Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,581 to 26,600 of 27,917

veeflames

Hendesu wrote:

I just realized something. If Cloud is coming to Smash, then Sora has better chance to be a newcomer!

Took you long enough, didn't it?
All I just want are my Inklings and Professor Layton. If Sakurai wanted to add another swordwielder, Layton could have been the most unique choice, IMO.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Hendesu

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Hendesu wrote:

I just realized something. If Cloud is coming to Smash, then Sora has better chance to be a newcomer!

All I just want are my Inklings and Professor Layton. If Sakurai wanted to add another swordwielder, Layton could have been the most unique choice, IMO.

Wait, Professor Layton is a sword wielder?

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

UGXwolf

The door is open for Sora, but it was never really closed, in that sense. The only thing that has changed is that "Square would never allow that" is no longer a valid counter argument.

I do think Sora belongs in Smash. I don't think he's very likely in the near future as I can think of many characters that would be a more obvious pick and many characters that would be a less obvious, but more fitting pick.

In result, maybe in the next Smash. I don't see it happening here. But hey, that's just my conclusion, right? I've been wrong before.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

veeflames

Hendesu wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Hendesu wrote:

Wait, Professor Layton is a sword wielder?

It's probably the world's best kept secret... lol
In all seriousness, though. Professor Layton's a very skilled fencer. That should qualify as a unique sword wielder.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Grumblevolcano

@UGXwolf: I'd say there's plenty of questions to be asked before Sora seems a viable pick. The main one being whether the FF7 remake is PS4 exclusive, something we won't know until next year. Another is about the status of the KH franchise. Given Square has suddenly started being fair to Nintendo after several years of not cooperating, will KH3 along with the HD collections (1.5 Remix, 2.5 Remix, 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue) infact be on NX.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano: Neither one of those things matters in regards to Smash. Also, the FFVII remake is timed exclusive to PS4. Will likely come to PC and maybe NX later. XB1? If Microsoft pays Square Enix off. Otherwise no.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FriedSquid

I dunno, Sora would be nice and all but with Cloud already filling in as a Square rep I'd say he has even less of a chance now. And plus, there'd probably be a lot more hoops with Disney involved.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Angelic_Lapras_King

Just a theory, but I reckon Cloud won't be alone when get gets added (Like how Lucas got added with Roy and Ryu) and I think it be kind of cool if they made the other 2 fighters RPG characters too making it an RPG themed update.

Since Capcom already have 2 characters (And don't really have that many RPGs outside of Breath of Fire) perhaps representing Namco would be someone from the Tales series (Lloyd from Symphonia maybe?) which would probably settle a few FF Vs Tales dream battles, and for SEGA its a bit of a stretch and fan dream but maybe Vyse from Skies of Arcadia? I could see Cutless Fury or Blue Rouges attacks being his Final Smash and a flying ship stage flying around Arcadia and engaging in Ship Battles.

And I know, waaaaay more sword fighters but meh.

Angelic_Lapras_King

Tsuchinoko

FriedSquid wrote:

I dunno, Sora would be nice and all but with Cloud already filling in as a Square rep I'd say he has even less of a chance now. And plus, there'd probably be a lot more hoops with Disney involved.

This. The big Disney monster having a hand in my Smash? No thanks.

Plus, people are thinking way too much about company reps. If this truly is Sakurai's last game, he's going out with a bang and making his dream roster. And that doesn't only include third parties. At the latest Cloud was being worked on in the early days of the ballot, and conceptualized before. Cloud would build way more hype than surprising us with a ballot (Nintendo) character though, since we all have maybe the top 20 characters memorised by now. Sakurai knows what hes doing, and how and when to shock fans. That tweet gave away that there would be a surprise, but not what it was or how huge it would be.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Grumblevolcano

@Angelic_Lapras_King: RPGs, eh? How about some more Fire Emblem characters preferably from before Awakening?

Axe and lance wielders as well as laguz would fit very well so let's say Boyd, Nephenee and Ranulf from the Radiance games (GC + Wii). To make people even more excited, announce those 2 games for Wii U VC or as a HD remaster bundle.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Angelic_Lapras_King

@Grumblevolcano: FB probably has more then enough characters with 5. If they were to add another, I'd think it would be someone from Fates to promote the Western release (Might like how I reckon Wolf will return to promote SFZero.)

I was mostly think about how Capcom has 2 characters while SEGA and Bandai Namco ( who did have a hand in developing this game) just have the 1. Mind you if SE got a 2nd character too, it would probably be Sora idf the Disney Gods are okay with it, or maybe even a Dragon Quest character since DQ7 and 8 are coming to the west and the NX is probably getting X and XI...

Angelic_Lapras_King

NintendoFan64

@Grumblevolcano NO. I can already imagine the Hell that would break out if they announced another Fire Emblem character.
@Angelic_Lapras_King I'm assuming that a second SE character would be from Dragon Quest.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Tsuchinoko

@Angelic_Lapras_King: Remember that other than Ryu, every single one of our DLC characters have been from RPGs.

retropunky

In that case, bring on Ninten!

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Tsuchinoko

Angelic_Lapras_King

@Tsuchinoko: Well maybe that was Sakurai's plan all along, create the ultimate roster of RPG characters in the ultimate Smash up... XD

Angelic_Lapras_King

Tsuchinoko

Highly unsubstantiated rumor that the Smash direct will be on the third.

Untitled

I have reasons to think the image is fake but ill just leave it here.

Gridatttack

I hope its the 3rd... I hate waiting lol

Supposedly that image came from an update nintendo mistakenly did and then they removed it quickly.

But I find strange that if they indeed update it, the price would be included.

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic