Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,201 to 26,220 of 27,917

IceClimbers

Waluigi needs to get in before Daisy.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoFan64

@IceClimbers Agreed. Hell, he's already an assist trophy, which is just one step away from being playable.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

TeeJay

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@UGXwolf

I'm not sure if Rosalina really has that much personality... OK she's more reserved then Peach, on average. But it still feels like she's just... there. Maybe if they did more to flesh out her character, on par with what Luigi got in the early 2000s. But for now... meh.

You say her main appearances didn't do much for you, so I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say you never played long enough or explored the game enough to see her read the stories about her past.

It fleshes out her character more than any other Mario character to date and you'd have liked her a lot more had you bothered.

Assuming you hadn't bothered.

If you saw that and STILL don't like her, well.... I don't know what to tell you. I already don't know what to tell you about not liking the Galaxy games because wow. What is there not to like.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

NintendoFan64

Looks like Rogersbase fessed up to what he was hiding:
"I was initially told that we’d be getting a Splatoon Direct by the 23rd and that there may be a “Smashing” announcement at the end."
And then he said that he wasn't sure if it was Inkling...or Shovel Knight...why would they reveal Shovel Knight in a SPLATOON Direct!? Anyone else find something a bit off with this?
Edit: Looks like his sources goofed up.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

IceClimbers

@DarthNocturnal: Loved the powerups in the Galaxy games. Hated the ball rolling levels though.

UGXwolf

@DarthNocturnal: There's a few games on the way you might wanna keep an eye out for. I can't promise Yooka-Laylee, A Hat in Time, or the new Banjo-Kazooie will come anywhere near the glory of the 64 days, but we'll only be sure if we keep an eye out.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@UGXwolf

Rosalina hasn't really been featured in much of anything outside of sport and kart titles (much like Waluigi). And her few main game appearences were, in my opinion, not terribly interesting.

Maybe it's not so much that she completely lacks personality and character... but that said personality and character are kinda dull.

I disagree, and thats okay.

The main series mario games aren't big on dialogue, even in text. The storybook sequences were a way of fleshing out her character her flat-out monologing and giving us tons of exposition. Details are slight, she refers to her storybook "character" in the third person, and she doesn't give us a clear resolution to her past, and instead focusing on her emotional connection to the family of Lumas that she adopted as her children.

What she doesn't explicitly say makes her more interesting.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Eel

I kinda love the way Rosalina sounds like she's just pretending to have fun in Smash Bros. Like, she doesn't really feel comfortable around all the characters, but Mario invited her so she doesn't want to be rude.

Idk, her woo-hoos and yeahs kinda sound like that to me. Even her star ko scream sounds a bit faked.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tsuchinoko

Morpheel wrote:

I kinda love the way Rosalina sounds like she's just pretending to have fun in Smash Bros. Like, she doesn't really feel comfortable around all the characters, but Mario invited her so she doesn't want to be rude.

Idk, her woo-hoos and yeahs kinda sound like that to me. Even her star ko scream sounds a bit faked.

It works more so in the Japanese version with the FE characters, Ryu, and Wii Fit Trainer being so exaggerated.

Her monotone star KO is amazing.

KO-Cub

Morpheel wrote:

I just regret closing my eyes when I hit or Ko, Palutena.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Rexcalibr

Morpheel wrote:

I like her voice in Smash Bros and Mario Kart 7 so much more than how she sounds in Mario Party 10 and Mario Kart 8. She sounds different in the older games. It was a different voice actress and she had an echo to her voice.

Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

I wish the characters would still scream when they do a screen splat K.O.

Rexcalibr

Hendesu

Cricket noises

Since its the month of Halloween, I thought I'll share a spooky Smash Bros story tomorrow. It's basically Sakurai and some beta SSB4 content.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Tsuchinoko

@Hendesu: looking forward to it.

Pootypie

I remember how excited I was when I was watching the video... good times

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Gridatttack

I was trying to play online a moment ago, and it says the server is under maintenance.

Cue the rumors and supposed leaks that indicated something will happen next week :v

Also I was playing brawl for teh lulz with some friends, and I started to feel nostalgic for Wolf...he was my main before I stopped playing the game.
If hes returning, I will definitely make him my secondary.

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Tsuchinoko

Gridatttack wrote:

I was trying to play online a moment ago, and it says the server is under maintenance.

Cue the rumors and supposed leaks that indicated something will happen next week :v

Also I was playing brawl for teh lulz with some friends, and I started to feel nostalgic for Wolf...he was my main before I stopped playing the game.
If hes returning, I will definitely make him my secondary.

Huge chunk of maintenance scheduled for tomorrow.

IceClimbers

@DarthNocturnal: This maintenance is the eShop, DSi Shop, and Wii Shop Channel maintenance that was listed for last week but was changed to the NNID maintenance that was dropped in the end and resulted in a 3DS system stability update. Maybe they were just teasing us about upcoming maintenances. Either that, or the guy who updates the page had outdated info.

This eShop/DSi Shop/Wii Shop Channel maintenance is 6 hours long.

Edited on by IceClimbers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic