Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,681 to 26,700 of 27,917

KO-Cub

@Mikeyrage: That's pretty cool. I think I see that quick item pickup and throw Advanced Tech, but I don't know how to pull it off.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

KO-Cub

IceClimbers wrote:

I really don't think the use of the Brawl FD music means anything.

Can we take a moment of silence for the best OST in a Smash or even in a Nintendo game, please? Can we at least admit Brawl did, not just something right, but something amazing we got to experience better than most other games.

Tsuchinoko

KO-Cub wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

I really don't think the use of the Brawl FD music means anything.

Can we take a moment of silence for the best OST in a Smash or even in a Nintendo game, please? Can we at least admit Brawl did, not just something right, but something amazing we got to experience better than most other games.

I absolutely love the Brawl theme and its various versions. In fact, that game had some really solid music overall.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

00a

Speaking of Brawl FD ost, I just don't understand how SSB4 FD ost is so......trash compared to Brawl FD ost. SSB4 just lacks the depth and the feeling in the song.
It's like that Sakurai didn't care and just throw it in the game.
Plus, that may be true considering that SSB4 FD ost is just badly remixed again for other things in the game. (Main menu theme, Trophys theme, Practice theme, etc.)

Also in my opinion, Brawl is better than Smash 4 in every way. The levels, the music, the graphics, the gameplay, and the story mode made it much better than its next incarnation. Smash 4 feels rushed and boring after unlocking everyone and costumes.

I know now, without a doubt, Keyloggery is light!
I make stupid videos

Pootypie

smash 4... rushed? please tell me you are joking

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

KO-Cub

TheGreatLord wrote:

smash 4... rushed? please tell me you are joking

Actually, I should probably say something or I'll get caught for spam. Smash 4 is waaaaay better than Brawl. It's balanced, looks beautiful and plays damn solid. While there's some things that Brawl excelled in like; interesting game modes (Adventure Mode, Boss Battles), Music, some mechanics (MARTH FOOTSTOOL TO DAIR METEOR!). Smash 4 has better online, evolving meta, DLC, Smarter stages and even heaps of stages, too. There's more I could say, but things like balancing and such is obvious.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Tsuchinoko

I don't want to get into game vs game arguments, but I do think the Brawl theme is better. Nobuo Uematsu is a talented composer. Thats why Im hoping the Brawl FD music in the teaser at least means hes contributing an original remix for the Midgar stage.

veeflames

Brawl's Final Destination is great, but Smash 4's Final Destination is boss. The latter sounds way more epic than the former, IMO.
Personally, I prefer the remix of Melee's Opening theme to play on Brawl's FD instead of the official Final Destination theme.
And while there's nothing wrong with speculation, I don't really understand why a lot of people are over speculating the teaser trailer. It's just a song to get us hyped! Nintendo (or whoever made the trailer) might have as well used another song. It's not like we we were over speculating things when we heard differ t songs in the 50-Fact Extravaganza, so why this one trailer.
I'm sure the Direct's going to be great, but I'll still be keeping my hopes low. I mean, what are the chances that the Inkling or Professor Layton will make it into smash?

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Tsuchinoko

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Brawl's Final Destination is great, but Smash 4's Final Destination is boss. The latter sounds way more epic than the former, IMO.
Personally, I prefer the remix of Melee's Opening theme to play on Brawl's FD instead of the official Final Destination theme.
And while there's nothing wrong with speculation, I don't really understand why a lot of people are over speculating the teaser trailer. It's just a song to get us hyped! Nintendo (or whoever made the trailer) might have as well used another song. It's not like we we were over speculating things when we heard differ t songs in the 50-Fact Extravaganza, so why this one trailer.
I'm sure the Direct's going to be great, but I'll still be keeping my hopes low. I mean, what are the chances that the Inkling or Professor Layton will make it into smash?

Actually, the Inklings have a high chance, but I see your point.

And about the themes, they're all good! Lets agree on that.

Grumblevolcano

@VeeFlamesNL: There were some songs we speculated over in that Direct like Mario Paint Medley which wasn't in the game at launch as well as the physical soundtrack in general. I do think Inklings have a very strong chance of appearing, same with Shovel Knight and Wolf though not Layton.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

@Grumblevolcano: yeah, as opposed the the "leaks" outside of the ESRB one, there have been a few times where speculation lead to something. Not in the "oh, this happened so this other thing is definitely going to happen" sort of way, but more like some random thing hinted at. Again, I think rather than, at this point, fighting over THIS character getting in or THAT character having no chance, a little speculation is okay.

Grumblevolcano

So I finally beat All-Star with Olimar which leaves Villager. Got very close a few times but Mom (GAMER stage) mostly ruined those attempts. I really don't get why Sakurai decided to ditch Ridley in Pyrosphere but not Mom in GAMER. Mom has been a much more dangerous enemy over the past year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

Darnit! I really want to know who's joining Smash!

UGXwolf

@Lastaofpizza: Full well aware that I'm likely feeding this rather than stopping it, there's a large number of problems with your comment. Most prominently, Sakurai is not a composer or sound design he didn't "throw it in the game" because game development and sound development typically take place in separate universes from each other and unless the gameplay is heavily influenced by the music, the two rarely see each other cross until finishing production of some aspect of the game.

Now if you want to complain about the new theme, find its composer and use the composer of the original as an example. Seeing as Brawl's main theme was composed by one of Square's best guys, it's not surprising Brawl had such an awesome main theme. However, you make note of the remixes and seem to forget that Brawl was absolutely lousy with remixes of the main theme.

As for the rest of your post, I have to disagree. Brawl had Subspace and more characters to unlock. Maybe you could argue the game modes were better, but I'd say Smash 4 had some great modes to counter that. Not to mention one of the most awesome final bosses in the series.

On top of that, the roster is better, the soundtrack is better (by virtue of using a sizable fraction of Brawl's OST and then adding even more awesome stuff), the art direction absolutely blows Brawl out of the water, the gameplay is more exciting and less bologna, the competitive aspect is WAY more balanced, and most of the new stages are really awesome and some of the changes made to other stages (like 75m) make them tolerable. And how about that roster? At this point in time, Snake, Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Ice Climbers are still cut. Meanwhile, in return we've gotten Little Mac, Mega Man, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Robin, Greninja, Lucina, Shulk, Rosalina, Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt, Pacman, Mii Fighters, Palutena, Dark Pit, Ryu, and Cloud, with Roy, Mewtwo, and Dr. Mario returning from Melee, and with potential for MORE newcomers and MORE Brawl and Melee veterans coming next month. You're very hard pressed to justify that Brawl is better in "every aspect."

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Pootypie

I gotta say that the graphics for brawl make the characters look very realistic ish, so I guess you can see his point for the graphics. Although I prefer the graphics for smash 4, it is a lot nicer looking despite that it looks less realistic. After all it is smash bros... not supposed to be realistic. It is a lot more colorful and less dull so it feels a lot nicer to play in my opinion. But that's just me about the graphics. Also the gameplay... so many people were complaining about the gameplay??? I'm not sure why he mentioned the gameplay was better, the random tripping was very annoying.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Undead_terror

I found a glitch!...or at least for the 3DS version, this glitch involves miis using opposite gender gear!

Make a mii, go and make it as a fighter, once done go back to mii maker, change the miis gender, go back to fighter maker, the outfit you had on last should stay on, but once you change a part of the outfit it changes to the other gender! more customization!

I wasn't expecting this to work, before if you changed any features of a mii it wouldn't be added in unless you made a new one, however the gender seems to effect it.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

00a

@Undead_terror: I find it quite ridiculous that Miis can't use gear that aren't their gender. It makes me think that Nintendo dislikes people who cross dress.

I know now, without a doubt, Keyloggery is light!
I make stupid videos

Undead_terror

It may not be a big of a deal to most, however I found a strange glitch in Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U that has never been mentioned before or may of never been discovered before! This glitch can make mii's use opposite sex gear and outfits!

Wii U examples:

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69imUsMQiza7EW3
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69imUs0cJT05Ior
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69imUtJE0d0Pq5R

3DS examples:

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69imVAn8J22sFfF
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69imVB3cbmdaUEY

Usually when you edit a mii in mii maker and go back to it's fighter, no changes are made, however it seems that changing the gender effects it! first you must make a mii, go to smash and make a fighter, select either head gear or outfit you want, go back to mii maker and change the miis gender, go back to smash and then select the mii, you can browse through any of the other kind of costumes while what you had previously on is still on your mii! you can go back to mii maker and then change the mii gender to anyway you like it and you should have the outfit the way you want it like what's posted above!

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Lastaofpizza wrote:

@Undead_terror: I find it quite ridiculous that Miis can't use gear that aren't their gender. It makes me think that Nintendo dislikes people who cross dress.

Try not to think too much and politicize the issue. The actual explanation is something not even close to being that deep. Specifically, they just didn't think about it.

Link wears dresses in the new 3DS Zelda, you've got the gender fluid Magypsy in Mother 3, Zelda hiding as Sheik, and Im sure the are other examples.

NintendoFan64

@Tsuchinoko Surprised you forgot Luigi dressing up as Peach.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic