Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,301 to 26,320 of 27,917

IceClimbers

1. Wolf
2. King K Rool
3. Pink Gold Peach Inkling

Stages: Some Splatoon stage and New Pork City (Wii U exclusive). 3DS gets Pacland for free.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tsuchinoko

@IceClimbers: very interesting

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Iggly

I'll put in some variety to the guesses since you two already stole my top 3 lol.

1. Shovel Knight
2. Shantae
3. Isaac

Stages: Great Bay and Fountain of Dreams

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

@Iggly: what would be a Shovel Knight stage? Ryu came with a stage. Guessing other DLC newcomers, especially 3rd party would too.

Iggly

@Tsuchinoko I assume they would either use the first level or the arenas you are put in when you fight a roaming enemy on the map. Though they could use the Enchantress' Castle as well, really any level in Shovel Knight would make a good stage in Smash lol.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

My guesses for characters in the Direct:

• Wolf
  • Inklings
  • Shovel Knight

Wolf can start the Direct which then leads straight into a Star Fox Zero portion, Inklings can end the Direct following a Splatoon portion and Shovel Knight can be in the middle near an indie sizzle reel.

EDIT: 2 stages, sure:

• Inkopolis
  • The Lich Yard (Specter Knight's stage in Shovel Knight, I think Specter Knight is the next DLC campaign?)

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FriedSquid

Alright, I'll bite...

1. King K. Rool
2. Inkling
3. Wolf

I would say probably a new Starfox stage if Wolf returns... something based off of Star Fox Zero but I don't know what yet. If this is the case maybe we'll see more footage of Star Fox Zero and some Star Wolf action, thus segueing into Smash DLC. Based on the ballot I'm not sure how likely he is but I think the new Star Fox game pushes his chances further. Maybe Sakurai has been saving him until now to reveal...

My guess for the Inkling would be the same, we'll probably see some Splatoon DLC news first, and next they'll show off the Smash DLC — a Splatoon stage could be almost anything, I would guess either one single map like Urchin Underpass or Inkopolis, or a stage that would morph between different maps. Either would probably have some kind of stage hazards, like putting fighters right in the middle of a Turf War?

I'm really close to wanting to bet on Shovel Knight and yes, even Snake. I'm still hopeful but it's unlikely compared to those three.

Also just for clarification, earlier @Megumi was talking about this Squid Girl, not the Inklings :

Untitled

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Tsuchinoko

FriedSquid wrote:

Alright, I'll bite...

1. King K. Rool
2. Inkling
3. Wolf

I would say probably a new Starfox stage if Wolf returns... something based off of Star Fox Zero but I don't know what yet. If this is the case maybe we'll see more footage of Star Fox Zero and some Star Wolf action, thus segueing into Smash DLC. Based on the ballot I'm not sure how likely he is but I think the new Star Fox game pushes his chances further. Maybe Sakurai has been saving him until now to reveal...

My guess for the Inkling would be the same, we'll probably see some Splatoon DLC news first, and next they'll show off the Smash DLC — a Splatoon stage could be almost anything, I would guess either one single map like Urchin Underpass or Inkopolis, or a stage that would morph between different maps. Either would probably have some kind of stage hazards, like putting fighters right in the middle of a Turf War?

I'm really close to wanting to bet on Shovel Knight and yes, even Snake. I'm still hopeful but it's unlikely compared to those three.

Also just for clarification, earlier @Megumi was talking about this Squid Girl, not the Inklings :

Untitled

That wasn't really my issue before but okay.

Pootypie

Am I the only one that would really like it if Sceptile makes it in???

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

KO-Cub

TheGreatLord wrote:

Am I the only one that would really like it if Pichu makes it in???

FIFY.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Tsuchinoko

TheGreatLord wrote:

Am I the only one that would really like it if Sceptile makes it in???

I mean, I wouldn't hate it. I see the appeal, and they might change him up a bit like Roy.

Grumblevolcano

@TheGreatLord: If any other Pokemon come to Smash 4 it should be Pichu solely because of being a veteran.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

KO-Cub wrote:

TheGreatLord wrote:

FIFY.

No... I mean Sceptile, they would be very different. Plus didn't Sakurai say that Pichu was intended to be a troll character?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

KO-Cub

TheGreatLord wrote:

KO-Cub wrote:

TheGreatLord wrote:

FIFY.

No... I mean Wailord, they would be very different.

Ahhh! Ok.
Seriously though, if Pichu was a troll, though Pichu does what Pichu does, then Dr.Mario... yeah.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Tsuchinoko

I kinda liked Ivysaur TBH. He was fun.

For veterans though, the trio of Wolf, Ice Climbers and Snake is what Im hoping for.

Joeynator3000

You guys use the @ thingy too much...lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

facepalms

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

Ivysaur was my favorite Pokemon Trainer pokemon. It would be nice if it (she?) returned.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LaserdiscGal

@Morpheel

Fun fact the gender ratio for Ivysaur is 87.5% male, 12.5% female.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic