Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 25,561 to 25,580 of 27,917

Pootypie

Sorry for not exactly talking about the current topic but I think that if there will be another stage it will be related to the next DLC character. So if King K Rool wins then it would be a DK stage, that's just what I think though.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Smash_kirby

They had Square composers on for Smash brothers 4 and Brawl. If Square Enix is getting something out of it then I am sure they would be more than happy to get Sora in Smash. Or Disney buys up Nintendo then demands Mickey and Sora to be in the game. Then all of the Nintendo property would be outsourced to EA to make Nintendo games.

Edited on by Smash_kirby

Smash_kirby

Tsuchinoko

@Smash_kirby: Umm, what? I understand all those words separately but what are you talking about?

Nobuo Uematsu (the Final Fantasy composer) composed the theme for Brawl. He worked for Square Enix but they don't own him. If he wanted to take on another job he totally could, and he did. And at the time he was working with Nintendo on the Smash team he wasn't even part of SE anymore.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Smash_kirby

@UGXwolf: @Kinan: It was a joke really in reference to the former state of Lucas arts.
@Tsuchinoko: What I was trying to say, and poorly was that Nintendo has worked with Square before. I personally want Isaac over Sora in terms of DLC for smash but Sora in smash might help along bringing the other KH games to Nintendo systems. A man can dream and make less sense right?

Smash_kirby

Grumblevolcano

@TheGreatLord: I agree but not that the next character is involved with the Ballot. Wolf and a Star Fox Zero stage seems so obvious especially as Star Fox Zero is the next big Nintendo game after the already released Super Mario Maker. If you look closely, most of the big Wii U games have had stages attached:
New Super Mario Bros. U: Mushroom Kingdom U
Pikmin 3: Forest of Hope
Wind Waker HD: ?
Sonic Lost World: Windy Hill Zone
Super Mario 3D World: ?
DKC Tropical Freeze: ?
Mario Kart 8: Mario Circuit
Hyrule Warriors: Skyloft (Bridge of Eldin kind of also counts as it is part of the Twilight Field map)
Bayonetta 2: ?
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: Battlefield and Final Destination
Splatoon: ?
Yoshi's Woolly World: Yoshi's Woolly World
Super Mario Maker: Super Mario Maker

So what's left? Wind Waker HD could mean the return of Pirate Ship, 3D World is similar to 3D Land so maybe this is skipped, despite K Rool not appearing in Tropical Freeze maybe the 2 get put together as they are both DK related (you suggested this somewhat), Bayonetta 2 of course won't get representation as the age rating is too high for Smash, if the Inklings appear then a Splatoon stage is a no brainer. All of these that stand any chance except Pirate Ship relies on ballot data and given we've never had only 1 stage appear as DLC in a collection there's got to be something coming alongside Super Mario Maker. So either Star Fox Zero stage (with Wolf) and/or return of Pirate Ship (maybe with Young Link) seems most likely on September 30th. Well that or the Shovel Knight rumour is fully true and we're getting a Shovel Knight stage at the same time as Super Mario Maker.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

Shantae & the Pirate's Curse is getting a physical release in Japan!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

Been lurking on the character support threads on Smashboards and there seems to be a general assumption over there that we'll know all of the Ballot picks at once in early October. How cute. Sakurai's wild ride will easily continue into next year. The speculation doesn't end in October.

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers: Well it depends on how many ballot picks Sakurai chooses, if there's only 1 or 2 then I could see it all being announced in October. If there's more then I definitely think it'll be spread out like the non-ballot DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

@IceClimbers: We honestly just don't know. What are they basing that assumption on?

CapeSmash

THEORY TIME:

I definitely think we're going to get some sort of Smash Direct somewhere around the 30th. I think they'll reveal one or two of the ballot picks in the direct. They'll reveal Wolf or Shovel Knight (or both) in the direct, and at a later date, they'll reveal King K. Rool (I think he is 100% in the game, and the Mii costume sort of konfirms him in a way). Wolf will be released on the 30th, and maybe Shovel Knight, I'm not sure. I also think all newcomers will come with a new stage.

Also, I'm pretty sure the ballot characters started development sometime in June. Lucas, Roy, and Ryu were well over 100% complete in June (and maybe even in May). So after Sakurai and co. got done working on them, they went straight to work on the ballot characters.

Some might say "There's no way Sakurai started working on the ballot characters in June, he's going to wait until the ballot ends to do that!" But I find that complete BS. Look what Sakurai said in his Famistu article in June 2015: "We’ve received an extremely large number of votes..." That to me implies that Sakurai has more than enough votes to go ahead and start working on the ballot characters. I don't think that's too far-fetched of an idea, to be honest.

Why do I think that the ballot characters started work in June? Well, Sakurai also said this in his Famistu article in June 2015: "From now on, it is going to be fan service, but I can’t keep the development team together forever, so there’s only going to be several more characters." Note that he said "from now on", which to me says when the Ryu update was finished, they went straight to work on the ballot characters. Which was more than likely in June, because the Ryu update was released the same month. So yeah, that's why I think that.

TL;DR:

• We're getting a Smash Direct sometime around the 30th. They'll reveal Wolf or Shovel Knight, or both. Wolf will release the same day. (If we don't get a Smash Direct around that time, then I think we'll just get a series of tweets confirming various things, but not any characters.)
  • The ballot characters started work in June. (I don't think this part of my theory is that far fetched. Like, when else would they work on them?)
  • King K. Rool is 100% in the game, and not because of bias, I have some evidence and plausible theories to back this up. I'm not going to post that right now though, that will be for another time (that is, if you guys want to see it.)

/theory

What do you guys think of my theory? Does this all sound plausible or am I just completely insane for thinking all of this? Please let me know what you thought.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Grumblevolcano

@CapeSmash: I think everything in the theory seems plausible except the Smash Direct part and possibly the working on the ballot characters since June, There's way too much we don't know about Nintendo's upcoming lineup that I think it needs to be a general Direct. Here's some examples:

• So far Star Fox Zero for the most part looks like a Star Fox 64 clone, assuming it isn't one they need to show more footage to convey this. (EDIT: Nevermind, it's not even a 2015 release anymore)
  • Mario Tennis Ultra Smash looks like a Mario Tennis 64 clone with mega mushrooms added, more details needed and release date in NA.
  • Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival hasn't been given any details since E3.
  • Club Nintendo ends for the remaining regions on September 30th.
  • If Hyrule Warriors Legends releases worldwide in January, more info needs to be given regarding the 3DS to Wii U transfer.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Rexcalibr

I wouldn't mind Wolf but I don't really care for Shovel Knight and kind of hope the second character would be someone else.

I wish this was one of the music tracks on one of the Super Mario stages...

I wonder what the music selection will be on the Mario Maker stage.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Grumblevolcano

@Rexcalibr: I'm expecting mainly 2D Mario original themes and remixes. Some of those missing songs from previous games like Mushroomy Kingdom's Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros.), and both (64 and 2 Melee) Mushroom Kingdom themes excluding the main theme for Mushroom Kingdom II.

Grumblevolcano

Tsuchinoko

Video of one of the most interesting Lucas players I've ever seen.

His erratic movements make me think he must be super hyperactive in real life.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

MrMeowPuss

Are the levels in this and characters different to the 3DS version? I have the 3DS version and wondered if it would be worth buying it again if I get a Wii U.

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss Friend Code: SW-7290-1987-5404

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@MrMeow13: There's different stages, but the character roster is the same. All of the paid DLC is available on both versions.

MrMeowPuss

@IceClimbers: Thanks for that. I think I will still get it purely for the online play, better graphics and getting to play it on a larger screen!

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss Friend Code: SW-7290-1987-5404

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic