Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 27,917

SCRAPPER392

Maybe Toad will be announced. I know Peach has her "shield" Toad move, but blue spotted Toad could show up, because of 3D World. It's not like Toad is an unknown character.

Characters for consideration are usually the most recognizable.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Wheeler

I'll pick Black Shadow. But... Samurai Goroh does have a better chance.

Wheeler

SheldonRandoms

I would like somebody else from F-Zero to join Captain Falcon in the next Smash Bros., even if the Blue Falcon has to become a playable character.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Snagrio

I've never played an F-Zero game, so I wouldn't know who to pick.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Pootypie

Captain Falcon wasn't at the Brawl right?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Orngeblu

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Link's downward strike was designed to change to a Meteor Smash when the tip of the sword is aligned just right at the start. However, it will be removed if it's deemed too powerful overall after some multiplayer play tests."

Although I don't think only a meteor smash Dair for Link is enough to balance him. They might've done more to him already, like knockback that we don't know about, or this is just a start, but whatever. And trying to pull off that meteor smash would be really risky...

But what I said about character balancing, now I believe Sakurai and am a little more hyped now, lol. I SEE IT NOW! He truly is trying.

I really hope we don't get mindless nerfs/buffs throughout patches (assuming we'll get patches) though, assuming they'll listen to Smash 4 players on Miiverse complaining about how they find certain characters to be OP, when they really aren't, just because they struggle with a match up or what not.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Wheeler

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Link's downward strike was designed to change to a Meteor Smash when the tip of the sword is aligned just right at the start. However, it will be removed if it's deemed too powerful overall after some multiplayer play tests."

What?! Link needed a good spike! His only spike was his down strong attack when someone is being a edge-hogger. There nerfing Link again.

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

Orngeblu

ShadowFox254 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

What?! Link needed a good spike! His only spike was his down strong attack when someone is being a edge-hogger. There nerfing Link again.

Down Smash? I don't understand how this is a nerf though. If anything it gives him a little more oomph.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Wheeler

@Orngeblu: No. This one.
Untitled
Link's attacks have low K.O. potential when he was in Brawl; Forward Smash until the 2nd hit, Up Smash, Spin Attack (the only exception was his Down Smash). Hell, even Toon Link is better than Link.

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

cookiex

How do we know they're nerfing him when the game is far from finished still?

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Wheeler

cookiex wrote:

By removing the spike.

Wheeler

DreamyViridi

ShadowFox254 wrote:

cookiex wrote:

By removing the spike.

You mean by removing the Down Air spike he never had 'til now?
That wouldn't be nerfing him.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Orngeblu

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Untitled
Link's attacks have low K.O. potential when he was in Brawl; Forward Smash until the 2nd hit, Up Smash, Spin Attack (the only exception was his Down Smash). Hell, even Toon Link is better than Link.

Yeah, that's Down Tilt. I actually almost forgot his Dtilt could spike. .-. They haven't said anything about removing any of his spikes, except for the new Dair spike they just added, which they said they might remove after some testing, to see if it's too powerful or not.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Wheeler

Orngeblu wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Untitled

Yeah, that's Down Tilt. I actually almost forgot his Dtilt could spike. .-. They haven't said anything about removing any of his spikes, except for the new Dair spike they just added, which they said they might remove after some testing, to see if it's too powerful or not.

I know. But with that logic they should remove Ganondorf's, then. His Meteor Smash is the most powerful. But who knows.

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

LeVideoGamer

I'm glad that they're giving Link's moves new properties. I'm nowhere near a competitive Smash player, but even I can see that he needs to improve.

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/vgm/4237975235.html
Wii U owners in London, please check it out!

Pootypie

I never really liked to play as Link

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

DestinyMan wrote:

What WarioWare newcomer would you like to see?
Kat & Ana
Untitled
Mona
Untitled
Ashley
Untitled
I would be happy with any WarioWare character, but I prefer Kat and Ana because they’re my favorite WarioWare characters and they were the only ones from the series to physically appear in Brawl.

I'm not really interested in any of them

Pootypie

DreamyViridi

I remember in Melee when Wario, Meta Knight and King Dedede were mere trophies. Then they became playable in Brawl. So following that logic, if any WarioWare characters were to become playable now; Kat & Ana would be the newcomers. Mona has potential to be playable too with her several jobs making for useful and varied attack moves. I don't see the appeal for Ashley.

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

LeVideoGamer

@DestinyMan None of them. I don't think Wario needs another rep.

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/vgm/4237975235.html
Wii U owners in London, please check it out!

DreamyViridi

@DestinyMan - Exactly, my trophies concept is what has me thinking for Smash 4 newcomers. I have a couple in mind but I won't say them yet. My lack of appeal for Ashley is because I can't think of moves for her. She doesn't do very much, I mean yeah, she's popular and all that hocus-pocus but what can she do that's from the games? I don't think she'd work playable-wise.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic