Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,061 to 26,080 of 27,917

TheKingOfTown

So do you guys think the Shovel Knight rumor is more likely to be true or the Inkling one?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

IceClimbers

@TheKingOfTown: At this point, I don't really know. Possibly both. Both of them were reported on by guys that are proven to have reputable sources (Liam R in SK's case and Stealth and RogersBase in Inkling's case).

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DreamyViridi

With any luck, Nintendo will reveal something. Hate leaks and rumours but I'm all for the Inklings and I can easily see the potential moveset. Although I know my luck and wouldn't be surprised if the one time I hope a rumour is real is the time that it's all fake...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TeeJay

I would definitely welcome the Inklings as a fighter with open arms if they're indeed the next fighters.

I do hope that you'll be able to swap between male and female Inklings like Robin/Villager though.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

IceClimbers

NWPlayer123, a known Splatoon dataminer, has been theorizing that we'll see a Direct this week revealing that playable Octoling update among other things. She specifically predicts this Wednesday, the 14th. While this is mostly based on estimates, she has nailed certain dates on when specific content was supposed to be available in the past.

It lines up pretty well with the Stealth rumor specifying "the next two weeks". So, if the rumor is true and we are getting Inkling, and NWPlayer is correct, then we'll get a Direct of sorts (Splatoon Mini Direct?) detailing this update and the Smash reveal with it. Either that, or it's just a really crazy coincidence.

My prediction a page or two back might have been spot on

IceClimbers

@TeeJay: I'd be shocked if that wasn't the case.

Anyways, I'd say the only thing that makes me wary of this whole thing is just how perfectly this all lines up.

Edit: And to add fuel to that fire, Niantic did say that they plan to talk about more in-depth details about Pokemon Go in mid-October. Hmm...

Perhaps we're getting a general Direct that will talk about the Octoling update, Inkling Smash reveal, and Pokemon Go among other things?

Edited on by IceClimbers

CapeSmash

I wouldn't mind Inklings, as long as they aren't from the ballot. If they get in as pre-ballot, then cool. If they get in as a ballot character, then that would just be weird and disappointing to me. I can't put my finger on exactly why, but maybe because they're too new. Having a character that's only 5 months old (I think) be one of the ballot winners would be awkward to me. Sounds more like a character they would add in to promote Splatoon rather than "the fans' pick."

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

IceClimbers

@CapeSmash: Well, based on the rumor, Inkling would not be a ballot character. The idea that there's a non-ballot character other than Wolf honestly isn't that far-fetched considering two of the three current placeholder slots have been there since the Mewtwo patch in April.

IceClimbers

@DarthNocturnal: Well, that's mostly speculation. Main reason I mentioned a Splatoon Mini Direct is one of the points of the rumor, which is that when Sean is able to link to a "big event", it will be pretty straightforward from there as to who the character is, and I feel as though a Splatoon Mini Direct would make it far more straightforward than a general Direct would.

That being said, if our first Direct after Iwata's passing is a Splatoon Mini Direct, it would be rather anticlimactic.

On a side note though, I'm not entirely sure talking about Pokemon Go and revealing the first DeNA mobile game in the same Direct is the best idea, as that would probably confuse some people.

Also, I honestly think that the only upcoming holiday game that Nintendo is really going to want to talk about is that DeNA mobile game. Well, that and marketing for Yokai Watch. I feel as though amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis will receive minimal promotion.

IceClimbers

Ok, so now Sean is trying to clarify his tweets

Either it is Inkling and he's trying to deny it to protect his sources and whatnot, he's telling the truth and this character is still Inkling, or he's telling the truth and it isn't Inkling. Regardless of the outcome, I do feel bad for Sean and the others. They've gotten quite a bit of harassment over this whole thing. Like come on, being eager to know the info is one thing, but vulgar threats and harassment? Really people?

Tsuchinoko

I'm happy with the content thats currently in the game, so I'm not DLC starved by at all. I'm having a blast with the game stillwa year after release.

I do think that with the ballot being over nearly two weeks, no news yet on the Lucas/Roy/Ryu amiibos, no definite Star Fox Zero release date, Splatoon DLC rumours, limited info on the NX, as well as the Dena games, we're needing a nice meaty Direct sometime soon.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Hendesu

EDIT: You know what? Nevermind. Uploading a video on here is more difficult than unlocking a safe. Here's the video link of: http://youtube.com/watch?v=p-ms-2n2c3c

Edited on by Hendesu

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Hendesu

Morpheel wrote:

@Hendesu: you need to leave empty lines before and after the video for it to work.

I tried, but the video only showed up when there's nothing else but the video link.

But anyway about the video, Sakurai just announced the ballot winner!

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic