Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,341 to 26,360 of 27,917

Hendesu

Is it bad that I can't wait for the salt when the ballot winner is announced? Because I have a funny feeling that the winner is something unpredictable.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Tsuchinoko

Hendesu wrote:

Is it bad that I can't wait for the salt when the ballot winner is announced? Because I have a funny feeling that the winner is something unpredictable.

Maybe. I mean, it will be someone that got votes. Most likely Sakurai and team will look at the top 25 or so and choose from there. It won't be someone totally out of nowhere like E. Gadd or Agatha.

Anyway, any more predictions? Three characters and two stages. Whoever is closest gets bragging rights.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Tsuchinoko

Oh crap it is spelled Agitha.

IceClimbers

@Morpheel: Still no Impa though. Impa > any other Zelda character in priority.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tsuchinoko

IceClimbers wrote:

@Morpheel: Still no Impa though. Impa > any other Zelda character in priority.

I honestly agree, and she has a long history in the series, and has appeared in more games than any other character outside of the main trio. Her Skyward Sword/Hyrule Warriors look is really cool with the Naginata. I'm glad she got her time to shine in Hyrule Warriors. She and Link were the starting characters right?

Most polls have no Zelda character in the top 50 in thd ballot though.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Eel

Well, not counting her appearance in Hyrule Warriors, Impa isn't very eventful... She's usually there, but kinda in the background and doing nothing. And we already have a sheikah warrior, which kinda limits her move set...

Her Skyward Sword version is pretty cool though. In the unlikely case she were voted to join, that's probably the one to choose. Though old lady Impa would be a nice surprise.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tsuchinoko

Morpheel wrote:

Well, not counting her appearance in Hyrule Warriors, Impa isn't very eventful... She's usually there, but kinda in the background and doing nothing. And we already have a sheikah warrior, which kinda limits her move set...

Her Skyward Sword version is pretty cool though. In the unlikely case she were voted to join, that's probably the one to choose. Though old lady Impa would be a nice surprise.

It would be a shame to not have that Skyward Sword design though. And with that giant sword she could be the Ike to Sheik's Marth. I think there's potential there.

IceClimbers

I'm sure there's some creative liberties that Sakurai could take. Not the first time we've seen that.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tsuchinoko

IceClimbers wrote:

I'm sure there's some creative liberties that Sakurai could take. Not the first time we've seen that.

Yeah, so really anything could happen, I'm just really liking Skyward Sword/Hyrule Warriors Impa.

Speaking of, I'm really curious about what Nintendo and Tecmo will do with Lana, since she's not a Zelda character but represents the hypothetical "Nintendo Warriors" franchise. That Mushroom Warriors game that people are speculating about would have her as well. If she was in Smash what icon would she use?

Eel

Lana is the typical overly-attached fangirl who writes fanfic and messes with reality. She can be her own series.

(Like, seriously, she's even both the all-poweful world-bending tragic villain and the always-cheerful sidekick who is secretly the all-powerful world-fixing tragic main character all the same time)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tsuchinoko

14.5 hours.

I do wonder how long before another Warriors game. I'm really looking forward to Legends. A Mushroom Warriors game would be fun.

Pootypie

What if they don't announce the ballot character this direct?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Hendesu

@TheGreatLord: Expect a lot complaints from a lot of fans.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Grumblevolcano

@Tsuchinoko: I think that depends on whether the things you're saying about other "Nintendo Warriors" games happen, as of now I think the typical Triforce logo for the LoZ characters is fine to use for Lana. Given Aonuma said he wants to put the Master Cycle from Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1 in a future Zelda game, we may see Lana return too. Sadly, I don't see the other big creation from Hyrule Warriors ever appearing in a main Zelda game and that's the concept of a female Link.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

yokokazuo

Anyone know if there was a private video in Nintendo's Smash Bros. playlist before?

Edit: Nevermind, I guess it was just the trailer for Smash Run or something.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Undead_terror

@yokokazuo: There was a private video before, some said that it was a commercial, other then that I wouldn't know anything about private smash videos.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

@Hendesu: That's always a possibility. There's so many things that this direct could be.

@Grumblevolcano: You're right, though I think that Lana is, at the earliest, going to happen in Smash 5 if ever. If a new non-Zelda Nintendo Warriors game comes out before then, she wouldn't be associated with just Zelda. Maybe they'd come up with a logo for the Nintendo Warriors brand. Again, IF they go through with that. Don't see why not though, since Hyrule Warriors did very well.

Tl;dr Lots of potential for the Nintendo Warriors brand and Lana.

CapeSmash

Sakurai retweeted the direct!

NEW CHARACTERS HERE WE COME!!

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic