Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,901 to 26,920 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

@Gridatttack: There's a few things to consider:

• There's probably a large group of people who only voted via the ballot and not in any of those unofficial polls.
  • The ballot is just a suggestion box, just because something gets a huge number of votes doesn't mean it'll get picked (imagine if Shrek was the overall winner for example)
  • Does the ballot have some way of identifying whether you've voted already? If not then a small group of people will most likely spam the request page with a certain character to guarantee a certain character winning the most votes (think about Steve from Minecraft)

I'm neutral on K Rool (actually prefer the Snowmads as a main enemy than the Kremlings, Tropical Freeze is my favourite DKC game) but I wouldn't complain if he got in as good on the fans. That logic does reach its boundaries though when we start to consider joke characters like Steve (I'd much rather see Shrek than Steve in Smash).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

Assuming Steve would be a joke character and not an actual popular character representing a gaming franchise loved by millions.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Gridatttack

@NintendoFan64: Actually, DLC characters are in the game, you just cant access them, and other people can use it online :v

I suppose I'm a bit biased though, as I hate how heavyweights play in this game (except for DK)

@Grumblevolcano: true, I wonder if nintendo just used the ballot as a sampling, rather as a serious thing, because it could be easily rigged. And yeah, I would prefer someone else from the DK series, but unsure who though.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Tsuchinoko

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

But well... If he gets added, I don't really need to buy him, so I wouldn't care.

...I like you. This is something that people who don't like certain characters getting in need to remember: If you don't want the character in, than just don't buy it! There! Now that character will never be in your game!
@Gridatttack I'd be lying if I said that wasn't one of the main reason I want him in, but there's also a couple others: lack of villain characters, he'd be fun to play as, and there is a disturbing lack of pirates in Smash...

It would have to be really serious for to NOT buy a character.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Eel

It's not like smash includes some sort of contract that says you must buy all the DLC, it's not something to worry about.

Bloop.

Tsuchinoko

Im curious. Are there characters that you specifically would NOT buy?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Undead_terror

Hitler maybe.....maybe.....jk (not like that would happen anyways : P), I'm fine with anything to be honest, just to get some more unique content and such, there is only a couple characters I want however I'm fine if they added a character if I know little about, I will try them out and see if they are fun to use, heck I even want some certain mii outfits so I can make some mii's I been wanting to make like boxing gear so I can make my Gabby Jay mii into a actual boxer instead of wearing the C Falcon outfit.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Eel

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I dunno, I'm about as much of a sheep when it comes to Smash Bros as everyone else.

But, for example, let's say K Rool or some other "meh I don't care" character gets released... While I wouldn't completely rule out purchasing them eventually (after all, it's not like I'm boycotting them or anything, and I may some day play with someone who wants to use them), I wouldn't go and buy them immediately. It would be a waste of my money since I don't particularly plan or want to play as them.

Bloop.

IceClimbers

Morpheel wrote:

It's not like smash includes some sort of contract that says you must buy all the DLC, it's not something to worry about.

Wait... We're not contractually obliged to buy all of the DLC?!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

CapeSmash

Gridatttack wrote:

K rool is an uninteresting character

I'm going to quote what I said two pages ago.

"He could use his crown as a boomerang, use his bludderbust to shoot out spiked-balls, ice, and it can even inhale things in. He could also turn invisible, use lighting to attack, make boulders rain from the ceiling, and fly around with the chopper thing he used in DKC3. So yeah. He would be VERY different from the other heavyweights."

SO uninteresting, am I right?

Gridatttack wrote:

I can't think of a reason of people wanting him other than a third DK character.

Didn't me and two other people already explain why people wanted him in on the previous page? You apparently didn't see it, so I'm going to recap why people want him in (again):

• Another DK character, as you mentioned
  • Heavyweight
  • Villain
  • He would offer something unique and interesting to the roster.
  • He's crazy, a psychopath, a king, a mad scientist , and a pirate. That's perfect for Smash.

Gridatttack wrote:

The only prop he ever had was on that lulz cartoon.

Are you serious or just being ignorant? I'm going to requote myself again:

"He could use his crown as a boomerang, use his bludderbust to shoot out spiked-balls, ice, and it can even inhale things in. He could also turn invisible, use lighting to attack, make boulders rain from the ceiling, and fly around with the chopper thing he used in DKC3. So yeah. He would be VERY different from the other heavyweights."

Gridatttack wrote:

The sad thing is, apparently K rool was winning the ballot in many surveys :/

Good, that means a lot of people want him in, and for good reasons. He isn't a bandwagon character or anything like that. All of his support is 100% honest.

It's your opinion that you don't want him in, and I'm not forcing you to want him in. But some of the things you said were flat out wrong, so I had to reply. (The only prop King K. has is from the DKC cartoon? What!?)

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Pootypie

TeeJay wrote:

I'm so sick of reading the name K Rool. I just wish he would go away.

I really REALLY don't like him.

Looks like there may be the first dlc character you won't download... I won't get my hopes up though

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Gridatttack

@CapeSmash:
You are taking this way to seriously lol. I just dont get the appeal, even with the points you made, which are just your opinions too :v (Minus the chance that he has to be an unique character)

If he does truly gets in somehow (face it, his chance died with the mii costume :>), I will first have to try and see how it plays, because Sakurai can make good stuff. Right now I am stating how I think of it, and there's no confirmation he is in, so I can state that :>

Oh, and the cartoon thing isperhaps the only thing where I sort of liked K rool, due to how silly it was in gerenal

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.

Pootypie

Gridatttack wrote:

@CapeSmash:
You are taking this way to seriously lol. I just dont get the appeal, even with the points you made, which are just your opinions too :v (Minus the chance that he has to be an unique character)

If he does truly gets in somehow (face it, his chance died with the mii costume :>), I will first have to try and see how it plays, because Sakurai can make good stuff. Right now I am stating how I think of it, and there's no confirmation he is in, so I can say all that :>

Oh, and the cartoon thing is, is perhaps the only thing where I sort of liked K rool, due to how silly it was

The mii costume does not deconfirm anything. If it actually did then why are characters like Falcon, Samus, and Meta Knight in the game? You are just being waaaayyyy to hopeful that he won't get into the game. It's more likely that he will get into the game than not.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Gridatttack

@TheGreatLord: Yeah, I know the mii costume doesn't de-confirms K rool, I'm just messing around, hence the ":>".

I suppose we will have to wait the 15th.

Though, now that I think about it, I rather have K rool than another series that already have enough representation (Mario, FE, Pokemon)

Edited on by Gridatttack

jump

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Goku, Shadow The Hedgehog and Shrek!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

IceClimbers

I'd buy any character.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Pootypie

I would buy any character even if it is Cory Baxter. I mean imagine trolling for glory with that guy

Pootypie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic