Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,561 to 26,580 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

@IceClimbers Nah! Those belong to Konami. We all know that we'll get Pachinko Machine as a Konami rep!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

IceClimbers

@NintendoFan64 Ha!

Anyways, if we're not getting any Konami characters then we are pretty much stuck with Ryu Hayabusa from Koei Tecmo or Professor Layton from Level 5. Unless of course we get another character from Sega/Namco/Square Enix. Tails is probably the most likely choice in that scenario. Or Eggman.

If we go western, then there's Rayman and the two indies (Shovel Knight, Shantae).

Edit: There's also Crash and Spyro, but Activision is incredibly stingy. So is Square Enix, so I guess it's possible. I'd probably die laughing if Crash got in to Smash yet Sony couldn't get him into PSASBR.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Hendesu

FriedSquid wrote:

Untitled

Once you think about it, its sorta true. Who wants a predictable character when you can have a character that you'll never thought to be in?

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

-Green-

Mark my words, one day the Inklings will join Smash. Maybe not in Smash 4 or the Smash after it, but one day.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

IceClimbers

@Aromaiden: If they don't get in Smash 4, they are pretty much guaranteed for Smash 5.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tsuchinoko

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Hendesu

We're posting memes now? Ok.
Untitled

Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Tsuchinoko

@DarthNocturnal: I found that on tumblr. I thought it was brilliant.

I love that there are tons of Smash memes on my dashboard right now.

Btw I did play Ultimate Jump Stars. That game was fun.

Anybody feel like Snake is missing? Like, now with all the guest character fun he NEEDS to come back?

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Hendesu

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Anybody feel like Snake is missing? Like, now with all the guest character fun he NEEDS to come back?

Having him back would be nice, but since Pit has taken Snake special move(Aka Paultena guidance), Snake would kinda lose what made him special in the first place.
Nevertheless, I would love for him return with a new final smash.

[Started 10/31/15]

Tsuchinoko

Hendesu wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Having him back would be nice, but since Pit has taken Snake special move(Aka Paultena guidance), Snake would kinda lose what made him special in the first place.
Nevertheless, I would love for him return with a new final smash.

They'd just reuse his voice clips from Brawl but cut the codec stuff. His moveset hasnt been taken over by other characters or anything. Even ZSS' final smash works differently from his.

FriedSquid

The chances of this are probably even slimmer than Snake returning at all, but it would be pretty cool if they brought in Venom Snake as a "newcomer" instead of Solid Snake. I'm sure he would play similarily but they could give him new moves, like using his bionic arm or the Fulton as an Up B. If this happened they could also have Kiefer Sutherland on board to record new clips but they probably wouldn't bring back the codec function with Palutena's going on.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

NintendoFan64

@Hendesu Snake's Codec Calls didn't really count as a special move. They were easter eggs that you could activate with a taunt. Also, by your logic, Fox and Falco need to go because of the Starfox easter eggs.
@Tsuchinoko If Snake came back, I would welcome him with open arms. I don't see it happening (unfortunately), but if we DO end up getting one more guest throught the ballot (I don't think Cloud was a ballot winner. Sakurai said the next few characters would be fan-service, so why would he pick a character from the ballot that only a handful of people voted for, as opposed to someone lots of people voted for? If anything, he was either another personal pick from Sakurai like Ryu, or Square Enix asked him to put Cloud in.), it could end up being Snake because of fan-demand...or Rayman. Rayman would be nice.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Tsuchinoko

@FriedSquid: do you really think they'd get Kiefer Sutherland to record few lines for a DLC character? Especially since they can just reuse the old Brawl voice clips?

And they'd just be using new voices in the non-Japanese versions since Snakes Japanese voice actor has stayed the same.

FriedSquid

@Tsuchinoko Well, I figure if they can bring in Ryu's English VA to do some lines (though I'm not sure if his is a new one for SSB4 or not) or hire Cloud's VA for the trailer (again, not sure if this is a new Japanese VA for him, or if they will translate his lines to non-JP) then yes, I think it's possible they could get Kiefer Sutherland to do a bit for a DLC character.

However it is very unlikely so I did change my mind about the codecs, theyd probably just do away with those since Venom didn't really talk much and we have Palutena's already. And if they didn't get Sutherland at all then they'd probably reuse his grunts from Brawl like you said earlier.

Well, it's all highly unlikely anyway. I only was thinking about Venom Snake because it's the most recent entry, but maybe the voice acting could complicate it. If Snake returns they could update his look and possibly adapt him to Venom, or they could just reuse his Brawl design but make it look nicer in HD. I wonder which they would choose...

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Tsuchinoko

Here's a weird thing that I just noticed. I dont know if they did this for the non-Japanese directs, but in the last few seconds when they teased the December Smash direct, they were playing the music from Final Destination...from Brawl.

Megas75

@Tsuchinoko:

Considering all of the 3rd party characters included so far have been massive gaming icons, it only makes sense to bring him back.

It just depends on whether Konami can pull their head out of their ass

@The trailer's Brawl music. We're probably just looking to deep into things

Of course, it could mean we might finally get a new adventure mode

Edited on by Megas75

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

Eel

Well, they use brawl music everywhere in the game so it probably means nothing.

Unless they plan to add the final destination as the one final piece of DLC. That would be fun to look at, if only for the reactions.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Hendesu

I just realized something. If Cloud is coming to Smash, then Sora has better chance to be a newcomer!

[Started 10/31/15]

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic