Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,521 to 26,540 of 27,917

Joeynator3000

...Sakurai said a long time ago that no anime characters are getting in.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Jazzer94

Megumi wrote:

...Sakurai said a long time ago that no anime characters are getting in.

I know you're referring to the nico nico interview but he doesn't actually say that.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Joeynator3000

...Whatever, you guys keep on dreaming about Goku...

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Jazzer94

Megumi wrote:

...Whatever, you guys keep on dreaming about Goku...

I'm not dreaming about Goku just pointing out you're wrong like all the people who use these imaginary rules.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

UGXwolf

While there aren't rules, there is still common sense and speculation. Knowing that Sakurai has yet to do this thing or that thing makes it seem unlikely that this thing or that thing will ever happen. So why doesn't that logic seem to work? Sakurai loves to surprise his fans. I seriously think he'd have trouble sleeping at night if he didn't have some future surprise to giggle about before drifting off. (Actually makes me feel really sorry for him whenever leaks happen.) And nothing sirprises gamers more than breaking an established pattern. Sakurai has added heroes, villains, princesses, animals, non-fighters, old characters, obscure characters, 3rd Party characters, mature characters, and now even characters that have never appeared in their own game on any Nintendo system ever. The only solid line Sakurai has yet to break is that no character in the game originated outside of the gaming space. Some may think that's the barrier he'll break next. I think that's the one barrier he's going to respect most. But in all reality, Sakurai is not limited by any such guidelines. If a character is within reach, they're fair game for Smash. Or they would be...

See, Sakurai does face one major problem... Or two. Time and resources are the major limiting factors on what can and can't be in the game. This is why I said I think Cloud is the last 3rd Party character. Not because they can't or won't get more, but because they are likeky running low on time. Think about this: Smash 4 has been in development since the launch of Kid Icarus Uprising and in conceptual stages since Brawl was put aside.This game has eaten up nearly four years of a lot of people's time, and over eight years of Sakurai's time. They can't keep this up too much longer. In the end, I'm not Sakurai and I can't predict him any better than anyone else, but if I had to guess, Smash is nearly complete. We won't see much more content announced after this year. Maybe a stage or two. Some trophies or costumes, or something, but I think two more sets is all we're getting on playable characters. Which as I said, is likely anywhere from three to six characters. Plenty, I think.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

NintendoFan64

@UGXwolf The end is within reach...it's been one Hell of a ride, that's for sure! Anyways, I think roughly 3-4 might be the most we'd get.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DefHalan

Linkle for Smash!!!

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Hendesu

UGXwolf wrote:

While there aren't rules, there is still common sense and speculation. Knowing that Sakurai has yet to do this thing or that thing makes it seem unlikely that this thing or that thing will ever happen. So why doesn't that logic seem to work? Sakurai loves to surprise his fans. I seriously think he'd have trouble sleeping at night if he didn't have some future surprise to giggle about before drifting off. (Actually makes me feel really sorry for him whenever leaks happen.) And nothing sirprises gamers more than breaking an established pattern. Sakurai has added heroes, villains, princesses, animals, non-fighters, old characters, obscure characters, 3rd Party characters, mature characters, and now even characters that have never appeared in their own game on any Nintendo system ever. The only solid line Sakurai has yet to break is that no character in the game originated outside of the gaming space. Some may think that's the barrier he'll break next. I think that's the one barrier he's going to respect most. But in all reality, Sakurai is not limited by any such guidelines. If a character is within reach, they're fair game for Smash. Or they would be...

See, Sakurai does face one major problem... Or two. Time and resources are the major limiting factors on what can and can't be in the game. This is why I said I think Cloud is the last 3rd Party character. Not because they can't or won't get more, but because they are likeky running low on time. Think about this: Smash 4 has been in development since the launch of Kid Icarus Uprising and in conceptual stages since Brawl was put aside.This game has eaten up nearly four years of a lot of people's time, and over eight years of Sakurai's time. They can't keep this up too much longer. In the end, I'm not Sakurai and I can't predict him any better than anyone else, but if I had to guess, Smash is nearly complete. We won't see much more content announced after this year. Maybe a stage or two. Some trophies or costumes, or something, but I think two more sets is all we're getting on playable characters. Which as I said, is likely anywhere from three to six characters. Plenty, I think.

Smash is already completed. DLC is just extra content for people who is still not satisfied with the game. Doesn't mean its the part of the "incomplete game". Plus, I actually think Sakurai is going to break that "barrier' someday. He has broken tons of claims he made, so its not surprising that he'll announce Insert famous anime character as a playable character. People who still cling to the claims that "non-videogame characters or characters who didn't appeared on a Nintendo console are never going to be in Smash" need to wake up from their illusions of Nintendo and see reality. No rule will stay the same forever. Everything will eventually change.

Edited on by Hendesu

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

retropunky

Maybe in the future, we can have a Monster Hunter character. Anyway, at least we got another month to wait for the final Smash Direct.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

NintendoFan64

@TomJ Because it's been announced that this will be the last one.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Joeynator3000

NintendoFan64 wrote:

@TomJ Because it's been announced that this will be the last one.

...It has?...

Keep it PG-13-ish.

retropunky

Right.

The last Smash Direct, not Nintendo Direct. It seems all will be revealed for this one.

From the Nintendo Site:

A New Challenger Approaches!: Cloud Strife – the legendary protagonist from the classic RPG game FINAL FANTASY VII – will enter the battlefield as a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS in the future. Additionally, a special broadcast – the last one for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS – will be released in December. More information is available at the official Super Smash Bros. website.

Edited on by retropunky

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

IceClimbers

Note that they didn't say that it was the last of the DLC, just the last special Smash broadcast. We may get some in general Nintendo Directs later.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Hendesu

So technically.....its the last DLC character? If so, then hopefully it's Shovel Knight.

Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Hendesu

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Hendesu

Where did you get the idea that there's only one more character? He could reveal several in the presentation, which, almost seems likely, if it requires a stream SEPERATE from a Direct. Kinda like how Lucas, Roy, and Ryu were all covered in the pre E3 Smash presentation.

And uh... I thought you DIDN'T want Shovel Knight?

Idk, me and most etika fans talk about via Twitch. We just assumed it.
Also, I have love/hate relationship with Shovel Knight.
I really want him in Smash, but I don't want a predictable character like him to be playable.

[Started 10/31/15]

CapeSmash

So... let's take a look at the DLC characters we got. All of them so far are returning veterans, 3rd-party newcomers, and oddly enough, no Nintendo newcomers. This has gotten people to think that Smash character DLC from here on out will only be 3rd-party newcomers, and no Nintendo newcomers.

I made a post a few pages ago analyzing the few highly requested Nintendo characters left (Inklings, King K. Rool, Isaac, Bandanna Dee, and Paper Mario). I think that Inklings, King K. Rool, and Isaac are the most likely of them. I definitely think at least one of them will get into the game as DLC (but there's no predicting Sakurai, so who knows). I mean, it would be ludicrous not to include one of them. If Sakurai intended for the ballot to be a "fan-service" type of thing, then he would want to put in the characters that are highly-requested, and not someone that only a hand full of people asked for (Cloud) . Yes, I know the ballot is a suggestions box, but it just makes sense.

Sakurai said on Twitter that Cloud was a "difficult request" but could that mean he's from the ballot? Maybe by "request", he meant Cloud was a request by Square Enix? Who freaking knows. Sakurai is an unpredictable mad man, and Cloud could very well be from the ballot. If so, then I think it's safe to say that the ballot was not made with the fans in mind. But I guess we'll find out in December...

Also, let's think about this: no Nintendo newcomers, and only 3rd-part newcomers as DLC. Would this be a realistic and smart thing to do? Let's take a look...

• Most of the highly requested characters for Smash are 3rd-part characters.
  • 3rd-party characters create a lot more buzz than new Nintendo characters...
  • ...Because of this, 3rd-party characters would sell more than new Nintendo characters.
  • The top 2 most requested Nintendo characters (King K. Rool and Isaac), are considered by some to be "irrelevant" . Which makes people to believe that their sales would be poor compare to other DLC characters (Inklings would probably sell very well, though). So only adding 3rd-party newcomers as DLC, and no Nintendo newcomers would arguably be the easiest way to make a lot of money.

What does everyone else think of this theory? Because it's been going around a lot on Twitter and Smashboards lately. Personally, I think it would be horrible if Sakurai didn't add any Nintendo newcomers as DLC. But it actually does make sense for them not to do it though... 3rd-party characters = easy money and attention for Nintendo, Sakurai, and the 3rd-party company. (But like I said, I REALLY HOPE THIS ISN'T THE CASE. But I guess we'll find out in December...)

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Tsuchinoko

I think you guys are thinking too deep about it.

Anyway, lets discuss the things we ACTUALLY know about! Besides the main two battle themes we heard on the stage (which I'm 99% sure with be our two 3DS songs), what other music do you think the Midgar stage will have?

Aeris' theme is a possibility, as its not that outrageous for a song like that to appear. Even Theatrhythm Curtain Call made it into a battle theme.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Eel

I would expect all the FFVII battle songs, Aerith's theme and some other songs from that game (gold saucer theme, anyone?). I think One Winged Angel will be on both consoles, since it's about as overused as FFVII itself.

Some songs from other FF games would be nice too. Given the focus on Espers, maybe some from FFVI. Then again, Cloud has his Advent Children costume too, so I could see some songs from that movie being added.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Hendesu

Here's my predictions of FF songs appearing on Smash Bros.
Boss Battle A-FF1
Boss Battle B-FF1
Clash on the Big Bridge-FF1 (PSP version)
Battle to the Death-FF3
J-E-N-O-V-A-FF7
Hurry Up!- FF7
Birth of a God-FF7
Dancing Doll Calcobrena-FF4
Don't Be Afraid-FF8
Force Your Way-FF8
Maybe I'm a Lion- FF8
Battle Theme-FFX
Blinded By Light-FFXIII
Nail of the Heavens- FFXIV/Legacy

[Started 10/31/15]

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic