Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 27,721 to 27,740 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

Guys, I just realized something: yesterday was the one year anniversary of this:
Untitled
Ha ha ha, oh GOD, it hurts even more now .

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DreamyViridi

...The eyebrows still bug me a bit.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

KO-Cub

@TheLastLugia: Okay.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

SCRAPPER392

Yup. Snake, Rayman, among others should have been in the game. UIt litterally won't make any sense if Rayman isn't the next Smash Bros, at least. I guess we'll just have to expect these grand characters to be in PS4 exclusive PS Battle Extravaganza.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Grumblevolcano

@SCAR: We need more FE characters

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SCRAPPER392

@Grumblevolcano: Nope. FE sucks, bro. I played the one on GCN, and decided to not care, forever. I don't mind if you like it, though.

The Mii costumes showed that they missed the mark, and it was probably not worth it to keep the Sora and Namco studios together to get any other characters in there, because otherwise I wouldn't have been surprised if Banjo and Kazooie got in.

We might as well have had W101 characters as partial clones to Bayonetta and so forth. That's why a game like PS All Stars Battle Extravaganza would look good on PS4, but Sony just demolished their buildings, then realize they didn't sell them instead(this is a joke).

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

KO-Cub

Moar FE and less Star Fox.
And Wonder Red would be a good character for this game. Along with Banjo and Kazooie and some Sony character.

Grumblevolcano

@KO-Cub: Master Chief instead of a Sony character!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

martinskrtel37

SCAR wrote:

Yup. Snake, Rayman, among others should have been in the game. UIt litterally won't make any sense if Rayman isn't the next Smash Bros, at least. I guess we'll just have to expect these grand characters to be in PS4 exclusive PS Battle Extravaganza.

lmao, seriously? grand character?

people are still talking about rayman?

you should spend less time thinking about some boring character from the 90s nobody really cared about and more time playing SMASH!!!!

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

SCRAPPER392

martinskrtel37 wrote:

SCAR wrote:

lmao, seriously? grand character?

people are still talking about rayman?

you should spend less time thinking about some boring character from the 90s nobody really cared about and more time playing SMASH!!!!

Ya.

On another note. I'm still displeased with the laggy servers.
No one even knows how to play Smash Bros, whenever I go on, or everybody teams up on me. No one knows how to tech roll or use B moves like Samus' morph bomb.

Nobody ever copies abilities with Kirby, which is Kirby's main move in the entire series. It's pretty pathetic that everyone forgot that and decided that tech rolls matter, but they don't know how to do those either.
No offense to anyone, but anybody who knows how to play Smash Bros, knows that hardly anyone knows how to play online.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

KO-Cub

@SCAR: Are the Samus's Zair'ing? Then don't complain. Are the Kirby's doing grab combo's. You can't talk. Just because you benefit from one move doesn't mean everyone else will, doesn't mean they have to play like you do.

veeflames

@NintendoFan64: Haha, I remember when everyone was like "Rayman was coming to Smash" and I was arguing with them about why Rayman wasn't likely to be in Smash. Then everyone got mad when the creator revealed that Rayman was just a mock design the next day. Those were the days...
@SCAR As a Kirby main, I'm guilty as charged when it comes to Kirby's inhale abilities. I used them a lot in Brawl, but mostly ignored them (and still do) in Smash 4. I think it's because it feels so slow (the exact same reason why I don't use Kirby's hammer anymore); however, I'm aware that I've been ignoring Kirby's B for a long while now, so I hit the practice mode trying out new things about his B-attack. I just don't want to succumb to Kirbycide, though. That's just lame.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

SCRAPPER392

@KO-Club
It really just depends. I get teamed up on, specifically because no one ever utilizes all the characters moves and I get caught up in the middle of that. Also, if the game lags and it's hard to play, it's not really any fun. If the Kirby's are doing grab combos and I can't dodge, because of the lag, anyone has every right to complain about it.
That's why I think Nintendo left it up to players to load the servers with gamrplay data, otherwise I have no clie why the servers never work as smoothly as they should, because the game should work fairly well at 6+ MB/s, but it doesn't.

@Vee_Flames
The point is that Kirby's copy ability matters. Why wouldn't anyone want to copy the Falcon Punch or Charge Beam(just like on the N64)? It absolutely makes more sense to have another move in place of the inhale ability, in most cases.

The option is always there to taunt and get rid of the move. That's how it matters in the strategy, including for the defending player(the character challenging Kirby). That's like saying Samus' charge beam doesn't even matter to herself. At the end of the day, everyone plays as they want(obviously), but ignoring some strategies is going to ultimately make the game less complex, period.

Qwest

Ntommy

Still missing Corrin. I've got a Cloud/Midgar code for Wii U (Europe), willing to trade it for an european Corrin 3ds code!

Ntommy

SCRAPPER392

Nah. Geno is a boring niche character, IMO. I'm not saying that he shouldn't be in there, but even Banjo Kazooie or even Minecraft guy make more sense than Geno. Even Snake makes more sense, especially if they use Metal Gear 3D as an excuse or something similar.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Resident Evil characters get put in, next generation, given that the Nintendo console has RE of some sort. That's just the way it works.
I wasn't even surprised when Mega Man and Pac Man got put in.

EDIT: Corrin, Cloud, and Bayonetta were some what surprising, but that's just more sign that they don't have anymore characters to put in there. Nobody probably would have thought Duck Hunt would get in, so that's the type of other characters you would see if they want to try and fill out the roster. Batonetta makes more sense than another Sonic or Mario character, for example.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Rumorlife

Lol I'd take Geno over the Minecraft guy. But in terms of people who are going to know who it is...
It's almost like people want a hipster obscure character that only so many people know just so they can say "YEAH I main as Geno, he's from that game you've probably never played except on the virtual console, if that", of course the Minecraft guy is more recognizable.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Smash_kirby

I still wanted to see some Golden Sun representation beyond two songs in smash 4. Not even a trophy for Isaac in either version, stings even more.

Smash_kirby

veeflames

Eh.
Professor Layton. That is all.
If there is a Smash 5 and Layton isn't a part of the characters...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic