Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 27,641 to 27,660 of 27,917

Kai_

Does anyone else use tap jump? Bayos up special, jump, up special is hard to pull off as you end up using the jump during the initial special.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

Kai_

@Chandlero: tapping the left stick up to jump, not using a button. I tend to use tap jump and then short hop with a button but I can't unlearn using it to recover.

Kai_

Eel

Playing on the 3ds made me used to jumping by button, tap jumping was disruptive so I turned it off.

Now I always turn it off, even on the console versions.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Fazermint

Just tried out the two new DLC characters. Talk about overpowered!

Bayonetta has some sick aerial combo game, theoretically infinite, good recovery, brutal edge guard, and the best counter ability in the game. I really hate that they left her guns intact, that's just endorsing passive and spammy playstyles.

Corrin is a well-rounded character, good recovery, good edge guarding, strong counter, and a really strong ground game. Plus a ranged, water-based attack that... stuns? Ok.

Edited on by Fazermint

Smash 4 manifest: I shall not

Spam ranged attacksCenter my playstyle around 1 or 2 combosFish for meteor spikesInsult my opponent through player tags

Nintendo Network ID: VanHelvet

Kai_

@Chandlero: most players disable it because you risk accidentally using your second jump, and it makes getting an up tilt more awkward but I can't play without it so meh lol.

Kai_

Smash_kirby

@Undead_terror: Just like how the Kirby's Dream Land stage on the 3DS shows the power level of the 3DS with the Power bulb. I love those little touches.

Smash_kirby

LaserdiscGal

I'm currently running a small little amiibo tourny among my collection, feel free to watch the standings and speculate on the winners.

http://challonge.com/AmiibobrawlNL

I'm honestly rooting on Robin, but we'll see.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

LaserdiscGal

I suppose I should clarify it's 3 stock, items on, Omega stages, and I hand trained every amiibo (minus Greninja, as he was already max level when I got him on Ebay).

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

VelvetElvis

Bayonetta is fun as hell — I'll definitely be putting her into my regular rotation. I think my favorite ancillary perk is that with the addition of her Umbra Clock Tower stage, there's less a chance of starting All Star mode with the god-forsaken Pokemon Kalos League stage. Stage hazards in All Star mode make me want to shank someone.

VelvetElvis

Grumblevolcano

@VelvetElvis: I always found Skyworld to be the worst stage to start All Star on.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Bloody heck Bayonetta is great and probably my main from now on, I can't even be bothered to try Corrin as Bayonetta is too much fun.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VelvetElvis

@GrumbleVolcano, though Skyworld definitely limits launchability, I never minded it as much. Kalos league is just hazard on top of hazard, especially when you're trying to launch multiple foes and they're bouncing off of two enormous swords (and back into your face) ad nauseam. Man, and don't get me started on ending up with Flat Zone X for your last All Star battle. I'm not an Omega-version purist or anything (crazy stages are really fun for casual play), but I feel like the majority of my losses in All Star are stage-related.

So in any case, it's nice to have the Clock Tower in play.

Edited on by VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

DJaa

Does anyone ever play the preset tourneys? Its always empty lol.

I wish they would remove all the options and keep one only thats similar to official tournaments. 1vs1, 2 stock, no customs, for glory and battlefield etc. Bad execution sadly. I would like to play it but its always dad >

If anyone reads this. Wanna help make one of the better ones active with me? Its the small one with 8 players. for glory/battlefield 2 stock. Please join

Edited on by DJaa

DJaa

shingi_70

I'm loving Corrin and Bayonetta. I am having trouble with Bayonettas Down B , I can't seem to time it right.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic