Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,701 to 26,720 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

NintendoFan64 wrote:

@Tsuchinoko Surprised you forgot Luigi dressing up as Peach.

What? When did that happen?

I did forget Birdo though, who's name in Japan is Catherine and might be trans.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Tsuchinoko

@DarthNocturnal: aww, I completely never played the Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi games.

martinskrtel37

Lastaofpizza wrote:

Also in my opinion, Brawl is better than Smash 4 in every way. The levels, the music, the graphics, the gameplay, and the story mode made it much better than its next incarnation. Smash 4 feels rushed and boring after unlocking everyone and costumes.

wow!!! lol. i know it's your opinion and all but opinions can be rooted in misinformation. Brawl is the worst game in the series. never play it again. mod your Wii and play Project M. no worries pal, don't mention it.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Tsuchinoko

Does anyone know where the whole Daisy bandwagon thing came from? Like...going on gamefaqs and reading any Daisy topic is a little shocking.

IceClimbers

@Tsuchinoko: That's a good question. No idea where it came from. Waluigi > Daisy anyways.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DreamyViridi

I always thought that Daisy bandwagons were just a joke, mocking fans of the character. I used to love the idea of her being a Smash character but now I understand that she doesn't need to be, the most she deserves imo is being a character alt for Peach.

I'll never understand some fans' obsessions though... A lot of Daisy fans seem to go overboard in some way...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Tsuchinoko

DreamyViridi wrote:

I always thought that Daisy bandwagons were just a joke, mocking fans of the character. I used to love the idea of her being a Smash character but now I understand that she doesn't need to be, the most she deserves imo is being a character alt for Peach.

I'll never understand some fans' obsessions though... A lot of Daisy fans seem to go overboard in some way...

Thats what got me. I've seen people make whole character traits and personalities and histories for her. Im just like, she really isnt that deep of a character for you to be that invested in.

TeeJay

@Tsuchinoko: Here's a relevant video for you concerning Daisy.

In conclusion, Daisy fans are freaking WEIRD.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

nuts

Lastaofpizza wrote:

Speaking of Brawl FD ost, I just don't understand how SSB4 FD ost is so......trash compared to Brawl FD ost. SSB4 just lacks the depth and the feeling in the song.
It's like that Sakurai didn't care and just throw it in the game.
Plus, that may be true considering that SSB4 FD ost is just badly remixed again for other things in the game. (Main menu theme, Trophys theme, Practice theme, etc.)

Also in my opinion, Brawl is better than Smash 4 in every way. The levels, the music, the graphics, the gameplay, and the story mode made it much better than its next incarnation. Smash 4 feels rushed and boring after unlocking everyone and costumes.

Jeesh Brawl had alot of personality and the characters in it too. Also content, lots to do, great ghrapics, music story etc. The trophy and stickers really showed how cool that generation and before was. That game really lived up to the hype. I wish they kept the battle damage then the game would of been REALLY cool.

SSB4 just feels like more of a I-phoneized verison of the game ya know? degraded and more shiny or should I say cartoony.

Edited on by nuts

nuts

Nintendo Network ID: nuts

veeflames

Yikes, Brawl has better visuals than SSB4's? Nope. Just... no.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

NintendoFan64

@NintyMan Yeah, I can't help but love Brawl. Still...I have to disagree with what @Yeahman said, specifically with Brawl having great visuals and a good story. I just don't like the more realistic look Brawl had, and as for the story, there were...several issues (For example, WHERE THE **** DID SONIC COME FROM AT THE END!?).

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

@NintendoFan64: There's actually a semi-valid reason for that. Sonic was a cery late addition to the game. Not the latest, but pretty late. He comes from nowhere because he needed to be in the story and they'd already written the whole thing. Same story with Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf, but they were added even later still. Hence the doors.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

veeflames

@NintendoFan64: Did you really care about the Sonic thing? I didn't. I didn't think we should.
I hope some users aren't getting the impression I don't like Brawl. It's just the opposite: I love Breawl to death. It was the reason I turned on my Wii one too many nights...and days. It was really fun back then.
That said, I really can't stand Brawl now. It's too slow (I don't mean the meta, but the fact that the game doesn't respond as fast as it does in 4); the only thing I like regarding the speed is Kirby's Side-B (really, why did Nintendo slow it down in SSB4? ).
But man, Brawl was a blast back then. Now? Not so much. Smash 4 almost outclasses it in every way.

God first.

NintendoFan64

@VeeFlamesNL Ah, yes. Brawl was my favorite Wii game. Still, Smash 4 is better...great, now you've got me going nostalgic. Thanks a lot!
@UGXWolf I just remembered that, and wondered "Wait, why didn't they just do what they did with Jiggs, TLink and Wolf?", but I didn't know they were added in even later (I mean, I knew they were late, but not later than Sonic). Still, that's something that always bothered me, and it's a problem that I feel Subspace Emissary suffered from a LOT: It barely explained anything as to why things happened (Seriously, they had to make a page on the website in order to explain stuff like Game & Watch and how the Halberd was stolen. That should not be something you have to do!)

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Mikes

@VeeFlamesNL I totally agree. I played it again not too long ago, and while I didn't mind how slow it was back when I used to play it all the time, it really didn't feel all that nice playing it as much as before. After playing Smash 4, Brawl is very noticeably slow. A fast-fall didn't even feel like a fast fall.
I still really love Brawl as a game, though. The Subspace Emissary is the best part! For game play reasons, though, I'd rather stick to Smash 4. Honestly, I don't even know how they can top this one.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

Tsuchinoko

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

@NintendoFan64: Did you really care about the Sonic thing? I didn't. I didn't think we should.
I hope some users aren't getting the impression I don't like Brawl. It's just the opposite: I love Breawl to death. It was the reason I turned on my Wii one too many nights...and days. It was really fun back then.
That said, I really can't stand Brawl now. It's too slow (I don't mean the meta, but the fact that the game doesn't respond as fast as it does in 4); the only thing I like regarding the speed is Kirby's Side-B (really, why did Nintendo slow it down in SSB4? ).
But man, Brawl was a blast back then. Now? Not so much. Smash 4 almost outclasses it in every way.

I agree, and that realization earlier this year surprised me. I used to think Brawl was really smooth and fast-paced, but after playing 4 for a few months I went back to Brawl and found it so sluggish and the character designs a bit ugly.

I still love Brawl for a lot of things, and still play it sometimes for the characters and stages I miss, and it had amazing music.

veeflames

@Tsuchinoko: @Mikes: It's really weird how just last year we all thought Brawl ran smoothly and great but now it just runs very sluggish. It's baffling. "How the heck did we play this years ago? " I mean, I still love Brawl, but I don't know whether I can go back to it again. Maybe I will, but I won't enjoy the slowdown.
@NintendoFan64

God first.

CapeSmash

While Smash 4 is the one I'm playing the most nowadays, I still like the other games just as much. At the end of the day, they all offer the same level of fun (at least for me). That's why I don't really have a favorite. I like them all equally.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Eel

@NintendoFan64: from what I hear, Wolf is actually pretty unpolished compared to every other character. Most of his moves are mixed and matched from other characters and even his animations tend to be a bit rough.

I guess it makes sense if he was added in as an extra bonus really late in.

Sonic is in a similar position, his moves in brawl are mostly taken from other characters or variations of the spindash.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

KO-Cub

I agree, sometimes, I think going back to Brawl hurts cause I find so many things that need fixing, but I'm gonna miss that footstool to DAir Tip-Spike with Marth... Sigh Damn that was an awesome sure disrespect kill move.

Design wise, the characters I think were better than Smash 4's. Samus's was better in Brawl than she is now. It's gross looking at Smash 4 Samus with SO MANY PROBLEMS. Marth FAir'ing twice was good and having better Tip range, also having DTilt inch closer. Ike sounded like and hit like a power-house with those slash SFX and high damage attacks (JAB 15 COMBO!). Mario wasn't too broken game with those grab>UTilts. You didn't need to link Link's second part of his Side Smash, which was a bad idea and the dash attack came out fast. Snake introduced "Unique" Better than any other character ever, with baits, waits and C4. Lucario had better combo's with his Aura-Sphere trapping and moves felt more solid and killed a bit better (DAir for dayz).
You guys get me?

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic