Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 27,141 to 27,160 of 27,917

cookiex

NintyMan wrote:

Weird how I was thinking of Medusa when the Bayonetta trailer started...

I kinda assumed Hades at first...

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Pootypie

I don't even get how she got first considering Bayonetta 2 didn't even reach one million sales. How does that even make sense???

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

DreamyViridi

Heh heh, look like some salt's already started. I can't say I care too much for Corrin but hey, it's just another Roy case. Corrin's most likely just to promote Fates and that's OK with me. As for Bayonetta; the trailer faked me out and that hurt (for obvious reasons)... Don't really care for her games but she looks cool and it's an interesting thought that someone like her is, in a way, part of the Nintendo family.

I'll definitely need to sleep over this; it'll be nice to wake up to Cloud in the morning.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Chaoz

I TOLD YOU ALL.
BUT YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME.
YOU JUST LAUGHED AT MY FACE
MAHAHAHAHAHA

Untitled
Please don't kill me, I'm just joking fam

Edited on by Chaoz

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

Pootypie

There were two remaining slots like in the file. So we did assume there were going to be 2 ballot characters but one of the two slots were to be for Sakurai's choice apparently.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Dave24

@Bigtime: I can say the same, but not about Bayonetta but Corrin. 6 FE cahracters. WHEN IS ENOUGH?

Dave24

SuperPokefan95

That was very good Broadcast. I am glad Cloud will be available later today. He was the only fighter that got me to tear up and scream to the heavens when he was revealed. Kamui, (I'm not using Corrin because it sounds awful just like that english dub) was really unexpected. Of all the reveals we've gotten, I think his was probably the weakest. Mainly because their game isn't out in the west, (unless you spoiled if for yourself than there you go) and I was pretty sure their reception as characters was pretty weak. Oh well. I guess I'll have to put up with more english voice acting (and no I don't mind english voice acting, but this sounds so over the top and uninspired that it is a pain to listen too). I also wonder what his amiibo would do in if. Probably let you insert your own MU into it and tap it on someone else's game so they get you or something. Bayonetta was pretty cool. I knew not to trust any charts or things saying who was voted for the most. She looks pretty fun to play as. I don't think she'll be a pain to fight with her projectile game but I use a characters with a reflect so . The Geno mii fighter outfit had me laughing for a bit. I know a lot of people are going to be salty over that one. Overall, this was good. Nothing amazing though. Very happy that we've gotten so many DLC fighters to an already huge cast of fighters. I was admittedly hoping for Ice Climbers and Wolf (I'd choose them over Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario any day btw) but whatever. I am also curious to see how flooded the shop will get later today.

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95 | Twitter:

MasterWario

@NintyMan: I'm pretty sure King K. Rool, or whoever was up in the no. 1-3 spot globally didn't get in because of this:
Untitled
Among realizable characters
That being said, not upset at Bayonetta getting in, just the lack of a fighter I actually care about. I didn't think Rool was gonna get in but no Isaac is upsetting, thought he had a real shot.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

veeflames

LOL... I was thinking Viridi too, but Palutena's choice of words kinda suggested otherwise. Think about if, if it were really Viridi, Wouldn't Palutena be more informal instead of the "Another opponent is approaching" remark she gave Pit?
But eh, we know it's Bayonetta now.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

NintendoFan64

Alright, Bayonetta was definitely surprising! Corren was also surprising, but also...eh. I'll give him a try, but...eh. Anyways, good direct. If I'm going to be honest, I am a LITTLE dissapointed that K Rool didn't got in (Please be in Smash 5, please be in Smash 5!), but whatever. The people have spoken in the ballot, so...yeah. Anyways, looks like this is the end of dlc...and Smash 4-related news in general...to be completely honest, I'm a little sad right now. These past couple of years of being hyped have been amazing. I remember getting a wide grin when we got that first trailer in 2013. I remember getting excited when Megaman got in. I remember going "Wait, WHAT!?" at Wii Fit Trainer. I remember the excitement burning deep inside me in anticipation of the first Smash direct. I remember getting angry when the ESRB leak happened. I remember when dlc became a thing, and MEWTWOOOOO!!!!. I remember getting angry AGAIN with the Roy/Ryu leak (At least now I won't have to deal with people leaking everything...). And I remember watching every Nintendo Direct, hoping that there would be some Smash 4 news at some point. Gentlemen...it's been fun...but now, the Smash 4 Hype Train has reached the station...now for the Smash 5 Hype Train! CHOO CHOO! K ROOL FOR SMASH NX!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

nuts

There was no Virtual Console!

nuts

Nintendo Network ID: nuts

CapeSmash

YAY! NO NINTENDO NEWCOMERS!! /s (Fire Emblem doesn't freaking count, he looks cool though.)

I'm... I'm... speechless. I guess I'll main King K. Rool Mii Brawler now.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

MasterWario

@NintyMan: I think non-realizable just means Sakurai couldn't think of a moveset or couldn't get licensing rights (or just flat out didn't want the character in, as I think is the case with K. Rool)

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

cookiex

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

faint

@Jason723: more Nintendo owners bought Bayonetta than shovel knight and shante combined tho. Also platnium is widely loved across the big three even though the sales don't show it. I'm sure some non Nintendo fans voted for her as well. I personally voted for her but never thought she would make it. I have picked up just about every console for the last three gens just so I can play clover/platnium games so I'm very happy for them.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

IceClimbers

SO HYPED FOR BAYONETTA!!! Looks really fun to play. Also, laughed at Corrin as it's a sixth Fire Emblem character, but at least this one is quite unique and not a Marth clone. That being said, Corrin also looks Mega Rayquaza levels of OP. That move where he/she impales the character and you get to choose what to do from there looks particularly broken.

Also, is the falling clock tower stage possibly legal? Didn't seem to be any stage hazards. If so, then awesome! Midgar is banned as hell though haha.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Joeynator3000

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

LOL... I was thinking Viridi too, but Palutena's choice of words kinda suggested otherwise. Think about if, if it were really Viridi, Wouldn't Palutena be more informal instead of the "Another opponent is approaching" remark she gave Pit?
But eh, we know it's Bayonetta now.

The moment it showed the moon I'm like "Wait, ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

I have to admit my first thought when the bayonetta trailer started was "ugh another sakurai character" (I immediately assumed it would be a KI character).

So I was pleasantly surprised.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic