Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,641 to 26,660 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers: I think early December, possibly before The Game Awards. Given Nintendo's approach to promoting Xenoblade X (i.e. pretty much nonexistent), I think they will use Smash to try and make Xenoblade X obsolete.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MegaMari0

They could do it close to Xmas so that they can suprise with an Xmas miracle. You get your ballot fighter on Xmas. hahahaha.........one can dream.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Grumblevolcano

@MegaMari0: That would be horrific, don't you remember Christmas 2013 when Pokemon Bank was released in Japan? The eshop servers went down for a few days and I expect the Smash ballot would do the same if released at Christmas.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

nuts

1 thing we can expect from the direct is ssb 64 for virtual console it would be pretty cool if we could use the gamecube controlers they can relese brawl too

Edited on by nuts

nuts

Nintendo Network ID: nuts

Tsuchinoko

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@MegaMari0: That would be horrific, don't you remember Christmas 2013 when Pokemon Bank was released in Japan? The eshop servers went down for a few days and I expect the Smash ballot would do the same if released at Christmas.

Yes guys! Remember that Christmas is not a universal thing everywhere. In Japan Christmas is not a bank holiday, and many people still work in December up until around the 28th. Businesses don't close, so it is possible for the direct or DLC to be released around that time. Foq AAA titles, Nintendo tries to be aware of international overseas events like Christmas, or black friday, or boxing day. Its not guaranteed though.

I personally think the direct might (possibly) be in the first half of the month, and I have no basis for that other than rumours and the one year anniversary of the Japanese release.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

DekuOnion

I would be thrilled to see DLC characters have custom move-sets. Doubt it though because they know customs wouldn't generate many new sales at all. They will forever feel incomplete to me.

Currently Playing: SMITE, ROTTR, Halo 5: Guardians (XB1), Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2 (3DS)

KO-Cub

I just don't care, I'm hyped for that Direct because of the Final Destination theme from Brawl was played and made it epic.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Tsuchinoko

KO-Cub wrote:

I just don't care, I'm hyped for that Direct because of the Final Destination theme from Brawl was played and made it epic.

Omg I know, and being paired with the FFVII stuff (they have the same composer) was nice and made mewonder if anything Brawl related was being teased.

@DarthNocturnal: the only rumours I've been hearing are that the date of the direct was on the third. There was that really badly done mock up of the Smash site showing the date, but with the anniversary coming it would make sense. Im just widening my scope to the first half of the month.

Tsuchinoko

@DarthNocturnal: The one year anniversary last Smash direct would be a nice celebration and Sakurai could end production of Smash 4 with a bang.

Are the VGA's an American or British thing or are the an international event. I've never heard of it.

Tsuchinoko

@DarthNocturnal: Who knows. It could just be coincidental, but the VGAs and the one year anniversary could make for the right conditions.

Grumblevolcano

It won't be at the Game Awards because of how late it is. I could see it being several hours before though so kind of like what happened on the Sunday before E3.

Grumblevolcano

IceClimbers

I could see it being on the 3rd, but if they do that the broadcast will be in the morning in order to have hype going into The Game Awards (VGAs). All eyes are on Sony afterwards since PSX is that weekend.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

Damn, I just remembered. FF7 came out in 1997, so the stage that comes with Cloud is going to make All Star extremely difficult as it'll largely replace Pokemon Stadium 2 in the rotation (which is balanced enough to make that round extremely easy)..

Grumblevolcano

smashbrolink

Man, that Cloud reveal was just INSANE.
Have you guys seen the amount of reaction videos online about it?
I think a lot of people are still somewhat in shock; Shokio damn near had a heart-attack on camera.XD

smashbrolink

Grumblevolcano

Made some more progress with "Clear All-Star on Hard with all characters", only have these characters left:
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Meta Knight
Villager
Olimar

Maybe also Robin as I don't remember whether I completed it with him or died in the last stage.

Grumblevolcano

NintendoFan64

@Grumblevolcano I eventually took a break with that one...now I forgot which character I had left...crap!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Tsuchinoko

@Grumblevolcano: Well, with Cloud the 94-98 stage has nine characters, tied with 2000-2006 for the most characters. It does increase the challenge.

If K. Rool gets added that stage will be number one at ten characters! Of course they could change the year breakdown of All-star, but I don't know how difficult that would be.

Inkling wouldn't be so bad I guess. Add them to the chronologically last stage and change 2013 to 2015.

Yes, I have thought about this since DLC started.

Umm, where would they put Snake?

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoFan64: Here's a few tips towards identifying the character you haven't done it with:
1. If the fighter high score is on Normal or Easy difficulty then that's the one (note Mii Fighters don't count towards the challenge)
2. If the fighter high score is below ~2300000 then that's the one.

If it's neither of them then that's where things are tricky. Take my Robin situation for example, I got 2429400 on hard but was that because I beat it before Mewtwo was DLC or that I lost on stage 7 when Mewtwo was DLC but not Lucas, Roy and Ryu?

@Tsuchinoko Snake would be placed in the '85-'90 stage as the first game featuring Snake (Metal Gear which featured on a number of platforms including NES) came out in '87.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Tsuchinoko

@Grumblevolcano: Okay. I know the Metal Gear series technically has had several protagonists, with Brawl's Snake being the MGS 1 and 2 version? I don't know if in the game they're counted as the same "character" like Link is.

Grumblevolcano

@Tsuchinoko: Well the Brawl trophy shows the NES Metal Gear and the GC version of MGS2 for games underneath the trophy description.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic