Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,661 to 26,680 of 27,917

UGXwolf

So a lot of people are referring to this as the last Smash Dorect, but do we have any real proof of that, or is it just people logicking that we've gotta be running out, as it'll be nearly impossible to top Cloud.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

KO-Cub

UGXwolf wrote:

So a lot of people are referring to this as the last Smash Direct, but do we have any real proof of that, or is it just people logicking that we've gotta be running out, as it'll be nearly impossible to top Cloud.

No. It's the final. Gamenesia even made a thread about it with careful analysis. The exact words (Which I don't remember exactly) were about "being the last Smash Direct." Though the words put people off because for a sec, people thought it meant Nintendo Directs in general. But people thought that was stupid, so it had to about smash having one more Direct.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

IceClimbers

Yeah, it will be the last special broadcast for Smash. They did not however say that it's the last of the DLC, so unless they say otherwise they can always reveal more in general Nintendo Directs.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

KO-Cub

Oh yeah, that's true. Announcing a DLC character in a general Direct doesn't make it about Smash, so I guess there's always those.

yokokazuo

@Tsuchinoko @DarthNocturnal The Snake in MGSV is Big Boss/Naked Snake who was also the protagonist of MGS3: Snake Eater as well as Peace Walker and Portable Ops. These games take place in the beginning of the timeline. 3 clones were created from Big Boss who became Liquid Snake, Solidus Snake (both were antagonists in MGS,2 and 4) and Solid Snake.
Raiden is not related to the other Snakes, but he does have a history with one of them.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

UGXwolf

Well, yeah. I'm not really questioning this being the final Smash-4-3DS/Wii-U-specific broadcast, since that totally makes sense. The team is falling apart, by now, and Cloud is exactly the kind of thing you'd save for last, unless hell froze over and Goku actually got in.

I was simply asking cause I've seen no real evidence suggesting it. Just basic logic, and you know how Sakurai feels about basic logic.

KO-Cub

Cloud, for last? Ha, no. This is big and means so much, and it just shows that Sakurai can do whatever the hell he wants. It's just began. I'm never getting off Sakurai's wild ride.

Tsuchinoko

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Tsuchinoko: Well the Brawl trophy shows the NES Metal Gear and the GC version of MGS2 for games underneath the trophy description.

That does clear it up then. Ive only played the MGS 1-3 games.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

Well, yeah. I'm not really questioning this being the final Smash-4-3DS/Wii-U-specific broadcast, since that totally makes sense. The team is falling apart, by now, and Cloud is exactly the kind of thing you'd save for last, unless hell froze over and Goku actually got in.

I was simply asking cause I've seen no real evidence suggesting it. Just basic logic, and you know how Sakurai feels about basic logic.

I wouldn't call it a falling apart so much as a dispersing or moving on. I feel its nearly time too. Let Smash 4 be a game that can be talked about as a final completed product. I'm hoping for some nice things in this direct though.

Of course, if those NX rumours are any sort of true...

Pootypie

I remember getting the game the hour it was released, man those were the days!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Tsuchinoko

I still think there's something more to the Brawl FD music being used in that teaser for the last Smash direct. I get that its the same composer as FFVII, but that teaser isn't even part of the trailer. If you look at the trailer that is by itself on youtube or whatever, that teaser isnt even attached.

Or maybe Im thinking too much and just have a lot of evergy because I came back from a jog.

Grumblevolcano

@Tsuchinoko: I have a few ideas:

• Final Destination so this is the end of Smash 4 DLC completely and/or the end of Smash Directs, Sakurai potentially finished with Smash completely.
  • Use of the Brawl version instead of 64, Melee or Smash 4 so maybe more Brawl characters included (Wolf, Ice Climbers, Snake, Ivysaur and Squirtle are not currently playable)
  • New mode playable as Brawl is the last game to feature some sort of Adventure mode (Melee had Adventure, Brawl had SSE), could be that said mode requires all character DLC to be purchased for access.
  • New challenges as Brawl was the first Smash game to feature the challenge wall (I think Kirby Air Ride was the first Sakurai game for that feature).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

Sorry for double post, does anyone have any advice for using Villager and Olimar/Alph? Those are the only 2 left I have to beat All Star on hard for now (possibly also Robin but I'm decent with him/her).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

Oh geeze, I find Olimar so hard to use.

UGXwolf

Yeah, I think you're just over-analyzing the teaser. This isn't a Square Enix game. Not everything is entirely meaningful. It was just an epic-sounding Smash theme.

Tsuchinoko

Im just speculating for fun guys.

veeflames

UGXwolf wrote:

Yeah, I think you're just over-analyzing the teaser. This isn't a Square Enix game. Not everything is entirely meaningful. It was just an epic-sounding Smash theme.

Exactly. It's just a song that has an action atmosphere to it. In other words, it's just a song to get us hyped.
I don't think it's anything more than that, TBH...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Tsuchinoko

There are times where over-analyzing actually lead to something, like with the Super Mario Maker stage numbering on the Nintendo Smash site.

Anyway, this last Smash direct is a big deal, super hype, and Im just really excited. I don't think its a bad thing to speculate.

Mikeyrage

I made a Link combo video some time ago but never finshed it properly it was really rushed but if anyone could critique me that would be great.

cheers.

smash 4 combo video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UumZqsNBdK0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic