Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 27,001 to 27,020 of 27,917

LzWinky

Untitled

It's that time again!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tsuchinoko

Rogersbase (a former Nintendo employee who has a large twitter following) predicted Wolf, Snake, either K. Rool or Dixie, and Banjo Kazooie. I want all of them honestly, but I really don't think we're getting more than Cloud plus the two open slots.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

CapeSmash

This may sound cruel, but I kind of don't want to see Inklings and Wolf this Tuesday. Simply being that I think that they're way too predictable. Pretty much everyone that speculates think that Wolf and Inklings are shoo-ins. So if they got in, no one would be surprised. Sakurai is all about surprises, so do you think he would add such "safe" characters? I'm sure people would be very happy to see them in the game, but I don't think a single soul would be surprised if they got in.

Also, does anyone else think that the Inklings are unlikely? Remember what Sakurai said recently about how if Awakening was released a few months later, Robin and Lucina probably wouldn't make it in? Sakurai probably started planning character DLC in late 2014 (Mewtwo was revealed October 2014, so it's not far fetched). Let's say he started planning in September 2014. Splatoon didn't come out until very late May 2015. That's an 8 month gap. Some may say that they could've developed them later on after Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu, but here's the thing. Sakurai plans all the characters (such as the ones I have just mentioned) all at once. He doesn't go, "Okay, Mewtwo's done. Who's the next character we should add to the game?" It doesn't work like that . So that makes me think they're not pre-ballot. Although, that's probably want they did after they got done with the 4 already released DLC characters, due to the ballot and all that. But that's a different case. The Mii costumes and trophy also point to them not being in development at the time. If they somehow do get into the game, then it's because they're ballot characters, and NOT pre-ballot.

Speaking of the Inklings and the ballot, I think it would be pretty weird if they were a ballot character. I'm pretty sure they would advertise the ballot character(s) as a "fan favorite", or something along those lines. I think they're way too new to be given the whole "fan favorite" status. They seem like a character they would add in as pre-ballot and/or to advertise Splatoon and all that. But I've brought up some points in the previous paragraph that make that pretty unlikely.

So yeah. Does anyone think the things I've brought up hurt their chances at all? I think so. It's kind of weird saying that they're unlikely, since everyone and their mother are expecting them. But like I said, what does everyone else think about this? I'm curious to know...

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Pootypie

Inklings are a possibility but I don't see it happening... We should just wait for tomorrow.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie
I don't understand how this happened. I watched it like 10 times and I am still confused...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

DreamyViridi

@CapeSmash: A bit harsh... but I definitely understand what you mean. Although I think Cloud was the "wild card" and I don't think Wolf or Inklings have less of a chance due to being "safe". There will be surprises (if they don't get leaked); but you just have to hope that said shockers will be pleasant for you.

@TheGreatLord: I see what happened there. Doesn't make it any less funny though!

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Grumblevolcano

@CapeSmash: The problem with your logic is assuming the past DLC characters were not "safe" ones. The surprise regarding Mewtwo, Roy and Lucas wasn't due to it being those characters but rather the fact DLC was actually happening. Mewtwo was a case of confirmed as purchase both versions bonus but was then confirmed 1st April to be the start of a large wave of DLC. As an actual character it's safe because of being a Melee veteran. Same logic can be applied to Roy and Lucas (Melee veteran and Brawl veteran). The only not "safe" picks so far are Ryu and Cloud.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

@CapeSmash: I know this is going to sound weird this close to the direct, but in my opinion you're thinking about and trying to deconstruct it to much.

veeflames

@TheGreatLord: LOL... Smash can be a very weird game. I'm guessing Mac's KO punch was "countered" by Mega Man's grab at just the right time, transferring the momentum towards the latter and sending both of them to the edge of the stage. How the very last thing happened I honestly don't know...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

UGXwolf

I may be a bit biased, here, but I really think Wolf is near guaranteed. They haven't had a single character DLC update that dodn't include a veteran so far, and my guess is that's in order to present as many characters as possible in as little time as possible, since much of their data already exists, anyways.

Unless Cloud is coming alone, Wolf is the only veteran left that could be coming with him unless Smash Team worked a miracle on Ice Climbers or bit their lips to get Konami to work with them. As for the other unique character, if they're from the ballot, they won't likely be a surprise, anyways, but then that begs the question: was the ballot essentially over months before it ended, or will we be seeing another set sometime early next year to end it all out?

Either way, I definitely think Cloud was the big surprise here. But I'm looking forward to whatever Sakurai has in store.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Smash_kirby

I would just like to see more Golden Sun representation, even I Isaac returns as an assist trophy.

Smash_kirby

KO-Cub

Is there a countdown timer somewhere for this direct?

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

IceClimbers

To be honest, any character that's a result of the ballot isn't a massive surprise, simply because it was from the ballot. King K Rool, Inkling, Isaac, Rayman, etc. The only one that could be surprising is Banjo, only because that means they did actually work with Microsoft beyond Minecraft.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano: It's not "another" maintenance actually. They changed the time for that first one.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tsuchinoko

Untitled

LzWinky

Untitled

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eat_Pie

You guys ready for that Goku announcement?

Eat_Pie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic