Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,501 to 26,520 of 27,917

iPunch_Very_Hard

@TheGreatLord: Why limit Smash Bros.? Can't you see with the addition of Cloud the limits are endless? Expand your mind. Goku is a Japanese fighting character. An anime icon. A legend. Smash Bros. is a Japanese fighting game. A legendary series. It's foolish not to let him join the battle. He is a worthy warrior. Goku has put in a lot of work. He's earned his stripes.

Edited on by iPunch_Very_Hard

***KO POWER***

Pootypie

...more like its foolish to let him join the battle. it wont happen

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

NintendoFan64

@iPunch_Very_Hard
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/03/22/mewtwo-dlc-takamaru-a...
Sakurai: But, you know I get requests like, “Please put Goku in”
Sugita: GOKU!?
Sakurai: “Please put Spongebob”
Sugita: SPONGEBOB?!
Sakurai: That’s impossible.
Sugita: Spongebob’s games are only sold abroad!
Sakurai: That’s right
Sugita: The really energetic, yellow square right?
Sakurai: Yes.
Sugita: Even Spongebob…
Sakurai: Well, those kinds of requests are pretty common.
Sugita: What about Yukawasen*, or Segata Sanshiro?
Sakurai: (laughs)
Sugita: …well I’m glad Sonic’s in.
Sakurai: That’s the point of Mii Fighters
Yeah...it isn't happening. The closest you're going to get is Ryu.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

iPunch_Very_Hard

@NintendoFan64: It shows that Nintendo is willing to allow more characters from different platforms. Nintendo might as well throw in Master Chief and Kratos. Nintendo did this for the fans. Goku would fit very well in Smash Bros. Saying he's not a video game character is a poor argument.

Edited on by iPunch_Very_Hard

***KO POWER***

iPunch_Very_Hard

@TheGreatLord "it wont happen" That's what they said about Cloud. Believe what you want. If you want to pretend it's still 1999 don't let me stop you. Clown.

***KO POWER***

NintendoFan64

@iPunch_Very_Hard 1. OR maybe it was because either A. Skaurai wanted to put in a Final Fantasy character, and Cloud is the most iconic character, or B. This is hinting at the FF 7 remake could potentially show up on Wii U or NX. 2. Sakurai specifically stating that Goku is impossible seems like a pretty good argument against him to me!

iPunch_Very_Hard

@NintendoFan64: Notice how Sakurai never elaborated on why Goku shouldn't be in the game? He has no argument. Goku is a GLOBAL ICON. He's transcendent. Everyone around the world knows who Goku is. He is more popular than Superman.

***KO POWER***

NintendoFan64

@iPunch_Very_Hard: But he still said that Goku is impossible-y'know what? Forget it.

iPunch_Very_Hard

@NintendoFan64: Goku is bigger than anime. He is a legend. He would put the Wii U on his back and save it. What is your argument? IF SOLID SNAKE WAS IN A SMASH BROS. GAME YOU HAVE NO BASIS TO SAY GOKU DOESN'T BELONG. Goku is a fighter. Smash Bros. is a fighting game. He fits!

***KO POWER***

Joeynator3000

As I said in the locked thread..."facepalms"

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Pootypie

anyone noticed cloud's forward air meteor smashes???

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

GrailUK

PLease don't get carried away with "FFVII remake confirmed for NX" nonsense. Realistically all Cloud in SSB shows us is that there is clearly buckets of goodwill between the two companies. If I was to speculate a little closer to the ground, I would suggest this could indicate Square Enix games coming to the VC (like Mario RPG) because god knows what is hindering that games release. This could be an indicator that something has been resolved.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

DefHalan

GrailUK wrote:

PLease don't get carried away with "FFVII remake confirmed for NX" nonsense. Realistically all Cloud in SSB shows us is that there is clearly buckets of goodwill between the two companies. If I was to speculate a little closer to the ground, I would suggest this could indicate Square Enix games coming to the VC (like Mario RPG) because god knows what is hindering that games release. This could be an indicator that something has been resolved.

I was guessing it was part of the deal to get Final Fantasy Explorers localized or something.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Whydoievenbother

iPunch_Very_Hard wrote:

Guys and guysettes, you need to read this.

Did Cloud open the door for Goku to be in Smash Bros.?

The addition of Cloud in Super Smash Bros. is going to undoubtedly sell Wii U's during Black Friday and Christmas.

Salute to Nintendo. They opened the doors for new characters. I never thought I'd see the day Nintendo working with their rival Sony to do something nice for the fans.

The game Cloud is from — Final Fantasy VII — was never on a Nintendo console or handheld. Also, Cloud belongs to Sony.

The announcement of Cloud in Smash really came out of nowhere.

More importantly, it opens the doors for a character like Goku to join Super Smash Bros. If Nintendo puts Goku in their game, fans would collectively show approval with their wallets. Goku would save the Wii U like he saved Earth using the Spirit Bomb powered, in part, by the people. Give Goku some of your lifeforce. You, the fans. He needs your help.

Moreover, it is not even up for debate. Unarguable. Goku would sell Wii U's — more than Cloud, in my professional opinion.

Well, although Goku isn't a video game character, Namco owns the rights to making Dragon Ball Z video games. Even then, the odds of Goku getting in Smash are very slim.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

DefHalan

NintyMan wrote:

I wonder when Cloud and the Midgar stage will come? It probably shouldn't take too long.

My guess is after the December Smash Direct, and probably have a couple surprise characters with it.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jazzer94

I think people need to get over these imaginary rules that don't exist and have never been mentioned by Sakurai or Nintendo.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic