Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 25,801 to 25,820 of 27,917

DreamyViridi

...Pac-Man's battle entrance has changed a bit. Rather odd addition to the update.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Joeynator3000

sighs Never mind, my Wii U is being slow...now it decides to update the game. >.>
EDIT: .....I was expecting Monster Hunter music, the trailer had it. lol

Edited on by Eel

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DreamyViridi

@NintendoFan64: Compared to how it previously looked, now the "circle" makes the waka waka motion until Pac-Man pops up. Though it might be a small 3DS bug or something since that only happens sometimes. Plus, in a couple of online matches I had, I noticed that attacks that involved the iconic shape (Dash Attack, Side-B, etc.), the mouth wouldn't open

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

NintendoFan64

@DreamyViridi: Weird how they used their resources to make that little change, but whatever.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Hendesu

@NintyMan: Wait, there was a free stage?

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Eel

In the 3ds version, the update includes the duck hunt stage (from the WiiU game). No purchases needed.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pootypie

Mario90125 wrote:

@Hendesu: Yeah, of course. I'm surprised Nintendo gave us a free stage for once.

...miiverse

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Tsuchinoko

@Mario90125: Miiverse was free too.

Edit. I finally get to use the the phrase ninja'd.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

DreamyViridi

@Mario90125: But Miiverse was free, wasn't it? I mean that's not saying much, 'cause it's Miiverse but still...
EDIT: Ah, beaten to it twice....

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Grumblevolcano

@Tsuchinoko: Miiverse doesn't count as it was technically on disc content (that's of course why people were able to find songs like Nintendo Land Medley). Charging for the Miiverse stage would've been like if Nintendo charged for the Splatoon maps released before the August update.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

I should become a ninja maybe greninja can teach me

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Grumblevolcano

Anyone feel like the most recent update made All Star easier? I managed to beat it on hard with a few characters I'm terrible with like Pac-Man and Peach as a result of Pirate Ship almost always appearing as Stage 2..

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

Now that I think about it, with the Toad outfit, you can make Aladdin.

And with the Business suit, you can make some pretty convincing Turks, from Final Fantasy 7. Specially Rude.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TeeJay

Grumblevolcano wrote:

By looking at the arrangement of stage icons, I'm wondering if there is any stages left. Unless they shrink the icons, the 2 we got today looks like the last of it.

???

Both the Wii U and 3DS versions have a second page on the stage select screen that is almost entirely empty.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

IceClimbers

It seems that this is far more than a minor patch. The game has been fundamentally changed.

Shieldstun frames have been more than doubled, making it higher than in Melee. This makes shield pressure a much safer option and shielding much less safe, leading to a less campy game.

This means moves that were unsafe in the past are now advantageous and can lead right into a grab. Multi-hit moves also benefit from this greatly (Aura Sphere, most jabs, Needles, etc).

This is a massive buff for a lot of characters, and a nerf for some. Sheik in particular is gonna be absolutely horrifying with Needles.

Edit: Apparently you can't even drop shield between the two hits of Ryu's collarbone breaker. Now that's horrifying.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoFan64

I'm getting the Business Suit. Why? Briefcase cannon. That's why.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

mariovslink62

Quick question. Can I call, and ask Nintendo of America about something unrelated to repairs and stuff. I have to ask them something.

DERP

Nintendo Network ID: awesomeface2149

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic