Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,821 to 26,840 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

@Tsuchinoko: Well it was obvious because Lucas and Roy made it in, I had no doubt at all that he would be playable at some point in Smash 4's DLC cycle. The bigger question is whether ballot character or not.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

For who? Cloud? I'm not so sure I think he probably was Sakurai's choice, although he did say "the rest of the characters being added is fan service." He also mentioned that this would be a "fairly difficult request." Which implies ballot or Enix Square, and if it was Enix Square then that means Enix Square asked Sakurai to put Cloud into the game? The thing is, Cloud got revealed one month after the ballot ended. And characters take like 6 months of development each or something like that for them to be done. Cloud looks like he is done with development, so this could mean a few things:

1. He started working on the ballot character before the ballot ended and considered him as ballot character
2. It was really his choice
3. He started working on him before the ballot, maybe before "the rest of the characters at this point will be fan service" and is not a ballot character
4. He was just lying and wanted to surprise us with Cloud and maybe leave us wondering if he is a ballot character or not...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Grumblevolcano

@TheGreatLord: No, listen to the part of the video after Cloud Strife. Sure the person asking said "Cloud Strife from Golden Sun" but that means nothing about Isaac's chances as I doubt the employee even knows about Golden Sun (one of those dead franchises like F-Zero but far less known).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

@Grumblevolcano: it could just be a brain-dead employee though.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

LzWinky

I think he said it on a whim too. I doubt customer service knows any information ahead of time like this.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

UGXwolf

I'm with LZ on this. He likely has a charter of info he's allowed to give out and knows very little else. BUT I STILL WANT TO BELIEVE!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

@DarthNocturnal: i noticed that too. It could be news about the Shovel Knight game, but that would come from yacht club wouldnt it?

IceClimbers

So which week do you think we'll have the Smash Direct - this coming up week, or the week after?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Shinion

@IceClimbers: if you're (or anyone for that matter) still in a position to ask that question this time next week I would be very surprised. Everything's calmed down a bit now in the world both in and outside of gaming specifically, and leaving it any further than at the very latest middle-to-late next week Nintendo risks falling victim to the Christmas rush. Last thing they want is a repeat of the Pokébank debacle, and so if they're going to launch them immediately after the Direct then it'd be wise to do it this up-coming week.

Shinion

Tsuchinoko

@TheLastLugia: Yeah, even though the whole Christmas craziness isnt really a thing here, and unless its a weekend everyone still has school and work.

I don't think the pokemon bank server issue in Japan was completely because it launched on Christmas, particularly because it was on a Wednesday. Im sure there were multiple factors.

Nintendo does have to be careful when doing a simultaneous launch though, as a Christmas launch of DLC, even in Japan with Christmas Eve everywhere else, could get messy.

Edit: It does seem that at that time multiple things were being launched. Pokemon Bank, Pokemon Transporter, and a large amount of new Nintendo IDs being created at the same time killed the servers.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

IceClimbers

@Tsuchinoko: They also had quite a few holiday bundles in the US that year, and almost every single one had a download code for the game instead of including a physical copy of the game or having it pre-installed. That certainly did not help.

Anyways, I think it'll be the week after this coming up week (as in, anywhere from the 14th to the 18th). I don't see it being this week.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tsuchinoko

@IceClimbers: For me personally, I would like it to be announced on or before the 20th, even though thats a Saturday. The new DLC might not be released the same day as the direct, but just in case, this year I am doing the whole crazy holiday travelling to visit the parents and siblings for the holidays and possibly get into a fight about politics and me living so far away and why are you not married yet and all that, and it would be nice to have a quiet day or two to enjoy the new Smash goodies.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

@Grumblevolcano: Well, a lot of games are getting maintenance.

Im more surprised at the karaoke Joysound update. That was released outside of Japan? Joysound is a huge karaoke company in Japan. In some areas there are more Joysound karaoke places than there are McDonald's.

Edit: the Japan site shows maintenance as well. Its four hours long.

Again though, many games are having maintenance around the same time. Nintendo Account?

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

@DarthNocturnal: and yot know what, thats okay! When its classification board pating was taken down some people thought it was cancelled. Now its out before Christmas.

Tsuchinoko

@DarthNocturnal: its okay, the yen isnt so hot against the dollar right now either.

But look on the bright side. You get to live in Canada. I love Canada.

NintendoFan64

So now that Minecraft is on Wii U...you know what that means!
Untitled

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic