Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,101 to 26,120 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

Why...I mean...

If you look at the rest of that website, its clear that video game news isn't really their speciality.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

Guys! I just came back from the cyber world where I hacked into the brains of Masahiro Sakurai, Shigeru Miyamoto, Tatsumi Kimishima, and a few seemingly random developers. I know all of the things, and I can't really tell you much out of respect for the developers, but I will gladly completely ruin this surprise for you:

Nintendo will be having a full Direct the size of the Digital Event to talk about a major Splatoon update, reveal two Smash characters, one of whome may or may not have been in progress when they revealed his amiibo and the other is totally not a kid of some sort that may or may not potentially be in some form or another squiddy. They will also announce Amiibo cards for Pokemon and release then one generation at a time, starting with gen 1. Only particularly iconic Pokemon will be getting amiibos. They'll also bring up the Smash ballot, but refuse to explain who is going to be added from the ballot, but hint that there will be characters in the future for veterans and newcomers alike. (They won't say it near as obviously as I just did.) they will also take a moment to promote Fatal Frame V and explain that there's a free-to-start demo on the eShop. Pokemon will be involved, but only minimally, and no mention of Pokemon Go anywhere. This Direct will also touch on Amiibo Festival and Xenoblade Chronicles, but will infuriatingly put more time into Yokai Watch. They'll also mention Mario Maker is getting DLC, but follow it up immediately with "we'll talk more about that at a later date." And no, they're not going to address the Elephant in the Room. Iwata won't be mentioned even once. They will all be wearing an article or accessory relating to one of his games, though, which they'll draw no attention to. This Direct was going to be Tuesday the 20th, but has been moved to Thursday the 22nd to hirt the credibility of certain Internet rumors that have been floating around.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

TeeJay

@UGXwolf I knew it. I just couldn't say anything to protect my sources.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Rexcalibr

Well I'm glad the Inklings would be in but I really don't care about Shovel Knight. Can't wait to see the Inklings though. I wonder if they will reuse the voice clips from Splatoon because I like their voice a lot.

Rexcalibr

Eel

Rexcalibr wrote:

Well I'm glad the Inklings would be in but I really don't care about Shovel Knight. Can't wait to see the Inklings though. I wonder if they will reuse the voice clips from Splatoon because I like their voice a lot.

I actually feel the other way around. Which is odd, considering I haven't played those two games so one would say I'd be indifferent to both characters.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tsuchinoko

Rexcalibr wrote:

How do they sound? Is it a similar mumble talk as in the Chibi-robo or Animal Crossing games?

yokokazuo

@Tsuchinoko

Just something I found on YouTube, they used some of the sounds female inklings make when you use the "Nice" or "Booyah" shoutout. マンメンミ is a made up word for what the shoutout sounds like.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Eel

From what I know, they sound like they're talking halfway underwater.

Ya know, as if water got into their mouths and made them gargle. Just a bit more cute.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

-Green-

Morpheel wrote:

Which is kind of ironic considering their ink bodies fall apart when they touch water.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Rexcalibr

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

How do they sound? Is it a similar mumble talk as in the Chibi-robo or Animal Crossing games?

Yeah, they sound kind of like Yoshi.

Rexcalibr

Eel

Aromaiden wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

Which is kind of ironic considering their ink bodies fall apart when they touch water.

Maybe they have ink in their mouths?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

veeflames

Morpheel wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

Maybe they have ink in their mouths?

Uh... what does that even mean?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Hendesu

UGXwolf wrote:

Guys! I just came back from the cyber world where I hacked into the brains of Masahiro Sakurai, Shigeru Miyamoto, Tatsumi Kimishima, and a few seemingly random developers. I know all of the things, and I can't really tell you much out of respect for the developers, but I will gladly completely ruin this surprise for you:

Nintendo will be having a full Direct the size of the Digital Event to talk about a major Splatoon update, reveal two Smash characters, one of whome may or may not have been in progress when they revealed his amiibo and the other is totally not a kid of some sort that may or may not potentially be in some form or another squiddy. They will also announce Amiibo cards for Pokemon and release then one generation at a time, starting with gen 1. Only particularly iconic Pokemon will be getting amiibos. They'll also bring up the Smash ballot, but refuse to explain who is going to be added from the ballot, but hint that there will be characters in the future for veterans and newcomers alike. (They won't say it near as obviously as I just did.) they will also take a moment to promote Fatal Frame V and explain that there's a free-to-start demo on the eShop. Pokemon will be involved, but only minimally, and no mention of Pokemon Go anywhere. This Direct will also touch on Amiibo Festival and Xenoblade Chronicles, but will infuriatingly put more time into Yokai Watch. They'll also mention Mario Maker is getting DLC, but follow it up immediately with "we'll talk more about that at a later date." And no, they're not going to address the Elephant in the Room. Iwata won't be mentioned even once. They will all be wearing an article or accessory relating to one of his games, though, which they'll draw no attention to. This Direct was going to be Tuesday the 20th, but has been moved to Thursday the 22nd to hirt the credibility of certain Internet rumors that have been floating around.

Can't tell it's legit or not....

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Tsuchinoko

yokokazuo wrote:

@Tsuchinoko

Just something I found on YouTube, they used some of the sounds female inklings make when you use the "Nice" or "Booyah" shoutout. マンメンミ is a made up word for what the shoutout sounds like.

Thats so funny, マンメンミ. I looked it up and its specifically the Inklings squid language. Nintendo is always so creative with their IPs. Unfortunately I'm at work and can't watch it, but if it sounds like the katakana then I can get an idea.

@hendesu He did put a lot of work into that...I hope he's right and just doesn't know it. Like he saw the future in a dream.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

PSA! There will be a big Nintendo wide maintenance on the 19th-20th depending on the region. A lot of people are already making theories that there will be Smash DLC. It doesn't specifically say anything about Smash though. Its probably an e-shop update.

TeeJay

If they really announce Smash DLC on the 19th that would be the perfect birthday gift.

....That I'd have to buy. Lol

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pootypie

TeeJay wrote:

If they really announce Smash DLC on the 19th that would be the perfect birthday gift.

....That I'd have to buy. Lol

would of been perfect gift for me if it was on 11th

am i the only one who wants color swaps for dlc?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic