Kai_

Bayo's jab tho

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

KO-Cub

Plateface wrote:

Bayo's jab tho

Was it that 20 pored on Corrin? I know.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Kai_

@KO-Cub: Yeah I just rewatched, it does 19, that's pretty crazy. Her aerials look great too.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

Grumblevolcano

Fighter and stage bundles are confirmed!

http://gonintendo.com/stories/251205-this-week-s-european-dow...

• All 7 characters + Suzaku Castle, Midgar and Umbra Clock Tower = £31.43 for 1 console or £37.73 for both.
  • All the remaining DLC stages = £9.45 for Wii U, £7.66 for 3DS or £13.05 for both.

So excluding Mii costumes, these are the totals:
Wii U = £40.48
3DS = £39.09
Wii U + 3DS = £50.78

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Fighter and stage bundles are confirmed!

http://gonintendo.com/stories/251205-this-week-s-european-dow...

• All 7 characters + Suzaku Castle, Midgar and Umbra Clock Tower = £31.43 for 1 console or £37.73 for both.
  • All the remaining DLC stages = £9.45 for Wii U, £7.66 for 3DS or £13.05 for both.

So excluding Mii costumes, these are the totals:
Wii U = £40.48
3DS = £39.09
Wii U + 3DS = £50.78

I think it might be worth mentioning if you've already got one or more of the fighters/costumes/stages you wont be able to buy the bundles so you will have to download them separately.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CapeSmash

Untitled

So... this is our official tier list. I have a few problems with it. The only solid thing is the top 10. Anything below that is a mess. Why was this tier list even created in the first place? The new patch is literally right around the corner, so this isn't going to hold much use at all. Some of these placements are questionable as well. Ganondorf the 3rd worst character in the game? W-what? I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks Ganondorf is bottom 5 is ignorant. Then again, the same people who say he's the worst character in the game have only fought for glory Ganons, say that he's awful at edge-guarding (which isn't true, he has a fantastic edge-guard game), and probably browse Reddit all day. Oh, and did I mention how terrible /r/smashbros is? Okay, I better stop. lol

With each and every day I lose interest in the competitive Smash community. If you defend your main character, and say they aren't THAT bad, your opinion is automatically deemed irrelevant because you main that character, and you're biased for it. Also, Shulk is outside of the bottom 15, yet all Shulk mains do is complain about how terrible and unfun he is to play. I am so sick of the competitive Smash community to the point I have been avoiding it like the plague. The non-competitive Smash community is no better. If you disagree with certain character choices on the roster, you're attacked and called "salty." I saw one user on Twitter say they wished there were more variety (in terms of appearance) in the DLC roster, and they got called horrible, disgusting, and vile things. There's other problems I have with both communities (like the non-competitive players saying things that make no sense at all while trying to sound smart, and the non-competitive community calling out others for being "elitists" when they're literally being elitists themselves) but those issues I mentioned not in ( ) have been become more apparent lately.

I'm really passionate about this series, it's my favorite of all time. So it pains me that the communities for these games are so toxic. I've seen so much garbage and ignorance from the non-competitive and competitive sides of the communities in the past year, that it's leaning me away from Smash Bros. as a whole.

TL;DR - This tier list sucks, and Smash Bros. has the most toxic and ignorant communities I've ever seen (except you guys).

On the bright side, I hope you all enjoy the new characters coming Wednesday/Thursday. I'm also looking forward to the new balance patch. I wonder if it will be the last one? Regardless, give Ganondorf a better grab please (if you can give Bowser a combo throw, you can give one to Ganon too.)

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Gridatttack

@CapeSmash: I main Shulk and I never have said that. Where are you getting that info? If said users who is a Shulk 'main' complains about how unfun he is, then he does not main Shulk.

I main Shulk because I like its playstyle and I have a lot of fun playing as him. You can't say you hate a character you main because otherwise you wouldn't 'main' it.

I think his placing is low though. Shulk has favorable matchups on many higher ranked that him. You say my info is biased because I main said character? Well I go to tourneys regularly and I play against good people who main characters ranked higher than him.

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

LordJumpMad

CapeSmash wrote:

Smash Bros. has the most toxic and ignorant communities

Welcome to every fighting game community. Ignorance comes with the package.
StreetFighter also have a few rotten eggs but it doesn't stop them from playing, and picking who they like to main.
Player picking the better fighter in games has been a thing since the beginning, there even a book on it called "Playing to win". Talks about exploiting the games flaws to help you win. If a character is broken, you break it as much as you can, if it gets you the win.

Every fighting game has this flaw, there never a balance.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

ZanderShepherd

I tend to ignore the tier lists. I think they're fun to look at, just to see where your main ranks, but I do believe every character is good in the right hands. Zelda may be the worst and Sheik the best, but I have both completely wrecked Sheiks and gotten my butt kicked by Zeldas. It's all about the player, not the character. My mains aren't ranked particularly high. Peach is doing fine, in 19th, but Palutena is in 50th, and Wii Fit Trainer (my absolute main) is only in 39th. But they still are my favourites, and I tend to win most when I use them. I think tiers are just a fun little thing to notice on the side, but of course they don't make up everything. Just look at ZeRo playing Shulk and you'll know.

ZanderShepherd

CapeSmash

@Gridatttack I'm mainly referring to competitive players. /r/smashbros started a bandwagon that Shulk is one of the worst characters in the game, because he was "overrated on voted tier lists", and Shulk mains on the site started calling him trash because of said bandwagon. Shulk may not be super great, but Reddit acts like he's the worst character in the game, it's annoying.

@Poketendo I agree. I think tier lists should just be a thing on the side, and shouldn't be the determining factor when deciding a character to play. They can be useful, but I think people take them way too seriously. I feel that Ganondorf is possibly viable (great power, reads, clutch-factor, edge-guarding), but since the "Ganondorf is one of the worst characters in the game!" bandwagon started, people are going to stay away from playing as Ganon in tournaments because of said bandwagon. There was this one user on Reddit that said Ganon was" the worst character in the game", and one of the reasons they listed was that he had "a bad edge-guarding game", even though it's one of his strengths. I feel if tier lists didn't exist, then people would be more open to playing certain characters more.

@LordJumpMad The Smash communities won't stop me from playing either, but I'm really fed up with them. It's more than a "few rotten eggs" too, they're everywhere. I go to Reddit, I see ignorance. I go to YouTube, I see ignorance, toxicity, and flame wars. I go to Twitter, I see toxicity. I go to any other site, I see ignorance. You can't escape it. It's everywhere.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

GrizzlyArctos

Anyone know what time the dlc will be released in the UK tomorrow? I don't want to be optimistic and hope that it's midnight.

Yes, I like bears.

Shinion

@GrizzlyArctos: I think the eShop updates come into effect at 2pm. Not sure if this DLC is different though, I wouldn't imagine it would be much later than that.

Shinion

GrizzlyArctos

@TheLastLugia: I thought it might have been the normal eshop time, but I wanted to check anyway. Thanks!

Yes, I like bears.

Grumblevolcano

@GrizzlyArctos: Given that it's being released in the afternoon of today in west coast of the US (shown by the NoA tweet), 1am UK time seems likely. Nintendo's not going to delay the release of the DLC in Europe by about 12 hours.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MegaMari0

I'm not looking forward to the new characters. Reason being EVERYONE is trying them online. It happened with all the DLC characters so far. It takes quite literally weeks before all the testing dies down. So I'm gonna sit out Smash bros for a little while until all this blows over. Then I'm gonna watch some montage/guide videos that will inevitably be put on youtube in regards to Corrin and Bayonetta. That way I'm not destroyed online by those who are actually good with the new characters.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

TeeJay

@MegaMari0: Online isn't the only mode the game has, I mean you can always just practice against level 9 CPUs and amiibo if you have any while you wait.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic