Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,881 to 26,900 of 27,917

DreamyViridi

...I get the feeling a lot of people here on NL are just gonna end up disappointed after this direct is over...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

NintendoFan64

@IceClimbers Here is a rough estimate of the amount of salt that there will be:
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

00a

Can someone explain why people want King K rool in Smash? But don't say the same thing all King K rool supporters been saying: "He's a classic character that deserves to be playable. The idea for his moveset is limitless due to his constant costume changes." Because if that's true, we might as well add Toad in, because of his constant changes in the franchise.

But seriously, can someone give a real reason why Rool should be in Smash without being blinded by nostalgia?

I know now, without a doubt, Keyloggery is light!
I make stupid videos

nuts

I havent beat any real game King K. Rool appeared in until Dk 64 came out for Virtual Console and then the dkc trilogy and now hes one of the top guys I want in. Hey I like crocodiles (Alright.. there my favorite animal) and hes a pretty cool funny character hes also got a lot of fighting abilitys

Edited on by nuts

nuts

Nintendo Network ID: nuts

IceClimbers

Ohhhhhhh
You better watch vods
You better DI
Better not John,
I'm telling you why:
Sakurai Claus is coming to town (& city)
Heeee's making a tier list
And patching it twice
Gonna find out hoo-ha's broken all right
Samurai Claws is coming to town
He sees you when you're resting
He knows when your timing's late
He knows if you've been ATing
So git gud, for gudness sake!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoFan64

@Lastaofpizza:
-Moveset potential (I know you said not to say that, but c'mon! He's been a crocodile king, a pirate, a scientist, a boxer, and even a baseball player! Surely they can come up with something interesting using all that.)
-DK could use more reps (the fact that DK, one of Nintendo's most important ips, only has two reps is ridiculous!)
-Smash desperately needs more villain characters (Let's see...out of the 56 characters we've got, and taking into account that Wario is more of an anti-hero than a villain, and Dedede's really only been the bad guy in two Kirby games unless I'm mistaken, there are 3, not counting the Koopalings alts...that is ridiculous.)

Edited on by NintendoFan64

Shinion

@NintendoFan64: Potentailly vague spoilers ahead for certain Nintendo games so read at your own risk!!!
Some may say I'm stretching here with one or two of these, but for me having played the games these characters are from Shulk, Dark Pit, Mewtwo, Robin, Duck Hunt and R.O.B (mainly from his initial role in the Subspace Emissary in Brawl) could all also be classed as villains. Maybe.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

CapeSmash

It seems like every month we always get into these discussions about K. Rool. lol. But I'll list some reasons why people want him in. I feel this has been done to death at this point, but I will offer a bit more detail to the subject.

• The DKC series is a very beloved series to many gamers, and is one of Nintendo's most popular franchises. So it's kind of a head scratcher why the DK series only has two character reps. King K. Rool would fill this void. Some might say "Why have King K. and not Dixie?" It's because K. Rool would arguably be more unique than Dixie Kong. Plus he would stand out more than being "another money".
  • He would offer something unique than the other heavyweights, and to the roster in general. There's this misconception that "K. Rool would just be another heavyweight, and possibly a Bowser clone." This is not true. K. Rool would have a variety of things that would set him a part from the other heavyweights. He could use his crown as a boomerang, use his bludderbust to shoot out spiked-balls, ice, and it can even inhale things in. He could also turn invisible, use lighting to attack, make boulders rain from the ceiling, and fly around with the chopper thing he used in DKC3. So yeah. He would be VERY different from the other heavyweights.
  • Smash doesn't have a whole lot of villains. We have Bowser, Bowser Jr., Ganondorf... and Dedede? That's not a lot of villains if you ask me. King K. Rool would once again fill this void.

Those are pretty much the general reasons why people want him in so much. Personally, he's my most wanted newcomer. I really hope he makes it in. I'm not really sure why he's NOT in at this point. The only thing I can see hurting his inclusion, is that he hasn't appeared in a game in over 7 years (not counting his trophy and Mii costume in Wii U/3DS). Oher than that, there's nothing else holding him back. I'm not sure on the Mii costume though. It could mean anything.

Also, I'm pumped for Tuesday. LET'S GOOOO

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

NintendoFan64

@TheLastLugia:
-Shulk: Haven't Xenoblade Chronicles, so I can't say anything...does he do something bad in the end, or what?
-Dark Pit: He's not a villain. He just doesn't like Pit.
-Mewtwo: He's really more of an anti-hero, at the most.
-Robin: Haven't played FE: A, so...no comment.
-Duck Hunt: The duck is nice (as far as I know...he could secretly be a serial killer. Ya never know.), and the dog is just an a$$.
-ROB: ROB is in no way a villain. Yes, he was a major player in the Subspace Emissary, but he felt horrible for what he was doing, and from what I know of Subspace Emissary's story (which the game does a terrible job of explaining, meaning I had to go to the internet), the only reason he was helping in the destruction of the Sash Bros universe was because Tabuu threatened to completely wipe out his race.

Grumblevolcano

@TheLastLugia: I can understand with Robin, ROB and Mewtwo. Can't comment on Shulk but the other 2 characters are definitely not villains at all. Dark Pit is an anti-hero which is very different from a villain and the Duck Hunt Dog's laugh doesn't count as being a villain despite it trolling gigantic numbers of NES owners back in the 80s.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Shinion

@NintendoFan64: yeah I was thinking as broadly and abstractly as I could, especially for R.O.B. Don't worry about Shulk or Robin either, if you'd have played those games you'd know they were really stretching it too. I would be very pleased if K.Rool became a playable character, mainly for that reason as despite having two of the most iconic villains in gaming (Bowser and Ganondorf obviously) there's very little else on a roster of (what will be after Tuesday) well over 50. K.Rool would be an excellent choice of a villain for the other reasons mentioned above as well, throw in Wolf returning and you have a much better (or should that be worse?) look in the roster.

Shinion

Tsuchinoko

@Lastaofpizza: wait, I don't get your question. How do you make a case for any character without being blindsighted by nostalgia or talking about how classic and deserving they are?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

nuts

Haha I think its pretty funny when I see people complain about King K. Rool.

nuts

Nintendo Network ID: nuts

TeeJay

I'm so sick of reading the name K Rool. I just wish he would go away.

I really REALLY don't like him.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Gridatttack

@TeeJay: I'm with you.

K rool is an uninteresting character, and I can't think of a reason of people wanting him other than a third DK character. The only prop he ever had was on that lulz cartoon.

The sad thing is, apparently K rool was winning the ballot in many surveys :/

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Eel

I'm not a K Rool fan either.

I guess it doesn't help that I don't like the games he appears in, to begin with.

But well... If he gets added, I don't really need to buy him, so I wouldn't care.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tsuchinoko

For some reason I think the odds are in Dixie's favor even though K. Rool was leading in ballot polls.

Apparently it went something like:
K. Rool
Isaac
Banjo Kazooie
Wolf
Snake
Inkling
Bandana Dee
Shovel Knight
Paper Mario
Bayonetta

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

NintendoFan64

Morpheel wrote:

But well... If he gets added, I don't really need to buy him, so I wouldn't care.

...I like you. This is something that people who don't like certain characters getting in need to remember: If you don't want the character in, than just don't buy it! There! Now that character will never be in your game!
@Gridatttack I'd be lying if I said that wasn't one of the main reason I want him in, but there's also a couple others: lack of villain characters, he'd be fun to play as, and there is a disturbing lack of pirates in Smash...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic