Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,841 to 26,860 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

I dunno. Minecraft really doesn't have the huge following in Japan as it seems to in the west. Like, I kind of forget it exists.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

nuts

What does everyone have against Steve being in Super Smash Bros? Hes the Mario Pokemon whatever today. And the indie's biggest success dream. If you want a Indie character in Super Smash Bros. vote for that guy.

nuts

Nintendo Network ID: nuts

Grumblevolcano

@Yeahman: I'd say Steve is closer to the Shrek/Goku type character, people who want him in Smash are only doing it for a joke. People say that Cloud is the turning point where pretty much anything is possible but although his game was Playstation exclusive, the 6 previous Final Fantasy games were first on Nintendo consoles for several years so I can see argument where his inclusion isn't damaging to Smash. Minecraft however has been the source of a lot of Nintendo hate from the developers and things have only recently changed since Microsoft being in control.

That said, just like if licensing older U2 songs for a music game require licensing a song from the controversial "Songs of Innocence" album, the opportunity will be grabbed if Steve in Smash is the only way Microsoft will let Banjo be in too.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JunkosBoobies

NintendoFan64 wrote:

So now that Minecraft is on Wii U...you know what that means!
Untitled

if steve gets in smash i will shoot myself in the foot

Nah, but seriously, I do not want Steve in Smash. I'd take him over Freddy Fazbear, but that's not saying much since I'll take anyone over Freddy.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal: Notch, the head of Mojang before Microsoft bought the company constantly showed hate on social media for Nintendo and their products. Once Microsoft bought Mojang, Notch left and then the Nintendo hate stopped. So in reality, Minecraft on Wii U only exists because of Microsoft.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

@Grumblevolcano Right...I remember this one tweet he made making fun of the Wii U...let me see if I can find it...
Here it is!:

@NoirUsernameHere I'd rather have Goku than Freddy!

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

nuts

"Notch openly bashes Wii U, says it only has 'two games'"-Google Search Headlines
Okay I love this guy haha

nuts

Grumblevolcano

The Smash maintenance is going ahead as was suggested on the maintenance site. You can't play online until 2am UK time.

Grumblevolcano

Tsuchinoko

@Grumblevolcano: i think the only thing that Cloud confirmed is that while consistent Nintendo appearances aren't really necessary, a third party character has to be the type to have an insane level of popularity, and be instantly recognizable to even non-gamers. Even my grandma knows who Pac-man and Sonic are, and has heard of Street Fighter and Final Fantasy.

TeeJay

@Tsuchinoko: Tou have a particularly in-the-know grandma then.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Tsuchinoko

Yeahman wrote:

"Notch openly bashes Wii U, says it only has 'two games'"-Google Search Headlines
Okay I love this guy haha

(゜_゜)

UGXwolf

You know what? I actually think Steve has a real shot at inclusion. There's only two problems I know of for him getting in: 1) While everyone and ther grandma knows about Minecraft here in the US, Steve isn't really the face of Minecraft. Hell, you don't even ever see him unless you're playing with other people who haven't changed his skin. 2) Time. Time is a serious issue, here. Steve would have to have particular and unique animations to properly represent Minecraft which would take a lot of time. Time being something Sakurai has stated he's running out of.

I would honestly have a similar feeling towards him as Pacman. I wanted someone else, but I suppose he deserves to be here. (Also, I wound up adoring Pacman, so bonus points.)

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

NintendoFan64

If we're going to start talking about Steve's chances, really, the only reason I could see for Steve being in is that people want indie characters like Shovel Knight and Shantae (though I actually would LOVE to see Shovel Knight in...haven't played the Shantae games, so I don't really have anything to say about her.), and Steve is an indie icon, arguably the face of indie gaming in that his game is arguably the most well-known indie title, so if you were to go with and indie character, it would make a little sense go with the main character of the most recognizable indie game.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

nuts

How long does it take to animate 6 or 7 strechy squares and accessories?

nuts

Tsuchinoko

Have you guys taken a look over the cast and realized just how diverse it is in style and design? There are so many art styles and genres present. Its to bad the Ice Climbers and Snake most likely won't be joining, but just take a look at the amiibo page and really look at the variety of characters we have.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/amiibo/lineup/series.html#smashbros

NintendoFan64

Dear God...HE HAS RETURNED!
Untitled
Except now there's a second Pikachu growing out of him...is that how he reproduces?

TeeJay

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Have you guys taken a look over the cast and realized just how diverse it is in style and design? There are so many art styles and genres present. Its to bad the Ice Climbers and Snake most likely won't be joining, but just take a look at the amiibo page and really look at the variety of characters we have.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/amiibo/lineup/series.html#smashbros

Yes. That's part of what I love about Smash. I can pit serious, accurately proportioned characters like Robin and Link against ridiculous cartoony characters like Toon Link and Jigglypuff and it'd be perfectly normal.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic