Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,941 to 26,960 of 27,917

mrgreen9705

I'm thinking about wishing for Super Smash Bros for Christmas, thing is I have never played any of it's installments. The only fighting game I own is street fighter 2 and I really like it. I also like competitive games in general. It's just that I have not played that much fighting games especially in resent years.
Would you recommend it for someone like me?

mrgreen9705

Nintendo Network ID: mrgreen9705

Undead_terror

@mrgreen9705: Tons of characters/stages, can play competitively, don't have to remember big combo inputs, unique fighting system, I would recommend a lot!, however it's up to you if you want the portable version or the fancy home version...OR BOTH!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Dave24

@mrgreen9705: YES! Definietly! I personally didn't like Smash at all, but 4 is really great game for newbies and hardcores alike! Even my fiance enjoys it, and she doesn't like playing games like that much. Smash 4 is actually the best out there if it comes to difficulty - it's easy to learn, but hard as nails to master. To me it's perfect ballance of difficulty right there. Also there are many characters, most of the unique and there is no need for you to bring on the legendary notebook or sheet with all the combos for characters, because the "combo" system is so simple it's ingenius how fun and awesome it is to play.
I say go for it, you won't regret it.

Edited on by Dave24

Dave24

Pootypie

You should get it. You wouldn't regret getting it at all, you don't have to be hardcore at all to play it. Also you can have fun with your friends even if more than 4 players because there's 8 player smash!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

Undead_terror wrote:

And as I predict I think this is gonna be June update 2.0!

Basically two more characters to be revealed? I think that actually is possible, they are trying to do like before. Have a character announced, talk more about that character then reveal the next two. I just really... really... REALLY hope the direct doesn't get leaked, even though I might not be able to watch it live I still don't want it leaked. I just wish leakers can keep all these stupid leaks to themselves. I wonder how surprised I would have been if the whole roster wasn't leaked as well as Ryu not being leaked... Would have been so much better if you ask me.

Anyways I think it's possible for two more characters to be revealed, but I won't count on it.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Randomname19

If the do reveal two characters I hope that they are totally new,not veterans(like Mewtwo) or new characters with an old moveset(like Lucina).

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Pootypie

Randomname19 wrote:

If the do reveal two characters I hope that they are totally new,not veterans(like Mewtwo) or new characters with an old moveset(like Lucina).

It seems like Cloud share moves with some characters though

Pootypie

Gridatttack

I hope the updates doesn't comes too early, so data miners wont be able to spoil them.

Also, I need to get an eShop card to prepare...

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Randomname19

@TheGreatLord: You're right,but almost all of his moves are new,Lucina's moves are all slightly different versions of Marh's.

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

UGXwolf

@Grumblevolcano: Actually, I think having Mii costumes for Microsoft characters that fit Smash less would be amazing. Just imagine a Mii Gunner running around in John's armor. It'd be pretty cool, actually. I would absolutely encourage that kind of trade deal.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

@Randomname19: I think that's a bit unrealistic to hope for. New and unique characters take a lot of work and I can't imagine Cloud's few moves that were taken straight from Ike made him take THAT much less time. I think a veteran is inevitable, if we're getting three characters, next week (and God, I hope that's the case because Wolf is essentially the only veteran left with a large fanbase, that wasn't a joke character, and isn't marred with technical or legal difficulties.) I don't know if we'll get a ballot character, though. They may announce the ballot results with promises that these will be the final characters added to the game sometime next year.

As for who else could be coming alongside Cloud? I mean, I wouldn't mind Snake returning, and if they could get Ice Climbers to work, that'd be a miracle. I could also see K. Rool's early popularity in the polls making him an early ballot pick. I could also see the same for Inklings, and to some extent, Shovel Knight. I guess my personal picks are Cloud, Wolf, and Inklings, should we get three characters, next week. Also, my wallet hurts thinking about all this.

Ooh, you know what else would be awesome? Banjo-Kazooie in Smash. I'd take that in a heartbeat! Maybe they got picked from the ballot? Here's hoping!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano: So with that maintenance, I assume we should probably stay away from the internet/social media to avoid potential Smash leaks?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoFan64

@IceClimbers I'm sure Sakurai learned his lesson, but still...you can never be too sure...

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Smash_kirby

Optimus Prime, I am calling him getting into smash in some wacky way. In all seriousness I would like to see Isaac or Matthew, and if they announce Matthew they should use the emoticons that he uses in the game instead of speech.

Smash_kirby

-Green-

3 Days until the Final right?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic