouldn't be in there, but even Banjo Kazooie or even Minecraft guy make more sense than Geno. Even Snake makes more sense, especially if they use Metal Gear 3D as an excuse or something similar.

of course banjo and kazooie and snake make more sense than geno - they're bloody gaming icons.

why would sakurai need an excuse to bring back snake? kojima has always loved nintendo and they put metal gear solid twin snakes on the gamecube not to mention snake was in brawl. the only reason snake is not in smash 4 is because konami are rotten to the core and kojima is powerless over snake as we've seen with the metal gear games post snake eater. but that's another discussion.

SCAR wrote:

]I wouldn't even be surprised if Resident Evil characters get put in, next generation, given that the Nintendo console has RE of some sort. That's just the way it works.

nintendo have had resident evil for as long as anyone. if sakurai thought it was a good idea they would have been in melee or brawl or smash 4.

SCAR wrote:

EDIT: Corrin, Cloud, and Bayonetta were some what surprising, but that's just more sign that they don't have anymore characters to put in there. Nobody probably would have thought Duck Hunt would get in, so that's the type of other characters you would see if they want to try and fill out the roster. Batonetta makes more sense than another Sonic or Mario character, for example.

cloud is iconic and i don't know how you can say "they didn't have anyone else so they got cloud". squaresoft are working with nintendo again and cloud in smash has been a wet dream for over a decade. bayonetta was the most popular feasible ballot character in europe and corrin is from the new fire emblem which is extremely popular these days.

i don't think he ever looks to just "fill out the roster", duck hunt replaced ice climbers as the retro pick

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

AndyD

So if I get the "All Fighters" pack which includes just the dlc fighters. Will their respective stages be included in that bundle or will I miss out on those?

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Eel

The characters that come with stages are completely tied to them, you can't get the stages individually... So yes, they'll come with the stages.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SCRAPPER392

@martinskrtel37:
I know. Metal Gear V didn't look as interesting as the previous entries. I feel like they try to add in too many ideas that don't work really well. This mainly goes for big games, here and there, like Fallout still having the glitchy characters, when you'd think Xbox One and PS4 are "powerful" enough to have better character animations and stuff, but the industry isn't there, so yes, I agree that's another discussion.

As for RE, it does seem like Chris Redfield should have been in Melee, but Nintendo was more split about M rated games then, then they ever have been, even when those were some of the biggest titles for GCN. I just figure they can always use the Vs. series as reference, or Street Fighter like they did with Ryu.

Also, I'm not saying Cloud shouldn't have been in Smash; I'm saying that they'd rather grab a big name character, even if it's 3rd party, over trying to get every single Nintendo character in there, even if they are minor. Otherwise we'd have the Clu Clu creatures as assist trophies over the Pac Man ghost crew or have an Odama(GCN) stage in Brawl, or similar "minor" character/stage ideas. That's why characters like Wario or Zelda didn't make until later entries, and why we didn't even get 3rd party characters until Brawl.
The whole split character with Sheik and Samus also made sense to take out(even though I wasn't against it), so it really depends on what makes sense when they throw all the characters and stuff together to see how it works. That's how it always seems from my perspective.

They would have gotten Ice Climbers in, if they could. I wouldn't say Duck Hunt replaced them, but I always figured there'd be 50 characters in Smash 4, and I honestly don't remember how many they are, even though I play it regularly. We can never count Smash out, which is why it's always good discussion to talk new characters after the newest game is out, regardless, because they will always keep adding, just like Mario Kart.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

KO-Cub

@martinskrtel37: And RosaLuma replaced Ice Climbers mechanically.

veeflames

Morpheel wrote:

... No one will notice.

You underestimate how many people want Layton in Smash. Not to mention it's not like he can't be in Smash. Layton certainly has the skills and charisma to be a Smash Bros. fighter.
I don't really care for Geno. If he makes it in, good for him. If he doesn't, oh well. I just want to control Layton in Smash.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

KO-Cub

Vee_Flames wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

... No one will notice.

You underestimate how many people want Layton in Smash. Not to mention it's not like he can't be in Smash. Layton certainly has the skills and charisma to be a Smash Bros. fighter.
I don't really care for Geno. If he makes it in, good for him. If he doesn't, oh well. I just want to control Layton in Smash.

If Pheonix Wright kicks ass in Umvc3.

Rexcalibr

I've been playing a lot of Smash lately and I realized, the only character I'm really good with is Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings.

I love Ryu but he's too hard to control and win with, and his only great kill move is a manual Shoryuken. His projectiles are only good at keeping certain characters at bay, but he IS fun to play as and a great addition to the roster.

Rexcalibr

KO-Cub

Rexcalibr wrote:

I love Ryu but he's too hard to control and win with, and his only great kill move is a manual Shoryuken. His projectiles are only good at keeping certain characters at bay, but he IS fun to play as and a great addition to the roster.

You sound far from even scratching Ryu's surface.

Rexcalibr

Maybe it's just me, but Bayonetta is way too overpowered.

I played against someone and they continuously used that drill kick combo and knocks you high into the air and she can keep doing it until you're high enough to die. She was able to kill me at like 44%, and so far, there is no air dodging or escaping it if they do it properly.....

KO-Cub wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

You sound far from even scratching Ryu's surface.

I probably am. I'm no expert with him, mostly because it's difficult to do the manual special moves in Smash Bros compared to Street Fighter games (since you can turn around in Smash Bros and in Street Fighter you can only move forward and step back.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Sticker

Why do people choose the female Corrin over the male one in Smash Bros? Because I barely see one online.

"PlatinumGamer" wrote:

Is Nintendo Life even that good of a fourm anyways?

"Sparks" wrote:

prolly full of 6 year olds tbh

Nintendo Network ID: Senpai900900

SuperPokefan95

Well, people probably like Female Kamui for a couple of reasons:

• Some like her design more than the male design. I am indifferent to the designs but I like that they gave her tights. Seriously, the thigh holes are really dumb in the Fates. Glad that was added in. It looks better that way.
  • Better voice maybe? Still indifferent but I think the male voice is a little bland. The female voice isn't much better but preferences and such. I also think she has better taunts. I don't taunt, but the male taunts are... lame.
  • Better alt colors. I think all of the alt colors are meh for male Kamui. Female Kamui has her pink alt and her black & gold alt. As said, indifferent.

Thats my take on it anyways. I couldn't care less personally since I switch between the two genders and don't play online given the fact that my internet is very poor.

Edit:
Sorry for the double post. I deleted it, but still.

Edited on by SuperPokefan95

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95 | Twitter:

Captain_Toad

@SuperPokefan95: Heh, it mostly comes down to the voice taunts at least for me. Female corrin displays more sass than robin with "Your fate is clear" and "lets do this!" "Your ready for this?" to refence space jam help things along. I still cycle around to male corrin from time to time.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

KO-Cub

A lot of people thought the Female Corrin was quite disgusting in terms of design. Thigh holes, you're right, was one of them. More over, it's the base thing around that they played their correct gender on the actual Fates game as it's supposed to be an Avatar, and in Smash to choose the other gender for the view of just playing them and to look at them.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic