Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 261 to 280 of 27,917

shingi_70

Limelight_788 wrote:

This is my new roster here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13849938#post1384...

What do people think of it?

Not a Fan. Some of the Character choices seem Random and not needed. It also barks the Tradtion of having the Fighters represent where nintendo is currently with stuff like Girl Diddy Kong girl. Then your choices for KI seem weird. Why Have Paulenta and Medusa when that Guy with the giant sword seems tailor made for smash. The Fire Emblem guy is going to be replaced with Ike and guy from the 3DS game.

Your pokemon choices seem random becuse based on Lucario that Zekrom dude is going to be next. Toad isn't going to be chosed after the Skyward Sword Villian.

Get Rid of Wolf and change Falco's move set. (get rid of all clones period)

Sakurai already explained why Ridley wouldn't work.

Take out Shiek and replace her with impa to represent skyward sword. (still the same basic gameplay type)

Toon Link will be replaced with Whatever the Design for Zelda 3DS is.

No one from Xenoblade or the Last story.

Alor of the chacters (the Duck Hunt Dog) don't have viable movesets.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Joeynator3000

By the way, I didn't see anyone else say it so I'm going to...
I'm calling out that I have a feeling that Retro Studios will be involved in these two games, lol.
So, if you see that its official, I CALLED IT! xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Adam

This is not Retro's kind of game. If Sakurai wanted to work with Nintendo's developers, he wouldn't have left Nintendo to form his own company.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Joeynator3000

I can still see it happening, just you wait. >.>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

shingi_70

Isn't this one of the reasons why Sakurai in charge of two studios. He doesn't need Retro.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

RYBlast

shingi_70 wrote:

What if it's Toon Link?

Edited on by RYBlast

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

ItsFuzzyPickles

shingi_70 wrote:

Some of the Character choices seem Random and not needed. It also barks the Tradtion of having the Fighters represent where nintendo is currently with stuff like Girl Diddy Kong girl.

We're likely to get at least one unexpected choice. Sakurai has stated that a roster of all popular characters isn't interesting to him and I would agree. I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the second sentence.

shingi_70 wrote:

Then your choices for KI seem weird. Why Have Paulenta and Medusa when that Guy with the giant sword seems tailor made for smash.

Both are far more important to Kid Icarus then Magnus from what we've seen. Putting Magnus before Palutena or Medusa is like putting Bowser Jr. before Peach and Bowser, it doesn't make sense and not something Sakurai would do.

shingi_70 wrote:

The Fire Emblem guy is going to be replaced with Ike and guy from the 3DS game.

What exactly are you trying to say here? Are you saying that Ike will be replaced with Krom? I very much doubt that. We know pretty much nothing about Krom's personality and many have noted the similarities he possess with Ike, which has discouraged people from supporting him. If Krom is not received well, don't expect him to be in, let alone replace Ike. Still, I think Fire Emblem will get a third slot. If Krom doesn't get it, Roy will. We'll have to see what people think of Krom.

shingi_70 wrote:

Your pokemon choices seem random becuse based on Lucario that Zekrom dude is going to be next.

Zoroark, while definitely a possibility, is not a shoe-in. There's the possibility of 5th gen being overlooked for the 6th gen mascot depending on how long development takes. Even if we do get a 5th gen Pokemon (which I'm expecting), he still is not guarantee as there are other possibilities. Victini is one possibility that I've mentioned for the reasons I put in when choosing it. 5th gen is still early in it's lifespan (just over a year old) and which Zoroark not being nearly as popular as Lucario, I still feel as the mascot of the 5th gen is undecided.

Plus I feel as Zoroark isn't really a great choice. Do we seriously need to have yet another humanoid Pokemon for Smash when we have Mewtwo and Lucario to dig from? Plus the signature Illusion ability runs a great risk of being either not there or being butchered. If butchered, it would just be Zoroark transforming into another character and copying the moves, which if that was the case, why not have Ditto do the job; who actually is known for this? Also, Zoroark is mostly synonymous with being a Lucario replacement, so many people who support him don't really want him anyway, they just think cuts are inevitable (even thought there's no definitive pattern) and look towards Zoroark as a replacement for Lucario. If not for that, the amount of supporters would see a major drop.

shingi_70 wrote:

Get Rid of Wolf and change Falco's move set. (get rid of all clones period)

Not happening. Wolf deserved to be in Brawl and Star Fox 64 3D got released, keeping him relevant. Probably not going anywhere. Also, I never stated anything about clones and it's unrealistic to expect every character to have unique move sets when there has yet to be a definitive case in which a successful fighting game has gone by without it. Without clones, Melee would only have 20 instead of 25, so they can also work as a way to bump up character numbers. I don't like them, but we will have to deal with them (although hopefully in lesser form).

shingi_70 wrote:

Sakurai already explained why Ridley wouldn't work.

The size issue doesn't matter. Many characters have been re-sized. If Olimar can be re-sized, so can Ridley.

shingi_70 wrote:

Take out Shiek and replace her with impa to represent skyward sword. (still the same basic gameplay type)

Not happening. Sheik is relevant thanks to the 3D Ocarina of Time remake and she has already been in Melee and Brawl. I guarantee you that Sheik will return. The concept that Sheik needs to be cut for Impa is one of the dumbest cut suggestions I see being frequently mentioned. Once Zelda and Sheik are shown to return, hopefully the Impa bandwagon will die.

shingi_70 wrote:

Or it could be Toon Link and he returns. We know absolutely nothing about Zelda 3DS other then that it exists. That's it. The only way I see Toon Link going is if he is replaced by Young Link (which depends on if Majora's Mask 3D is made soon).

shingi_70 wrote:

No one from Xenoblade or the Last story.

I doubt any of the Operation: Rainfall characters will be playable in Smash 4. Other newer series are better choices and more likely.

shingi_70 wrote:

Alor of the chacters (the Duck Hunt Dog) don't have viable movesets.

Neither did R.O.B. and look how that turned out.

Sakurai only thinks of move sets after he selects a character, not when deciding it. Importance, relevancy, and popularity are the three factors that will decide a character, not move set potentials.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Noire

If anyone else from Fire Emblem deserves to be put in, it's Lord Hector. >:[

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

IAmNotWill

Limelight_788 wrote:

Both are far more important to Kid Icarus then Magnus from what we've seen. Putting Magnus before Palutena or Medusa is like putting Bowser Jr. before Peach and Bowser, it doesn't make sense and not something Sakurai would do.

No it's not. The Kid Icarus series isn't as big and I doubt it will get represented with 3 characters. Adding Palutena would be like adding Toadsworth into Smash. They pretty much hang back while the heroes do the work.

Plus I feel as Zoroark isn't really a great choice. Do we seriously need to have yet another humanoid Pokemon for Smash when we have Mewtwo and Lucario to dig from? Plus the signature Illusion ability runs a great risk of being either not there or being butchered. If butchered, it would just be Zoroark transforming into another character and copying the moves, which if that was the case, why not have Ditto do the job; who actually is known for this? Also, Zoroark is mostly synonymous with being a Lucario replacement, so many people who support him don't really want him anyway, they just think cuts are inevitable (even thought there's no definitive pattern) and look towards Zoroark as a replacement for Lucario. If not for that, the amount of supporters would see a major drop.

This is all speculation. Ditto would be broken, and why bring back Mew-two and Lucario? We don't need every character in Smash existence brought back. Each game should have it's own roster so it's worth coming back to.

The size issue doesn't matter. Many characters have been re-sized. If Olimar can be re-sized, so can Ridley.

If Sakurai said it won't happen, It won't happen.

Neither did R.O.B. and look how that turned out.

Sakurai only thinks of move sets after he selects a character, not when deciding it. Importance, relevancy, and popularity are the three factors that will decide a character, not move set potentials.

Don't count on it. The Duck Hunt dog doesn't even have a name. It isn't relevant since Duck Hunt is nearly a 30 year old game and you're the only person I've seen that has wanted him so I don't really think he's all that popular.

Bottom line, the game hasn't even started development yet and you seem pretty sure about some of your roster choices. The game is a few years away from release so anything could happen.

EDIT: After reading your forum post, Toad seems like one of the most boring characters to be put it. He already makes a cameo as apart of Peach's moveset and as a trophy. That's all he needs. I can tell you right now we will not get a Samurai Warriors character.

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

ItsFuzzyPickles

Its-Mii-Will wrote:

No it's not. The Kid Icarus series isn't as big and I doubt it will get represented with 3 characters. Adding Palutena would be like adding Toadsworth into Smash. They pretty much hang back while the heroes do the work.

I doubt Sakurai cares about representation that much. Especially when Animal Crossing has none and Earthbound has two. It's about the characters itself and Medusa and Palutena are very strong characters that will be very important to Kid Icarus, relevant, and highly popular. They'll likely fall into the Top 10 most wanted requests for SSB4 once the game is out.

And adding Palutena would be more similar to adding Zelda; who BTW, was in Melee and Brawl. A very important female character with a strong focal point revolving around that character (the Japanese version of Kid Icarus was called Palutena's Mirror).

Its-Mii-Will wrote:

This is all speculation. Ditto would be broken, and why bring back Mew-two and Lucario? We don't need every character in Smash existence brought back. Each game should have it's own roster so it's worth coming back to.

There are other things that can appeal to the game other then rosters that can make it worth coming back to. Stages, musics, modes, stickers, and the game play. And beside, the developers are more concern about making a high quality product now and having consumers buy and enjoy it. We don't need to force consumers to buy an outdated game just to play as a different character.

As to why Mewtwo should return, it is one of the most wanted characters for SSB4 and in Japan, the second most wanted behind Roy. It is also the character that was the closest to completion in SSBB, indicating that Sakurai wanted to bring back Mewtwo, but could not. Finally, it is very important to the Pokemon franchise, a very important Legendary and is #2 on the IGN's 100 most popular Pokemon (which had over 10 million votes). It is only behind Charizard, who is playable in Brawl.

Lucario was well-received in Brawl, was by far the most popular 4th gen Pokemon (and the one most advertised), was very highly requested for Brawl, and is the mascot of the 4th gen. Sakurai also said that he loves all of his characters when asked what was his favorite, so I think he would want Lucario back.

Its-Mii-Will wrote:

If Sakurai said it won't happen, It won't happen.

Sakurai never really ruled out Ridley when he said it was impossible. He also implied that they could get it to work if they could, just make him a little slow. Which indicates that he never really had a strong answer to the question, just had to scrap an explanation up for one other then "I was lazy and did not think of a way to implement Ridley."

Its-Mii-Will wrote:

Don't count on it. The Duck Hunt dog doesn't even have a name. It isn't relevant since Duck Hunt is nearly a 30 year old game and you're the only person I've seen that has wanted him so I don't really think he's all that popular.

Relevancy doesn't matter, he's retro. Also, he would work perfectly as a WTF? character, which R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch fall under.

Its-Mii-Will wrote:

Bottom line, the game hasn't even started development yet and you seem pretty sure about some of your roster choices. The game is a few years away from release so anything could happen.

Never said any of them were a sure bet. But I do stick by these characters being strong choices for SSB4.

Its-Mii-Will wrote:

EDIT: After reading your forum post, Toad seems like one of the most boring characters to be put it. He already makes a cameo as apart of Peach's moveset and as a trophy. That's all he needs. I can tell you right now we will not get a Samurai Warriors character.

Takamaru is not a Samurai Warriors character. He is owned by Nintendo and starred in Nazo No Murasame Jo, a 1986 Japan-only Famicom Disk title.

What better choices are there for a fifth Mario rep then Toad? It's not like they can't recolor Toad and make THE Toad playable or replace Toad with Toadsworth.

victini in Smash Bros.4 would be interesting to see u_u

Always nice to see more support for Victini. It's my most wanted character for SSB4.

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

TheKingOfTown

Characters I think will make it.
Little Mac
Saki
Medusa
Zoroark
Bowser Jr.
Takamaru
The rest is a complete mystery.
@Limelight Are you the same person in the GameSpot/GameFAQs Smash Wii U forums? I doubt you recognize me, but I'm the9thinning in those forums.

Edited on by TheKingOfTown

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

ItsFuzzyPickles

Are you the same person in the GameSpot/GameFAQs Smash Wii U forums? I doubt you recognize me, but I'm the9thinning in those forums.

Yes I'm that same person on that forum. I haven't really seen you on that forum, so if I ever come across you, I'll make sure you leave you a message.

Anyway, for characters I think will get in; I'm saying Ridley, Little Mac, and King K. Rool. Of course there will be more newcomers, but I'll throw in a new prediction roster once Uprising is released.

ItsFuzzyPickles

TheKingOfTown

Limelight_788 wrote:

Are you the same person in the GameSpot/GameFAQs Smash Wii U forums? I doubt you recognize me, but I'm the9thinning in those forums.

Yes I'm that same person on that forum. I haven't really seen you on that forum, so if I ever come across you, I'll make sure you leave you a message.

Anyway, for characters I think will get in; I'm saying Ridley, Little Mac, and King K. Rool. Of course there will be more newcomers, but I'll throw in a new prediction roster once Uprising is released.

Yeah, I don't post much there.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

blackknight77

I've been debating which characters will return and which will get the axe for the next game. I'm hoping there are some cool debuts as well.

Here are my thoughts so far
Ganondorf will get cut in the new game and replaced with Ghirahim as a new character debut. I could see Faron woods getting its own stage with Fi showing up as a final smash or assist trophy.

Sonic will return, but not sure about Snake. New series characters will make there debut: Mega Man from the X series and Simon Belmont from Castlevania. I'd like to see Bonk added but that is a long shot.

Little Mac gets promoted from Assist trophy to playable character.

I'm hoping Toon Link will return and Toon Zelda(perhaps changing into Tetra) as a new addition.

Zero Suit Samus will return with a Metriod Other M stage. I'd love to see a level with Phantoon causing havoc in the background.

Mario will have his Galaxy themed level based off of the 2 games. Paper Mario will make his series debut as a fighter or at minimum have a level themed off of Super Paper Mario.

Dr. Mario will make his return.

Swapnote will get a new level taking the place of Pictochat.

Many of the Brawl stages will remain and Melee stages might become DLC. I'd love to see the random CD and sticker drops remain along with the sticker album. I'd love to see a new single player mode with the awesome cutscenes but also keep classic and all-star mode as well.

Anyway these are just some thoughts on the new game.

Edited on by blackknight77

Reopen the Wii Shop Channel

Sylverstone

My responses are italicized and bolded.

Heavy_Barrel wrote:

I've been debating which characters will return and which will get the axe for the next game. I'm hoping there are some cool debuts as well.

Here are my thoughts so far:
Ganondorf will get cut in the new game and replaced with Ghirahim as a new character debut. I could see Faron Woods getting its own stage with Fi showing up as a final smash or assist trophy.
Out of all the Zelda characters, Ghirahim is the best bet for a new character. And a hell no to Fi.

Sonic will return, but not sure about Snake. New series characters will make there debut: Mega Man from the X series and Simon Belmont from Castlevania. I'd like to see Bonk added but that is a long shot.
SEGA and Nintendo are tight, so Sonic is a possibility. Kojima - we're unsure about Snake since he was begging for him to be in Melee, and got his wish for Brawl. Our best chance is for Mega Man X to debut. Unsure about Simon Belmont - forget about Bonk, who knows what the hell Konami will do to Hudson's franchises...

Little Mac gets promoted from Assist trophy to playable character.
This I'm rallying for.

I'm hoping Toon Link will return and Toon Zelda(perhaps changing into Tetra) as a new addition.
Toon Link, unlockable. Toon Zelda/Tetra.... maybe.

Zero Suit Samus will return with a Metriod Other M stage. I'd love to see a level with Phantoon causing havoc in the background.
She'll definitely be back and Other M will probably be represented.

Mario will have his Galaxy themed level based off of the 2 games. Paper Mario will make his series debut as a fighter or at minimum have a level themed off of Super Paper Mario.
It's about high time for a Galaxy-based stage. Paper Mario is a maybe from me. Then again...

Dr. Mario will make his return.
I hope, he was one of my favorites from Melee.

Swapnote will get a new level taking the place of Pictochat.
Oh boy, nothing like getting assaulted by Nikki's messages...

Many of the Brawl stages will remain and Melee stages might become DLC. I'd love to see the random CD and sticker drops remain along with the sticker album. I'd love to see a new single player mode with the awesome cutscenes but also keep classic and all-star mode as well.
With Nintendo Network, anything is possible! CD and sticker drops will probably remain intact. New single-player, hopefully better than the Subspace Emissary. Classic and All-Star modes must be preserved.

Anyway these are just some thoughts on the new game.

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

8GB

I would like to see ANY of these characters in the new Super Smash Bros.

*Magnus (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
*Eggplant Wizard (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong series)
Ghirahim (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
Rayman (Rayman Origins)
*Megaman (Megaman series)
Bomberman (Bomberman Blast)
Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog series)
Amy, Big, Knuckles, or Tails (Sonic Adventure)
Mr. Ford (The Conduit)
Zoroark (Pokemon Black/White Version)
Krystal (Starfox series)
Louie (Pikmin 2)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance)
*Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy series)

*Characters I REALLY want to see

Xbox Live Gamertag: E14 4th UNIT
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0946-2235-6073

bro2dragons

I think both are unlikely, but while my pick my be even more unlikely, I'd much rather see Demise show up than Ghirahim. (Though I wouldn't mind the Super Smash Bros. announcer finally tell me how to pronounce that name...)

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

Prof_Clayton

Things I hope we will see:
Girahim
Megaman
Swapnote stage
Tloz stage
Super mario galaxy stage
NSMBW stage
Wuhu stage, possibly the MK7 wuhu loop with this as the background while fighting on a platform
Pokemon B&W stage
Earhtworm Jim (longshot)
and hopefully an eShop character, not sure who though

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

Drawdler

A Galaxy stage... Dillon... Mallo... Girahim... Megaman... And Swapnote Stage for lulz factor. I don't want them to add Zoroark because it's such a boring character but obviously they will. As far as replacing or changing characters I can't say anything because I haven't played a Smash Bros game properly even though I have Brawl.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic