Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,861 to 26,880 of 27,917

UGXwolf

@Morpheel Actually, I thought about that same thing earlier, today. A fully destructible Minecraft stage would be amazing. I mean, instantly banned, but amazing. Minecraft music wouldn't really make for good battle themes, though. Probably get in, regardless. Probably have some remixes, too.

@Yeahman A lot longer than you think, and animation is only one obstacle they'd have to overcome. Someone beat me to the list of stuff that needs to be done, but essentially, a character with new and unique animations would take a fair amount of time to make.

@DarthNocturnal Well, we know the game has been on Nintendo's list since at the latest, the beginning of November, but even then, there's no reason to assume Sakurai had any knowledge of this, since he's not actually a Nintendo employee. Even if he did know, it may not have occurred to him to do that right away, and at this point, I don't think he has any more surprises that won't be derived from the ballot (though I wouldn't mind being proven wrong). Even then, if he were to start on Steve right now, he'd likely be able to keep the team together for one last character DLC pack after the one we all feel certain is coming, this month. So that doesn't bar him from entry.

On the flip side, I still insist that Steve not being the well-known face of Minecraft hurts his chances. Yes, I realize Minecraft doesn't have a well-known face that would work particularly well as a character. In my opinion, if Minecraft ever gets a rep, it's going to be Steve, but not being the face of Minecraft still hurts his chances.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

KO-Cub

Why does Minecraft stage even have to be a thought when we have Mario Maker stage.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Tsuchinoko

@KO-Cub: I adore everyone in this thread, but Ive been avoiding the conversations lately.

You guys can talk about whatever random characters you want, but anything that is completely unrelated Im just going to tune out.

If you want to talk minecraft or Shantae Im going to tune out.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Grumblevolcano

I think Steve fighter/Minecraft stage could happen but I think different setup is more likely. Something like Banjo's chances being largely improved to due to the better relationship between Nintendo and Microsoft shown by Minecraft Wii U existing. Maybe there's even a deal like Microsoft saying "We will let you have Minecraft for Wii U (and NX) but only if you let Banjo be in Smash." (you could argue the same logic for Square Enix and Cloud, it doesn't seem unrealistic anymore for the FFVII remake to come to NX)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Rexcalibr

I just realized tonight that after the last patch, all my replays that I recorded no longer work and had to be deleted.

Rexcalibr

Jazzer94

Final Smash Direct, honestly happy about this to a degree as I don't think the game needs more.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Undead_terror

Well who knows, they might have more content, butt as said this is just the last direct, they could pop in a character or two in actual directs and such, either way I'M VERY H̶U̶N̶G̶R̶Y̶ HYPED!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

jump

I've got my fingers crossed for Lego Batman, Bayonetta and Resident Evil Licker come the 15th!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

UGXwolf

I know I asked thus before, but I've just completely forgotten. Did anyone actually confirm that this would be the final Smash direct? Or is it just speculation (albeit very reasonable speculation)? Cause I just don't remember any kind of official statement saying this would be the final one, but it DOES seem likely that it's the last Smash-specific broadcast until Smash 5 is on its way, even without any statements backing it up.

Shinion

@arronishere: awww if that's the case then Emmet, Rodin and Dr Salvador won't get in. I prefer those!

Shinion

Grumblevolcano

@UGXwolf: The tweets for the Direct date seemed pretty clear that it was the final one.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

@Grumblevolcano: You're right. I hadn't read that tweet, yet. Nintendo UK seems VERY convinced this is the absolute last Smash broadcast for Smash 4.

Also worth noting is that cryptic mcanswerclue said Cloud would be released on the 16th. And the Direct is on the 16th in Japan.

Edited on by UGXwolf

Pootypie

wow... right before my last exam day... I can't watch it then. Let's just hope it doesn't get leaked? I hope the recent patch doesn't give the possibility of leaks because leaks really do ruin surprises. Now while we are at it...

KING K ROOL!!!!!!!!!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

cookiex

I'm glad it's not on the 16th (in Europe) or 17th since I'll be busy both days (studying for exam on Thursday and seeing Star Wars that evening).

Bring the hype!

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

IceClimbers

KING K ROOL PLEASE!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

I guess it does make more sense to have the Direct next week over this week. If FAST Racing NEO does well then maybe Nintendo will task them with doing a new F-Zero game like how Platinum is working on Star Fox (Platinum proved their potential with Bayonetta 2).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Tsuchinoko

Of course this gets announced at like, midnight in Japan when Im asleep

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Megas75

If Snake actually gets announced there's gonna be so many conflicted feelings

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic