Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 27,341 to 27,360 of 27,917

yokokazuo

@Randomname19 kind of doubt it, but it would be nice. (How does Pit not remember Lucas?)

Not related, but just a drawing someone I follow posted.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Eel

Well, at least he was acknowledged and you can dress your mii like him.

Many many other characters that people wanted are not represented in any way at all.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LadyCharlie

@WaveGhoul: I'm 30 (definitely not a Youngling) and I like Fire Emblem.
Nobody loves Fire Emblem more than Sakurai though...

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

Pootypie

WaveGhoul wrote:

Bayonetta is nice addition, sort of....But I personally would of been much more happy with Simon Belmont, Bill Rizer(contra) Or Arthur from Ghosts 'n Goblins as a 3rd party(ish) character...

And coren?.....Blugh, another sword flailing anime character that once again resides from Fire Emblem, a series that most younglings connect with. What a waste of a slot, but at least he seems a little more interesting and somewhat unique than the other FE smash bros characters.

ok i dont even know who the characters you mentioned are

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

TeeJay

WaveGhoul wrote:

And coren?.....Blugh, another sword flailing anime character that once again resides from Fire Emblem, a series that most younglings connect with. What a waste of a slot, but at least he seems a little more interesting and somewhat unique than the other FE smash bros characters.

You didn't even bother to spell the name right.

I was about to give you a piece of my mind, but then you acknowledged that he was a unique character compared to the rest of the FE cast, so I don't see what the problem is here. If they play uniquely and look fun there should be no issue.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

LadyCharlie

@TheGreatLord: You've made me feel ancient

LadyCharlie

Rumorlife

I would have liked to see some Castlevania stage or character but I'm not in the least bit surprised nothing happened. That would have required bringing in Konami. They're not involved in this game, pfft or really any other console game now and for a while.

Rumorlife

CapeSmash

Morpheel wrote:

Well, at least he was acknowledged and you can dress your mii like him.

Many many other characters that people wanted are not represented in any way at all.

This. While I'm very upset that he didn't make it in as a playable character, at least Sakurai acknowledged his popularity, and added him in as a very nice looking Mii costume. It's probably the most detailed Mii costume, and it's based on the Rareware design, and not his ugly new design. That makes me think K. Rool was the runner-up of the ballot (or at least the most requested Nintendo newcomer), and that's why he's a costume. If he wasn't either of those, then I'm sure they would've chose someone else highly requested as a Mii costume instead.

I feel bad for Isaac supporters though. They got NOTHING this game. No trophy, no assist trophy, no stage, no Mii costume, and no playable character. Sakurai should have made an entire Mii costume wave dedicated to highly requested characters (lol). But I think that would be difficult to do, as 70% of the characters voted in the ballot were probably third-parties, especially the top 10 maybe.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

UGXwolf

@TheGreatLord To make it short, Bill Rizer is the main character in Contra, Simon Belmont is the main character in Castlevania, and Artgur is the main character in Ghosts N' Goblins.

Problem is, two of these are Konami characters. And after what happened between Konami and Kojima, I'd be surprised if Sakurai even considered working with them.

As for Arthur, nothing was (or is) barring him from entry. I just don't think he was even remotely popular enough of a pick. Besides, Ryu and Mega Man represent Capcom well enough.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Pootypie

TeeJay wrote:

WaveGhoul wrote:

I was about to give you a piece of my mind, but then you acknowledged that he was a unique character compared to the rest of the FE cast, so I don't see what the problem is here. If they play uniquely and look fun there should be no issue.

would you say that for King K Rool?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

yokokazuo

@AlternateButtons haha, that's rather strange.
I wonder if it has to do with Greninja being on top of those blocks when in the Final Smash perhaps?

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

NintendoFan64

Anyone else curious as to who the runners-up for the ballot were? I honestly wanna know.
@CapeSmash @Morpheel That's a nice way of looking at it. The costume is a nice little consolation prize for those who wanted him in. Also, poor Golden Sun fans...
@NintyMan Y'know, that's part of what I love about the ballot. Nintendo saw a lot of requests for characters from the fans, so they'll probably notice that they want to see more of certain characters and perhaps even put them into more games (or, at the very least, take them into consideration with Smash 5).

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

TeeJay

TheGreatLord wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

WaveGhoul wrote:

would you say that for King K Rool?

Well, ya got me on the not bothering to spell his name right part, cause I recently started calling him K Tool.

However, if he had been picked for the Smash ballot I would have been hugely disappointed, yes, but I wouldn't have called him a "waste of a slot" or whatever. I would have simply, (gasp), not bought him.

Cause I hate him. And I don't want him in my game. And I'd be grateful that he was at least optional, being DLC, so I could safey ignore him.

I'd be forced to fight him online however and that would irk me. But it's not like I'd have a choice in the matter.

Edited on by TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

@WaveGhoul: I can't take your complaints about adding characters people don't know about serioualy when you keep suggesting whoever this Mike Jones person is from what this Star Tropics is. It's actually hilarious.

Rexcalibr

I kind of wish they would add the Inklings instead of this new Fire Emblem character. I feel like there are too many sword fighters in the game now.

Rexcalibr

LadyCharlie

WaveGhoul wrote:

@TeeJay:
throwing in 6 FE characters is ridiculous, especially coming from a franchise that doesn't have the mass popularity of something like Mario or Zelda, especially outside of japan.

I want to know why it's fair that Fire Emblem (a series that spent half it's life as a Japan only series AND almost faced cancellation) gets SIX characters representing...
and Zelda - one of Nintendos longest running, most beloved franchises - gets less than that (with five slots)?

I get that Sakurai loves Fire Emblem. Whoop-di-do, good for him.
But when that fandom causes a dev to say "let's put in characters I like, instead of characters the game players might like," that's kind of a problem. Not enough to make me throw away my Wii U, but enough to make me say "you know, maybe think of something other than your Fire Emblem fetish?"

Edited on by LadyCharlie

LadyCharlie

Gridatttack

@CharlieSmile: You mentioned it. If you want to rage, rage at Sakurai (He even said he thought it would be cool to add someone from the new FE game).

But raging on the series or the character shows how childish people are. And remember, Sakurai's logic is different from others. I too would have wanted another Zelda or Metroid rep.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

LadyCharlie

Gridatttack wrote:

@CharlieSmile: But raging on the series or the character shows how childish people are.

Except I'm not "raging."
I'm criticizing, yes. But I'm not raging.
Like I said, this isn't enough to make me throw away my Wii U or anything, but it's worth pointing out.
I will still avoid the FE DLC, and I will still play Smash Bros a few times a week.
But I can still criticize the less appealing aspects of something I enjoy, while still enjoying the overall package.

LadyCharlie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic