Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,041 to 26,060 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers: I'm thinking the same thing. As Nintendo's holiday lineup is extremely weak, the focus turns to their biggest games of the past year for more content. Nintendo will try and sell more Wii U consoles by hyping up Splatoon, Smash and Super Mario Maker more.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Retro_on_theGo: He only said that him "knowing all of the ballot winners" isn't it because that would obviously be a 10 on the hype scale. He didn't say it wasn't Smash related. Besides, the others claim this newcomer isn't Ballot related. I get the feeling the news Roger is referring to is this "big event" that Sean Hicks talked about, as Roger said the news was something where "we'd know it when we see it", while Sean said this big event would be pretty straightforward. This big event would be how/where the new character would be revealed.

All the details we know point towards Inkling. The big event being the playable Octoling update for Splatoon and/or a Direct revealing said update and character lines up perfectly.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TeeJay

Why even bother saying anything if you can't say anything.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

IceClimbers

@Retro_on_theGo: Well, we are in a hype drought at the moment. That makes anything go up a point or two on the hype scale.

IceClimbers

On a separate note, Hungrybox is trolling people on the ongoing Shovel Knight rumors.

martinskrtel37

TeeJay wrote:

Why even bother saying anything if you can't say anything.

to build hype!

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

martinskrtel37

i really hope it isn't inklings

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

IceClimbers

It honestly most likely is Inkling if these guys are telling the truth.

The only legitimate argument I've seen against including Inklings in Smash 4 is that they wouldn't able to meet their full moveset potential due to technical limitations with the 3DS version or possibly even Smash 4's engine in general, and that if they did get in with a moveset that works with the limitations they'd be stuck with a half-baked moveset in the long haul like Ganondorf due to Sakurai not wanting to upset people who liked the way the character played previously. Of course, the counter argument to that would be Pit, who plays nothing like he did in Brawl.

Hendesu

I just gonna say this: Indies shouldn't be in Smash. Better to keep with Nintendo or 3rd party characters.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

TeeJay

Hendesu wrote:

I just gonna say this: Indies shouldn't be in Smash. Better to keep with Nintendo or 3rd party characters.

Why? Why the exclusionary attitude?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Tsuchinoko

Hendesu wrote:

Umm, you do know indie games are still third party right?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

KO-Cub

Duck Hunt fits that quite well. I'm pretty sure ROB didn't even have a game (Did it?) cause ROB was just an accessory for basically 2 player.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Eel

If the reasoning agaisnt Shovel Knight is "only one game, too new, not iconic enough", then the inklings should be excluded too

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Storytime7

@Morpheel: Shovel Knight is also not a Nintendo character. Why should a third party character be in a game about Nintendo characters if they are not even iconic?

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Eel

@Storytime7: you do know not all the characters in the game are owned by Nintendo, right?

They also said that any video game character had chances when they started the ballot.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Rexcalibr

When does the new character of DLC get revealed? Is there a date?

Rexcalibr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic