Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,481 to 26,500 of 27,917

BigBabyPeach

@Tsuchinoko: I know, but Japan is a very proud, almost nationalistic, country and the Donkey Kong Country games are very much seen as a Western series in Japan. I mean even Miyamoto talked badly about those games saying the only reason they're successful is because of the graphics, not the gameplay.

@Morpheel: I agree 100%. Of course I have zero proof, but somehow I can't imagine Sakurai liking that character.

BigBabyPeach

DefHalan

So my brother and I were talking and we felt Cloud appears to be similar to Ike and Shulk.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

NintendoFan64

@BigBabyPeach All right...here is my counter:
1. While Diddy IS a bit more important than K Rool (more appearances, DK's sidekick), K Rool is still pretty damn important, in that he was the main antagonist of multiple DK games.
2. You said it yourself: You have zero proof. So why do you think Sakurai doesn't like the character? Could you please give a specific reason?
3. Yeah...about Miyamoto not liking DKC...
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2010/06/turns_out_shigeru_mi...
4. If the DKC series is seen as a Western series outside of Japan, and you believe that means we can't get another character, then, going by your logic, why would we have even gotten Diddy at all if he debuted in that series?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

I think it's more important wheter Sakurai likes donkey kong or not not miyamoto

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

NintendoFan64

@TheGreatLord I know, but I was just correcting him on that. It's weird how people still think that Miyamoto hated Donkey Kong Country, even though he specifically stated otherwise.

NintendoFan64

@DefHalan I do see some similarities. However, I also see some differences (for example, for Cloud's Up-B, it looks like you can choose whether or not you come hurtling down to the ground with an attack, or just float down, so his recovery is a bit better than Ike's.).

BigBabyPeach

@NintendoFan64: I'll give you 2 & 3 but I strongly disagree with your first point. Diddy Kong is like Donkey Kong's Luigi, is in all of the DK games and even got a spinoff series of his own: DK Racing. To say Diddy Kong is a bit more important than K. Rool would be the understatement of the century.
And I think I can answer the rest by saying that I'm just speculating like everybody else.

BigBabyPeach

NintendoFan64

@BigBabyPeach All right, fair enough. Counter-Counter: Just like how Diddy is DK's Luigi, K Rool is essentially his Bowser.

BigBabyPeach

@NintendoFan64: Ah I wish we could have ended this with a handshake but I just wanna say that Bowser is still here while K. Rool seems to have been discarded.....but I guess that you're right that most ppl still see him as DK's primary antagonist.

BigBabyPeach

cookiex

I remember Miyamoto saying somewhere that he was under heavy pressure at the time because the heads at Nintendo wanted Yoshi's Island to look more like Donkey Kong Country. It could have been him expressing frustration over everyone being so obsessed over graphics (it was at the height of the SNES/Genesis war after all) that gameplay became less of a factor.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Eel

Miyamoto has all the right to dislike some games. Maybe it was mistranslated and sounded a bit "meaner" than intended, but that doesn't mean the whole thing was a big accident.

I personally do find the games to be... Not so good. I believe it's mostly because I played them for the first time after their graphics had already gone from "innovative and fresh" to "dated and ugly".

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoFan64

@BigBabyPeach Let us just end it now. Truce until the December Direct where one of us will ultimately get dissapointed?

Edited on by NintendoFan64

Tsuchinoko

@BigBabyPeach: Lets try to keep politics out of this please.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

BigBabyPeach

@NintendoFan64: Sure, why not. Believe me, I'm trying hard not to offend K. Rool fans while also feeling the need to voice my opinions as a Smash Bros. fanatic.

BigBabyPeach

NintendoFan64

@BigBabyPeach It's alright. Just know that I disagree. For now, let's see what happens. Besides, it's not like you're one of those guys saying he'd just be a clone of DK or Bowser.

iPunch_Very_Hard

Guys and guysettes, you need to read this.

Did Cloud open the door for Goku to be in Smash Bros.?

The addition of Cloud in Super Smash Bros. is going to undoubtedly sell Wii U's during Black Friday and Christmas.

Salute to Nintendo. They opened the doors for new characters. I never thought I'd see the day Nintendo working with their rival Sony to do something nice for the fans.

The game Cloud is from — Final Fantasy VII — was never on a Nintendo console or handheld. Also, Cloud belongs to Sony.

The announcement of Cloud in Smash really came out of nowhere.

More importantly, it opens the doors for a character like Goku to join Super Smash Bros. If Nintendo puts Goku in their game, fans would collectively show approval with their wallets. Goku would save the Wii U like he saved Earth using the Spirit Bomb powered, in part, by the people. Give Goku some of your lifeforce. You, the fans. He needs your help.

Moreover, it is not even up for debate. Unarguable. Goku would sell Wii U's — more than Cloud, in my professional opinion.

***KO POWER***

Pootypie

goku isnt even a video game character

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

NintendoFan64

@iPunch_Very_Hard 1. Cloud does not belong to Sony. He belongs to Square Enix. 2. Goku will never be in Smash Bros. I fail to see how Cloud makes that even remotely possible.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic