Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,801 to 26,820 of 27,917

UGXwolf

I just always approach any kind of implied foresight with a healthy dose of skepticism and plenty of hope for what I want. I'm more inclined to believe leaks with Wolf or Lloyd in them because I want them in, but while I will still argue that Wolf makes sense, I would be naturally cautious of anyone saying Lloyd Irving was joining the roster.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

@UGXwolf That's a good way to be.

So outside of Smash stuff, any predictions for VGA reveals? We know something is going to happen, and Reggie of NoA is going. They even made an original remix for it.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

@Tsuchinoko: Zelda will be there. No doubt about it. But in what form(s)? I'm personally expecting TPHD to be the focus and any mention of Zelda U will be a side note. Similarly, I think Smash would only be mentioned to call attention to the Smash Direct later this month. I would get a kick out of any Federation Force we see. You guys wanted Metroid at the VGAs, right? XD

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

@Undead_terror: Well, we had rumours of the 5th/6th.

And you changed your avatar back to a scary skull!

Undead_terror

@Tsuchinoko: Oh didn't hear about those ones.
And tis a swell avatar! I suppose if people didn't like the the spooky Christmas skeleton, I will get a sp00py (silly) Christmas skeleton, just make some votes

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I think the 16th is just a logical guess for the last possible Wednesday the Direct could be on. The weeks afterwards would put Nintendo into very risky territory, both in terms of delivering the content and their image given NX is being revealed next year. Lets think about the past 2 holidays (2013, 2014):

• 2013 had Pokemon Bank released in Japan, servers went down due to overload for a few days
  • 2014 had the PSN and Xbox Live hacked

Lets imagine the Direct happened a week later so 23rd December, the actual content involved was massive (larger or equal to the Direct on the Sunday before E3). We all know that the servers would struggle and if it went down for a few days like 2013, that would look extremely negative in the light of NX being revealed (likely) early next year unless the competition were hacked again like in 2014. So I think the 16th is a cutoff date, may be earlier but definitely not later.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

@Undead_terror: I vote spooky scary.

@Grumblevolcano I really do think it will be in the first half of the month. There is discussion on Reddit that there may be a surprise at the VGAs though. It might just be some Cloud info with a date for the direct.

Two and a half hours.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Jazzer94

Got 7th at a tournament hosted at the revival Uni to mine. Had a questionable bracket as was seeded 30th so played their 3rd best player round 1 lost but teared through losers beating the 5th seed the losing to 1st, was really fun. Also had friendlies with their best player and we went pretty even winning a game each.
Bracket for those curious (I'm Justice)
http://challonge.com/SVGS_Super_Smash_Bros_4_11/standings

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Tsuchinoko

@Jazzer94: Congratulations! But grr there brackets almost never show the characters used.

Jazzer94

@Tsuchinoko: I was playing Fox, the winner was playing Falcon, second DK, Little Mac and Robin, third my friend played Ryu and Jiggs.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

veeflames

TBH, Smash was NEVER going to happen at the VGAs in the first place. The time will come when Nintendo will announce the Direct date, simples.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Tsuchinoko

@DarthNocturnal: He really was just there for the Iwata tribute though.

Tsuchinoko

So are Snake's chances even worse now?

00a

@Tsuchinoko: Yes, more likely.
The only way for Snake to get into Smash if Sakurai ask permission from Konami.

Edited on by 00a

I know now, without a doubt, Keyloggery is light!
I make stupid videos

Tsuchinoko

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lrRn3L0mkEg

Sigh...

The action starts around the nine minute mark.

Pootypie

Literally played with someone on FG Ryu dittos for 1.5 hours straight. It was really fun, I'm enjoying FG a lot more now actually it has improved.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic