Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 25,841 to 25,860 of 27,917

veeflames

Well, that's obviously Satoru Iwata. A thin Satoru Iwata.
Maybe the more important question is... how did pink mustaches sneak itself into the discussion? What the heck are pink mustaches, anyway?
Please don't answer those questions. Let's get back to topic

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Joeynator3000

............MARKIPLIER FOR SMASH! lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tsuchinoko

Hah! I finally voted in the ballot!

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Pootypie

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Why did you take so long to vote???

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Tsuchinoko

TheGreatLord wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Well, the the ballot was announced just like, one minute after I found out I was getting my main back. Plus I was always conflicted on who to vote for. I don't have a computer so I can just vote with my phone, and can only vote once so...

DreamyViridi

That Iwata amiibo looks great. Another nice bit of dedication to the legend and it's getting a fair bit of cash for the charity at $400 right now.

DreamyViridi wrote:

...Pac-Man's battle entrance has changed a bit. Rather odd addition to the update.

Yesterday I said this but it turns out I was right about it being my 3DS. It was a weird graphical bug which seemed to have fixed itself when I turned the game off and on again. I'm guessing it was a graphical bug because the colours of shields and KO explosions were also off. I guess when I installed the update data, I went into the game too soon.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pootypie

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TheGreatLord wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Well, the the ballot was announced just like, one minute after I found out I was getting my main back. Plus I was always conflicted on who to vote for. I don't have a computer so I can just vote with my phone, and can only vote once so...

Who did you vote for? I'm interested in knowing and I won't judge you.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Hendesu

You know what's funny? That people think Sora will never be in Smash Bros while thinking Banjoe & a second Xenoblade rep is has better chance than Sora. But's that none of my business. Untitled

Edited on by Hendesu

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Tsuchinoko

@TheGreatLord: Chibi-robo. Ill vote with my friends phone tomorrow, and I'm thinking Wonder Red or Snake.

My fiance voted for Chun-li...

Eel

I voted for the elite beat agents. I hope they at least have a chance.

I think their Japanese counterparts are a bit more popular, I'd like to believe that the two count as the same.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tsuchinoko

@Morpheel: As much as I liked those games, Rhythm Heaven kind of made them obsolete. It would be nice if a new one came out, but their reliance on pop songs versus RH having all original music, not to mention appearing on more consoles, makes EBA/Ouendan kind of a license heavy gamble.

RH is definitely the more popular (and fun INHO) of the two.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

NintendoFan64

@Tsuchinoko: Speaking of Rhythm Heaven, I got Fever over the summer and loved it. Would be nice to get a rep from that series.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Tsuchinoko

@NintendoFan64: The only problem is there's no real mascot or main character. An assist might work.

The most recurring characters are probably the chorus kids or the karate guy, but there's no real moveset there. If they somehow did a Mr. G&W type thing and made a character that represented a whole bunch of the stages in RH that could totally work. I mean, there's tons of material in those games.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Eel

I think they're too different to even compare them.

Anyway, I just think the characters themselves would make great fighters. There's no need for any licenced music.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tsuchinoko

Morpheel wrote:

I think they're too different to even compare them.

Anyway, I just think the characters themselves would make great fighters. There's no need for any licenced music.

I'm not saying that the characters are comparable. But clearly Nintendo had two music franchises, and due to popularity or ease with not dealing with licensed music or other internal factors, one is a successful game spanning multiple console generations, and the other has become a footnote.

NintendoFan64

@Tsuchinoko: A Game & Watch type character is kind of what I had in mind. Maybe use someone like Marshal.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Joeynator3000

I consider Marshal from Fever to be the mascot, even though he wasn't really around until that game. No clue if he ever showed up on the original game or "Remix", though. (the 3DS game)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

As far as I know, each game treats at least one character as a pseudo mascot.

At least... The DS game had the frog, and the wii one had marshal and his friends.

I think he's based on the Chorus kids from DS, but I can't confirm it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tsuchinoko

Who is Marshall though? I've gone through the entire 3ds game and I don't think I ever saw him.

EDIT. Well, the 3ds has its own little cute mascot who is a totally new character, though he isn't involved in the music sections at all.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic