Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 26,021 to 26,040 of 27,917

Pootypie

I don't mind whoever gets added at this point. Sakurai can really make any character good, so anyone may turn out much better than we thought they would be. I would be really happy if King K Rool gets added though.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

crimsontadpoles

NintyMan wrote:

So long as K. Rool makes it, I don't care who else does. They should add the top three of the Fighter Ballot, though other characters could just be decided outside of it.

It's funny that people complain that Shovel Knight is just from one game, yet there are already characters from one game like Dark Pit, Lucina, Robin, and before them, the Ice Climbers. Robin and Lucina went on to be in more games, so that criticism doesn't add up. I think Shovel Knight could have an interesting moveset, and even though he would have more in common with swordfighters, already a big class in the current Smash, he would still be different for wielding a shovel.

My main criticism of Shovel Knight in Smash Bros is that there has only been one Shovel Knight game, but there has been multiple Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem games. I'd much prefer a character from a series that has multiple games such as Shantae, Professor Layton or Rayman.

However, Shovel Knight could have a very interesting moveset, so I'll be fine with him in it once we see a reveal trailer.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

LzWinky

crimsontadpoles wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

So long as K. Rool makes it, I don't care who else does. They should add the top three of the Fighter Ballot, though other characters could just be decided outside of it.

It's funny that people complain that Shovel Knight is just from one game, yet there are already characters from one game like Dark Pit, Lucina, Robin, and before them, the Ice Climbers. Robin and Lucina went on to be in more games, so that criticism doesn't add up. I think Shovel Knight could have an interesting moveset, and even though he would have more in common with swordfighters, already a big class in the current Smash, he would still be different for wielding a shovel.

My main criticism of Shovel Knight in Smash Bros is that there has only been one Shovel Knight game, but there has been multiple Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem games. I'd much prefer a character from a series that has multiple games such as Shantae, Professor Layton or Rayman.

However, Shovel Knight could have a very interesting moveset, so I'll be fine with him in it once we see a reveal trailer.

cough Ice Climbers cough

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

crimsontadpoles

LztheQuack wrote:

crimsontadpoles wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

cough Ice Climbers cough

I can't argue with that. Ice Climbers are awesome and I would have still loved to have seen them in the latest games.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

NintendoFan64

@TomJ Actually, that was Ado in Dreamland 3. She just looks a lot like Adeline. Anyways, I would love to see Adeline show up in another game, but I don't think she'll be showing up in Smash anytime soon.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

IceClimbers

Hmm, yet another person on Twitter seems to have caught wind of the info that Stealth and RogersBase know about. This guy also claims it will be revealed this month and isn't a Ballot Character. He also says that when he can share a link to a "big event", it will be straightforward from there. Kind of fits with what Roger said about "you'll know it when you see it".

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoFan64

@IceClimbers Damnit! You beat me to the punch! I will now plot my diabolical vengeance upon yeh...it involves cows!

IceClimbers

@NintendoFan64: Yup, that's who I was referring to. I wonder if more people will catch wind of this info soon before it's revealed.

NintendoFan64

@IceClimbers As long as none of them leak the character, I don't care.

IceClimbers

@NintendoFan64: Indeed. Apparently Sean Hicks wanted K Rool and Banjo the most, but he contributed to the Smashified art for Inkling. So the speculation falls right back down to the same two characters: King K Rool and Inkling.

NintendoFan64

@IceClimbers I THINK that it might be Inkling. The reason is that it's supposed to not be much of a surprise, and their inclusion in Smash Brothers is basically inevitable. Plus, apparently the character isn't even coming out of the ballot, so it can't be someone like K Rool, who I'm guessing would be a ballot character.

IceClimbers

@NintendoFan64: I have a feeling it's Inkling as well, however K Rool does still fit the description. It not being a ballot pick means that they planned the character beforehand either due to overwhelming support from fans or they planned it on their own accord. K Rool's been heavily requested since Melee, so I'm sure they're well aware of the demand for the character.

Inkling makes a lot of sense for promotional reasons. It would reignite the hype train for both Smash and Splatoon in time for the holidays.

NintendoFan64

@IceClimbers Good point. But that does make me wonder as to why they wouldn't have put him in already if they noticed the support for him over the years.

IceClimbers

@NintendoFan64: Other characters that were more heavily requested I guess. Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Little Mac, Sonic, Mega Man, etc were very heavily requested for Melee, Brawl, and vanilla Smash 4. All of those characters are out of the way now, so K Rool is at the forefront.

IceClimbers

Here's another person who claims he knows about this info, though I'm not sure about him since his Twitter bio literally says he sometimes talks out of his behind:

Edited on by Eel

NintendoFan64

@IceClimbers Somebody at Nintendo isn't good with keeping secrets.

Undead_terror

Funny how they are like "Oh ya we know who's coming out, we know most details about them!...however we can't say anything about it....LOL" even if they did say it we would have to take it with a grain of salt, maybe I should make my own rumor with blackjack, and hookers!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@NintendoFan64: That's for sure.

I'm gonna take a guess and say that the newcomer is Inkling, and that the "big event" is a big Splatoon update that adds playable Octolings among other things. The news that Roger is referring to is the Splatoon update, or perhaps even a Splatoon Direct revealing the update and character. That would rank about an 8 or a 9 on the hype scale. Roger never did say that his info was Smash related, but he didn't say it wasn't either.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic